What's new

MKT PC How to play TRACKS without being REAL CD's ON

sam76

Noob
ok i decided to Play MKTrilogy on PC Again with full Sound and Music option So i wonder if it's Possible to play TRACKS without physical CD reasons i'm doing this is becasue i dont want my CD Scratch first , Secondly my DVD-ROM is Rather old or sux

So far i tried Alcohol 120% to make virtual Drive but still not working (the Tracks)

i have Original MKT , i can prove that if you guys want to see :wink:

dreemernj

Ambassador
If you make a wav of every track you can make a cue sheet (a text file describing what WAV files correspond with a CD track) and then use Daemon Tools to mount the CUE file as a virtual CD rom drive.

Other virtual CD drives might support using MP3s with cue sheets but that never worked when I tried it.

sam76

Noob
i already Grabs wav* files with Windows Media Player i still dunno what to do next
Sorry i'm n00b when it comes to this :(

RoGE

Noob
sam76 said:
yeah i knew that , but i hate loading time on MKT PSx version
I mean you could put the MKT PSX CD inside your CD rom drive and MKT for the PC will play the music from that game.

Shouldn't really have loading times for that.

Iori9 said:
sam76 said:
I mean you could put the MKT PSX CD inside your CD rom drive and MKT for the PC will play the music from that game.

I used to do that. That was awesome until companies realized they could make money selling the album separate. I remember trying that with My THPS2 Disc way back when and It scratched the hell out of it. I didn't know it was only certain games. :(

RoGE

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
Iori9 said:
sam76 said:

I used to do that. That was awesome until companies realized they could make money selling the album separate. I remember trying that with My THPS2 Disc way back when and It scratched the hell out of it. I didn't know it was only certain games. :(
Yeah man, a lot of playstation game CD tracks could play on some old PC games, I was playing Tribes with Twisted Metal 4 Music (rob zombie cd right there)