What's new

MKX at Canada Cup?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The twenty that went were still very strong players, and top three has a hugely entertaining between the Buffalo FGC brothers playing against eachother as sisters in winners finals.
Cool to see new Kitana go up against new Quan, and see Mileena and Takeda's changes, too

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
The twenty that went were still very strong players, and top three has a hugely entertaining between the Buffalo FGC brothers playing against eachother as sisters in winners finals.
Cool to see new Kitana go up against new Quan, and see Mileena and Takeda's changes, too
I'd love to watch in the morning, what stream was it? Please and thanks!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Why so early?
Simple, more people pre regged for the other games, so they planned for a small tournament for MKX,

how would it look for them to run a game in a prime time spot saturday with so few entrants?

Why do people still feel like it's MK getting fucked over if people don't travel for a tourny? Most people probably saving there moneys to travel to tournys with big pot bonuses like KIT.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
While I agree that the community does need to travel more to support the tournament scene, the fact that SF had a ton of entrants may have had something to do with scheduling MK for just 1 day, and on Friday at that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
While I agree that the community does need to travel more to support the tournament scene, the fact that SF had a ton of entrants may have had something to do with scheduling MK for just 1 day, and on Friday at that.
Didn't sfv have a 15k pot bonus?

Also that's what happens with pre registration, there's no schedule yet so people wouldn't have known that.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
No pot bonus = no Calf. Not gonna pay $500+ for a chance to win $250 or whatever it was. From what I can tell it may as well have been a 3 man tourney featuring Sacky, Neuby and Sooneo. I'm a little surpised Neuby beat Sooneo but hey they're all great players so it is what it is.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I honestly don't remember any hype for mkxl at Canada Cup leading up to it. It looked so vague in August on the official site and no streams talked much about it either. If any besides TTT I think might have said something. Not entirely sure.

Plus it was held on a Friday. Nah gotta work.

Heard Sunday was hype tho.