What's new

MKX Bible

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Okay, now that the game is less than 48 hours from release. We know many high level tourney players plan to create tutorials and the like for characters on here, twitch, and YouTube.

Now, looking back at mk9 for a moment. We had a few bibles pop up on the mobile app stores. They varied in completeness, accuracy, and technical knowhow.

I'm looking for something similar, a more complete Bible. One that not only lists each characters move list, frame data, and finishers, but one that expands on that. One that lists numerous combos ranging from corner to AA, and many other situations. Strategies, pros and cons to each variation, hell even a note section underneath each character so we can add our own notes to the app. Almost like a notepad of sorts. Somewhere we can type up issues we've had with certain characters/variations and later use that info to work out counters in the lab.

Something us as a collective community can contribute to and expand upon. When we're on the go we can't always bring our notebooks and strategies along with us, but let's face it. We all carry our phones with us.

Is anyone here that has any plans on making a bible for mkx? I would love to make one for the community, but I lack the equipment necessary to build one (don't even have a computer as of now).

I think this would actually be quite an engaging discussion though. Even if no one has any plans to make one (pretty sure we'd all buy it lol).

How about all of you? Is this something you'd like to see, and if so what types of things would you like to see within?

All of the bibles and guide apps are usually just people cashing in on the new game with info that can already be found in the game (or easily on the internet)

I would say a "complete bible" would be difficult because it would be very very subjective, especially since mkx is so new and the meta is still playing out. If you want something like this you would need to wait. In the mean time the best way to level up is to develop your own play style and study up on the game for yourself. Of course sharing tech and meta development with each other helps too.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
All of the bibles and guide apps are usually just people cashing in on the new game with info that can already be found in the game (or easily on the internet)

I would say a "complete bible" would be difficult because it would be very very subjective, especially since mkx is so new and the meta is still playing out. If you want something like this you would need to wait. In the mean time the best way to level up is to develop your own play style and study up on the game for yourself. Of course sharing tech and meta development with each other helps too.
I know it would take a while, but I'm just thinking here. Regardless I'm probably gonna be booting up Evernote on my phone, making an mkx folder and filling it with info I discover. Granted, that's still problematic because it has to fetch from the cloud and in not always in an area with coverage lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I find this sexist

why not an MKX Bible approved by women, like Elizabeth Cady Stanton fought for

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
It could be interesting. It would require a lot of work like interviewing multiple players who play a certain char matchups etc. The cash out would be huge if its actually legit. Get like updates every 3 months etc. Put like a tier list in there. Etc etc

Energy Crisis

new to posting, but I been a ghost for years
I was actually planning on asking a similar question to this. When MK9 came out & I got my 1st smart phone I downloaded an app mainly for easy reference finishing & special moves for each character. That app had a quick link to TYM (which is how i was introduced to this site) & in the beginning (before all the patches) even had character breakdowns from Tom Brady himself on Kung Lao, Scorpion & Sub-Zero (maybe more. Don't remember). Anyway... my phone formatted itself when my memory card got corrupted. I lost the app & haven't been able to find it again. I was wondering if that app still existed & if a similar 1 was planned for MKX (TYM quick link & all)

Last edited: