What's new

MKT N64 Tier List Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Konqrr said:
At least Capcom takes the time to fix problems with the game still...Midway still hasn't figured that out yet with it's last 3 games.
Problem isn't the MK team per-se but Midway at times as you said (their superiors that give them a time schedule, only reason why some other games get it right when there's not time limit, no pressure..)

Midway really should let the MK team work at a pace, I mean look at MK:DA great game then MKD and MKA were much rushed...

@ shock, perhaps you're right ermac seems faster for some reason in MKT lol...then again everyone does

BTW I was going to ask you if you could relaunch after a TKS but apparently you can I just checked out some of your many vids and tried it myself, it does work. Just the timing is a bit tough at first. 8)

Not to get into it with anyone concerning the 3D vs. 2D but MK:DA and MKA do play well offline and can be played at high level, MKD however to me is a fun game but VERY broken, the most with the easiest glitches, OTG's and easy 12th grade free throws....

MK4 IMO isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, seen a lot worse actually out there lol. SF the movie and EX anyone? So even capcom has made it's blunders, KI died after 2 games...good job RARE ehh...

MKA is a fun game if you get into it but plays badly online sadly.....most fighters play laggy online but MKA unfortunately is one of the worst with lag.

ded

Elder God
MKF30 said:
BTW I was going to ask you if you could relaunch after a TKS but apparently you can I just checked out some of your many vids and tried it myself, it does work. Just the timing is a bit tough at first. 8)

You have no idea how much story there is behind this

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So are you guys saying that Ermac can potentially infinite with that if you master that tactic with him especially combined with his insane 50%+ combos lol?

I'm all ears and would love to hear more about it, I've always known the basics in UMK3 but will admit after reading some more about it from MKO classic and this site especially, it's definitely helped my game in general 8)

Can't wait to play it on the DS.

RAIN,
NOOB,
SMOKE,
BUT IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO FLUCTUATE FOR ME....BUT EVERY OTHER CHARACTER CAN CATCH YOU OFF RYTHM IF YOU PLAY THE SAME FIGHT ALL THE TIME ........SO MAYBE SHANG TSUNE
SHOULD BE FIRST?

Back on topic because this thread is getting retarded.

I stand corrected, I was playing as Baraka on both PC and N64 Trilogy lastnight, and it is WAY easier to combo off of Baraka's blade spin on PC/PSX then it is on N64. Simple Bladespin, Bladespin, aaHP, JK 60% I could get on PC but I couldn't even land the 2nd bladespin on N64!!!!

so UMK3 Kung Lao is probably > then Baraka atleast in N64 Trilogy, but I believe that Baraka is a fiend and his potential is more.

Its much easier to get 60% with Baraka then it is with UMK3 Kung Lao in PC/PSX due to Kung's 1 spin per combo limit.

Trying to breathe life into this thread that majority of MK "fans" don't care about!

Derek

Noob
Baraka is good for the fallowing reasons:

-High damage combos
-Excellent normals(uppercut is good roundhouse is very good)

Although I personally feel that Kaiba's list is very inaccurate. The list should be something like this. . .

1. Noob
2. Rain
3. Kabal
4. H. Smoke
5. Kung Lao
6. C. Sub
7. Baraka
8. Kano
9. Scorpion
10. Nightwolf
11. Reptile
12. Ermac
13. Sindel
14. Khameleon
15. Raiden
16. Robot Smoke
17. Kitana
18. Sonya
19. Jax
20. Cage
21. Stryker
22. Sektor
23. Liu Kang
24. Jade
25. Cyrax
26. Shang Tsung
27. Mileena
28. Sheeva

Kaiba

Noob
Kung Lao is not top 5 on 64. Granted he still has cross screen inf, he still has a spin limit. C Sub is nearly as good as H Smoke and Kabal in this game due to all freeze containments. Scorpion is a very close 6, no time limit on TP and FTP make him very devasating. I think I Scorp. had a second containment of some type or a pop up he'd be 3.

Derek

Noob
C. Sub isn't as deadly as you think. Kung Lao has movement in the spin so that keeps him high. I think movement is valuable if you know how to use it right. Kano if played right is a perfect counter to teleporting ninjas so that's why I placed him above Scorpion. If Scorpion had a pop-up he'd be number four and fighting for number three with Kabal barely edging him out.

dubson

Noob
yeah, i really dont think kung lao is top 5, for reasons that kaiba already stated

and i think scorpion should definately be higher up than kano and baraka

EDIT: Classic Sub-Zero aswell

this tier list all depends on who's using who.
styles fluctuate with one anothers fighting strategy as well.

top three would be more rational

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Darthlord CRC said:
this tier list all depends on who's using who.
styles fluctuate with one anothers fighting strategy as well.

top three would be more rational
Tier list is designed to be out of the hands of any skill level. It's supposed to be a way of determing the characters' strengths and weaknesses and assessing their overall value.