What's new

MKT PSX Fixed & Unfixed Version.

How can I identify the MKT Fixed and unfixed version on the PSX.

I have probably the unfixed version because I can do the Baraka corner infinity (just blade swipe over and over again), and the airtime is slow and long in general.

How does the cover of the fixed Version look like?

Thank you, so the greatest hits version plays more like UMK3 yes?
Because today I played the unfixed version with a friend and it was really not like UMK3.

Tim Static

Adminerator
DAVE101 said:
You should be able to tell from general airtime, if not:

Buggy:

Fixed:
Hey Dave, you should post pics of the actual discs, considering finding used copies are more likely, and sometimes they can get the discs mixed up :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I had an orange disc MKT that was not the buggy version, and I have played on an orange disc that was. I believe all silver disc copies are fixed.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
I had an orange disc MKT that was not the buggy version, and I have played on an orange disc that was. I believe all silver disc copies are fixed.
Yeah, me too as well.

The last time I came across a copy of the Greatest hits. which is sliver disc ONLY, it had an orange disc in it. :shock:

I dont want to open another topic so I write this here:

Today I talked with a MK Freak (he collects everything from MK) and he swear that the MKT Version for the Sega Saturn is superior to the PSX one.
He even told me that everything looks better, does someone has this Version and can tell a little bit about it?

ded

Elder God
same as psx, a little better graphics (but i guess thats because the game is somehow stretched). at least the version is not buggy (as gameplay) at all.

i can post some gameplay vid of it when i find some free time to bother with saturn again lol

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Tim Static said:
Shock said:
Yeah, me too as well.

The last time I came across a copy of the Greatest hits. which is sliver disc ONLY, it had an orange disc in it. :shock:
i had a silver that was buggy tho...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
Tim Static said:
Shock said:
Yeah, me too as well.

i had a silver that was buggy tho...
Trust me, the orange disc is LOTS buggier. Its still a fucked up game, IMO. I love the idea, but its such a poor job on the part of Team MK.

What about the platinum PAL version of the game, is that buggy or not?
Yes, Platinum is that buggy version. :(

At least those with [PAL-Unk] [SLES-02509] serial number... there is another PAL release, [PAL-E] [SLES-00528] - dunno about this version.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
I bought a used copy of MKT for psx but I dont have the original CD case. The CD print is silver/black. Does it mean I have the greatest hits version? What is the easiest way to verify?

I bought a used copy of MKT for psx but I dont have the original CD case. The CD print is silver/black. Does it mean I have the greatest hits version? What is the easiest way to verify?
The easiest way to tell is through game play. You should definitely be able to tell if you have broken MKT. If you can't tell, chances are you have greatest hits ("fixed").

RoGE

Noob
same as psx, a little better graphics (but i guess thats because the game is somehow stretched). at least the version is not buggy (as gameplay) at all.

i can post some gameplay vid of it when i find some free time to bother with saturn again lol
*interested

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
The easiest way to tell is through game play. You should definitely be able to tell if you have broken MKT. If you can't tell, chances are you have greatest hits ("fixed").
Thanks, so I have a fixed version.:cool: