What's new

MKX Comic Issue # 1 now available via Comixology

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If you're reading to begin the journey and the road to Mortal Kombat X the time is now. Today you are able to get your hands on the first Mortal Kombat X digital comic written by Shawn Kittelsen. The comic will lead us in to the events that will happen in Mortal Kombat X starting on April 14th, 2015 when the game drops.

If you're ready, please click this link to support Warner Bros/NetherRealm Studios and purchase your own copy today! Each issue is .99 cents!
mkxchapter1.jpg

Source: Comixology

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Well instead of explaining shit, it just opens up more questions, WTF

Edit: is this before the events of MK9?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well instead of explaining shit, it just opens up more questions, WTF

Edit: is this before the events of MK9?
Can't be, they discuss the Netherrealm War that's already happened. We were trying to figure this out in the plot discussion thread too lol.

Mixed feelings. It did not really establish anything but I'll withhold judgment until the next ish. Definitely not aimed to draw in newer/casual fans, though, because they wouldn't recognize a lot of the names mentioned. That's not optimal for money making, but again, meh. I'm not reading this for anybody else but me.

Kinda wish they actually showed the fight between...

...Kenshi and Hsu Hao. I mean, that's what we came here for. Bloody deathmatches. Plus, who WOULDN'T wanna see a telekinetic swordfighter in action against a Mongolian Cyborg?

Art and dialogue aren't earth-shattering. They get the job done. I do appreciate how characters have different "voices" so far. Personality is very important to me when it comes to stories. So...I guess, all told, I'm kind of wary, but I'm looking forward to more.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)