What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Am I the only one who's not that fussed about the emo cowboy?
Wait, wait, wait.

Sure, no one has to like any new characters but how does this guy look emo at all. It can't be from what he said, dude didn't talk, and it can't be what he did, all he did was stand and then get into a battle position.

Since when are stereotypical cowboys(well, this one is a cowboy ninja) emo?

You're saying this

plus this

equal this?

I don't see it.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Wait, wait, wait.

Sure, no one has to like any new characters but how does this guy look emo at all. It can't be from what he said, dude didn't talk, and it can't be what he did, all he did was stand and then get into a battle position.

You're saying this

plus this

equal this?

I don't see it.
Because of the scene where Sonya calls D'vorah a backstabber. Look at Erron Black in the background, everyone else is in fighting positions. What's he doing? Standing at the back, looking over his shoulder like he's at a bloody photoshoot.
Also, I don't get this whole "cross between ninja and cowboy" thing. There's nothing ninja about him, he's just pure western.

Wait, wait, wait.

You're saying this

plus this

equal this?

I don't see it.
loooool!!!!!

Kotal Kahn : incredibly badass. I like how he seems reasonable, more like a leader than a maniac warlord
Erron Black : Fuckin'awesome. Pretty sure he is gonna be in the game. as someone else said, he is too detailed for being just a random guy
Raiden : The King of all badasses everyone hates.
Cassie : Starting to like her
Jaqcui : wtf?

only 11 weeks left….

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
You know damn well that isn't what he meant by face mask.

He's talking about the stereotypical MK ninja mask all the MK ninjas have (Ermac being the only exception, though he still has one in his second costume). Covering the bottom half of their faces.
Haha you got me :p
But that westerner face mask in no way makes that cowboy a ninja

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What western face mask? Traditionally cowboys/bandits robbed things wearing bandanas over their mouths like this:

Erron's mask isn't a bandana and is styled similarly to the MK ninja's.

He's also wearing a full body suit that's sleeveless and has arm guards and arm bands(similarly to most MK ninjas, but not cowboys, and most notably the two revealed ninjas so far, Sub and Scorp, and he's also rocking the buckled strap style like them as well).

Nothing is certain but all evidence points towards a clear answer.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
What western face mask? Traditionally cowboys/bandits robbed things wearing bandanas over their mouths like this:

Erron's mask isn't a bandana and is styled similarly to the MK ninja's.

He's also wearing a full body suit that's sleeveless and has arm guards and arm bands(similarly to most MK ninjas, but not cowboys, and most notably the two revealed ninjas so far, Sub and Scorp, and he's also rocking the buckled strap style like them as well).

Nothing is certain but all evidence points towards a clear answer.
I guess we just see him differently. To me he looks all cowboy, no ninja.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I guess we just see him differently. To me he looks all cowboy, no ninja.
I'm mainly being a smartass, of course he looks more cowboy than ninja.

However if he really does become playable it will be truly momentous occasion. we haven't seen a new ninja in MK since UMK3 I beleive.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'm mainly being a smartass, of course he looks more cowboy than ninja.

However if he really does become playable it will be truly momentous occasion. we haven't seen a new ninja in MK since UMK3 I beleive.
Haha so was I. Even if he does become playable it wouldn't be a new ninja, but the first ever cowboy in MK :p