What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Dark

Noob
Summary for chapter 5(Was kind of confusing near the end):

Back at Special Forces HQ, Sonya is threatening to kill D'Vorah if Kotal moves, he gets upset and prepares to attack. Raiden comes in and zaps the shit out of everyone. Kotal is pissed and says "Earthrealm. Our fate will be yours." Kotal and his comrades prepare to leave, Kotal opens some kind of portal. Raiden says to him "You promised me you wouldn't use that portal stone anymore, Kotal." Kotal replies with "And after the netherrealm war, you promised our worlds would cooperate." Raiden informs Sonya that he's looking for her daughter.

Now back to the match, Frost is beating Cassie until she gets the upperhand and knocks her out. She's told to finish her and refuses, until they put Jacqui at gunpoint. Right before she kills her, the place is attacked by the Black Dragon's Jarek and Tasia(From MK: Special Forces). Jacqui uses the distraction to get the keys to the cage, and frees Cassie. They take Frost to safety to make up for almost killing her. Jarek and Tasia confront them, they request Cassie's presence. They start running, and I believe what Cassie's doing is filming whats behind her on her cellphone so whoever finds it will know who took them. A portal opens and sucks them in, based on Jarek's dialogue I believe it is theirs. She drops the phone.

Sonya is scrolling through the phone and sees multiple "Daddy Cage" calls in Recent Calls. Then it shows a picture of Erron Black on her phone, not sure what this means. Sonya is getting Johnny and going to outworld. "Kotal Kahn is a dead man".

So I'm thinking the picture of Erron is from when she was filming behind herself and Kotal possibly sent the Black Dragon and Erron there to kidnap Sonya's daughter after she refused to cooperate with him.

Edit: Actually, more likely it means Erron was inside the portal and that's what was caught on her phone.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Quite sure it means that the Portal Cassie and Jacqui went through went to Outworld, and to wherever Erron Black seeing as how she nabbed a picture of him for her trail.

I'm assuming Cassie thinks this means Kotal kidnapped her because it's a picture of Erron Black but I bet money it's gonna be another case of good-guy-kotal-kahn and he's like "What the hell are you talking about, I literally saved your daughter and god-daughter from your actual archenemy so I could convince you that i'm not an asshole."

Dark

Noob
Quite sure it means that the Portal Cassie and Jacqui went through went to Outworld, and to wherever Erron Black seeing as how she nabbed a picture of him for her trail.

I'm assuming Cassie thinks this means Kotal kidnapped her because it's a picture of Erron Black but I bet money it's gonna be another case of good-guy-kotal-kahn and he's like "What the hell are you talking about, I literally saved your daughter and god-daughter from your actual archenemy so I could convince you that i'm not an asshole."
Yep that actually seems more logical. Jacqui mentioning selfies got me thinking the camera was focused on what was behind Cassie. Erron was definitely in the portal.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
When they were carrying Frost out and talking about how they saved her I was like:

"A new trio of lady-badasses with different races and powers kicking ass throughout MK in the name of the forces of light?"

And then fucking Jarek Jobberpants comes in and scares them off before they could take Frost with them.

Woulda been fucking beautiful.

I was so ready to see Kotal and the Special Forces throw down, too. Next time, Gadget...next time.

Mileena dies, bank on it. She's not giving up her claim to the throne otherwise, right? And we know Kotal's going to run Outworld at some point.

Jarek? Ha. Like Hsu Hao before him, he is so dead.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I was so ready to see Kotal and the Special Forces throw down, too. Next time, Gadget...next time.

Mileena dies, bank on it. She's not giving up her claim to the throne otherwise, right? And we know Kotal's going to run Outworld at some point.

Hopefully he meets a dignified end like in MK4

Dark

Noob

Spoiler for upcoming issue:
" Emperor Kotal Kahn sends his most trusted warriors to take down the would-be Empress Mileena" is part of the CH7 summary, seems like he already is the emperor, at least mostly, and she's just trying to declare herself as such.

MCPeePants

Bout it
So The Kombat Tether just posted a a screenshot from the upcoming fourth chapter of the Mortal Kombat X comic that will be coming out this Sunday (for you guys, at least. I'll be getting it Monday 'cause, you know, Australia.)
Is anyone else who got it through Comixology not got there issue yet?
In all seriousness, I really don't get it ever on ComiX until next-day. Even if I stay up til midnight. Sucks.

Yep, I am that forgetful about time zones.

I dunno though, man, I saw people saying they've already got their issues so I thought I'd be able to get mine ahha

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think you guys need to put up spoilers, I don't understand why anyone would come to the comic discussion thread unless they're up to date with it, or else they wouldnt have anything to discuss.

Anyway.

Of course Reiko's faking it, the only person crazy enough to be down for that is another Tarkatan.

These two were obviously meant for each other...

comixology doesnt work for me today, i get logged out and cart emptied every time i proceed a page. anyone else with that problem?