What's new

MK9 vs other fighters depth.

I think the diversity in characters is what gives the game depth. Notice that every character and their combos/playstyles are completely different while SF4 now has, what, 8 shoto fighters? That's like a fifth of the cast.

There are some combos that use neutral jump punches that are very hard to get the timing right on, not sure if they're one frame links or not, or if the extra damage it does is worth it, but is that what you're looking for?
the same people that are so quick to point out SF and its "8 shoto fighters" are the same type of people that makes threads that "XYZ has no depth"

Ryu and Ken, two of the most popular shotos play nowhere near alike in any of the recent iteration of the game. One is rushdown and one is zoning. Now really, how does Gouken, sakura, dan, rose(lol why do people call her a shoto?) or akuma have similar playstyles? Same thing with people saying T-hawk and zangief are the same style (rofl).

Can we just get away from threads like this? Seriously just close this shit. We have retards dissing MK9 having "no depth" and we have different retards shit talking capcom games and not knowing anything about the game beside the character select screen.

Ether

Noob
wilsongrady said:
I anticipate MK is a abundant easier bold to alpha. (In relations to ssf4, idk about mvc). acquirements ssf4 is absolutely arduous at aboriginal in allegory. Anyone can aces up MK9, absorb 30 account in the lab, and appear out with huge combos. It's absolutely not that simple in sf.

about it doesn't consistently accomplish the bold added fun. I adulation them both but if I had to aces one it would be MK9 easily down.

Gucci Jeans
Cheap Gucci Sunglasses
Ralph Lauren Polo Jackets for Men
Cheap Supra Shoes
What.

Fuzzymic14

FC Bound
the same people that are so quick to point out SF and its "8 shoto fighters" are the same type of people that makes threads that "XYZ has no depth"

Ryu and Ken, two of the most popular shotos play nowhere near alike in any of the recent iteration of the game. One is rushdown and one is zoning. Now really, how does Gouken, sakura, dan, rose(lol why do people call her a shoto?) or akuma have similar playstyles? Same thing with people saying T-hawk and zangief are the same style (rofl).

Can we just get away from threads like this? Seriously just close this shit. We have retards dissing MK9 having "no depth" and we have different retards shit talking capcom games and not knowing anything about the game beside the character select screen.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

Dude what are you saying? Ryu and ken have the same inputs for their 3 special moves AND they have the same properties(not damage). People aren't saying its the same character, but their moves are so comparable to one another its an easy choice to bring an argument. I can't comment on rose besides saying I think you meant to say Sagat. Oh one final note: You should avoid putting yourself above others by ambiguously name calling everyone who comments. It does wonders for an argument.

King

Sig Maker
Comparing games is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. We've had people here bring up legitimate points about both SF and MK so I don't see why threads like this need to be steered away from. If anything, I'd rather have the retards' posts deleted.

Subby

Frost Warrior
wilsongrady said:
I anticipate MK is a abundant easier bold to alpha. (In relations to ssf4, idk about mvc). acquirements ssf4 is absolutely arduous at aboriginal in allegory. Anyone can aces up MK9, absorb 30 account in the lab, and appear out with huge combos. It's absolutely not that simple in sf.

about it doesn't consistently accomplish the bold added fun. I adulation them both but if I had to aces one it would be MK9 easily down.

wilsongrady said:

have you ever been so far as even decide to want to go do more look like?

:wut: :wut: :facepalm: :wut: :wut:

jtom

Noob
I think the diversity in characters is what gives the game depth. Notice that every character and their combos/playstyles are completely different while SF4 now has, what, 8 shoto fighters? That's like a fifth of the cast.

There are some combos that use neutral jump punches that are very hard to get the timing right on, not sure if they're one frame links or not, or if the extra damage it does is worth it, but is that what you're looking for?
i hate to single you out man, but this is exactly why all these SF/MK threads at TYM are retarded. for the most part, the majority of the mk players on this site dont have even adequate knowledge of SF's gameplay or its mechanics. comparing NJP combos to 1 frame links? c'mon man its not even close.

and yes there are 8 shotos in sf... they all have completely different play-styles. theres also 39 playable characters in SF, shotos, grapplers, charge characters, dive kick characters, odd ball characters like viper ibuki sim & gen... you pointing out there's 8 shotos in SF is like me saying there's 5 ninjas in MK. its irrelevant and nonsensical but many of you apparently love talking about it.

would it hurt some of you to just stick to what you know (MK) and have fun with it?

/rant

Past

Noob
wilsongrady said:

Gucci Jeans
Cheap Gucci Sunglasses
Ralph Lauren Polo Jackets for Men
Cheap Supra Shoes
With the apparel links on the bottom and the poor grammar, I think we are witnessing the birth of a new type of troll.

Dude what are you saying? Ryu and ken have the same inputs for their 3 special moves AND they have the same properties(not damage). People aren't saying its the same character, but their moves are so comparable to one another its an easy choice to bring an argument. I can't comment on rose besides saying I think you meant to say Sagat. Oh one final note: You should avoid putting yourself above others by ambiguously name calling everyone who comments. It does wonders for an argument.
First I thought you were trolling and I laughed, then it appeared you were serious and then I started to get worried.

Ryu and Ken might have the same inputs for 3 similar moves; hadouken, shoryuken, and tatsu, but they do not share the same properities (rofl). And yes I mean rose, and sagat works as well.

Try to play ken like you would play ryu in 3s, SF4, MvC2, Alpha, and see how far that gets you when you play against competent opponents. You'll get destroyed. SF isn't all about special moves, but rather those special moves compliments their normal moves.

The tl;dr version. SF might have the same input for similar moves, but it does not make the characters play remotely similar and saying so is as ignorant as saying MK has no depth.

There are definitely crossups in this game. What the MK hater is taking about is ambiguous crossups which do not exist in MK. When someone jumps over you there is no question which way you need to block. So he is somewhat correct. However in MK if you allow your opp to cross you up you give them the advantage and you have to guess if the following attack is a high, low, or grab.

This guy lacks fundamental knowledge about the game so he isn't aware of the level of mixups. Scorpion is a great example of a high risk/high reward character with lots of different kinds of mixups, some safe, some unsafe.

Its really pointless to try to explain all this to someone who won't even try to learn the game.

Nothing wrong with making comparisons as long as people have adequate knowledge about the games they are talking about. Problem is most people don't lol!

grandabx

The Flameater
yes games like sf, blazb, mvc and Aheart have more depth than mk9. that doesn't mean it's not tourney-worthy. that doesn't mean it can't be improved on. here are some things I think would help:
1.more command normal attacks(especially in the air).
2.command grabs being unblockable/teched out of.
3.a limited way to negate block damage when stamina is really low.
4.different normals for each stance.
5.a more strategic function for x-rays like mini x-rays that damages a specific limb. making it slower and weaker(3 levels of damage) for normals and specials that use that limb.
6.remove generic air attacks. upper and sweep are fine.
7.remove dial combos and add links(commands into commands).

Sabin

Elder God
98% of the people comparing games arent good enough to even analyze both games at a high enough level to even form an argument anyway. pointless imo.