Does this sound fun?

• Hell Yes.

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Silence, fool.

Votes: 28 50.0%

• Total voters

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I think it could be awesome if NRS includes a game-mode where characters have all the moves of their variations available.

By adding a style switch button that can be used to cancel strings and has little or no recovery a great number of options would be opened to the player for combos, pressure, and set-ups. This would create a completely bonkers playing experience that would be markedly different from the standard game.

Balancing this mode would be sufficiently difficult to discourage trying at all, therefore this probably wouldn't be played competitively. It would be a purely casual (Gasp!) experience.

Your thoughts please?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Another user, Belial, propose this for balance purposes but I think it could end like always with some chars having best tools over all than others or some chars being competent at everything; what I suggest is having the system of Chaos Code where you can choose a number "x" of specials from a set of "y" before each match, so you customize your char style for every fight without being restricted to just 3 fixed styles.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think it could be awesome if NRS includes a game-mode where characters have all the moves of their variations available.

By adding a style switch button that can be used to cancel strings and has little or no recovery a great number of options would be opened to the player for combos, pressure, and set-ups. This would create a completely bonkers playing experience that would be markedly different from the standard game.

Balancing this mode would be sufficiently difficult to discourage trying at all, therefore this probably wouldn't be played competitively. It would be a purely casual (Gasp!) experience.

Your thoughts please?
That would be awesome as a fun change of pace

I think this renders the whole variations aspect useless.
And the brokeness? oh my... We gonna see Kabals high on cocaine

However I can see it coming in a "test your luck" kind of game mode.

Flagg

Noob
Let's also have a mode where we can have infinite meter and infinite run and have it in tournies as that would be really neat!

Error

DF2+R2
One problem I could see with this is what if there are specials mapped to the same command in different variations, or what if one special in one variation has different properties in another?