What's new

MK9: Unofficial Tier List Speculation, and/or Character Shenanigans Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoGE

Noob
Hmm.. ;)

You guys seriously don't think Reptile will be near top? Force balls! Invisibility! :)

Reptiles forceball looks like his MK2 version's where it comes out pretty slow, I think he'll just eat a combo during the start up frames, hopefully not. Invisibility DOES help though, its one of the things that kept him from being crap tier in MKA. My guess? Reptile will probably be at least mid.

Edit- Now from seeing MKast, it looks much faster, nvm.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
fixed

Godlike Broken Tier. Dan Hibiki
1. UMK3
2. ST
3. 3s
4. Scorpion
5. Cyrax
6. Kung Lao
7. Nightwolf
8. Sektor
9. Cage
10. Sub-Zero
Fixed :)

And Reptile doesn't look as strong as everyone else. Though he does basically have some fast punishers, and his sweep looks like it could end up being super good if it does go over lows. If what they said about Reptile's invisibility giving him boosted damage then yeah, I think he'll be about mid or higher...but not top.

RoGE

Noob
Hmm... Maybe EX invisibility is the one that ups his damage? I certainly can't see what else they would do with the ex version other than make it last longer some how.

This all depends on the meter gaining factor.

what do you guys think about the new block cancel and dash cancel for mk9? i have not idea how the block cancel thing will work

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
what do you guys think about the new block cancel and dash cancel for mk9? i have not idea how the block cancel thing will work
Everything I've seen so far as been something that is in SSF4. This may not be so much different from FADC.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh, similar in some respects but implemented totally differently(as it should) it is a different game afterall, aside from the blood, gore etc.

X-ray attacks for example, not only are apart of the core gameplay but look freaking awesome.

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
My picks for top five would be Ermac, Raiden, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, and Cyrax, in no particular order. Sub-Zero is going to be the turtle king of this game, he has so many defensive options.

MKF30

I think

Kung Lao
Ermac
Raiden
NW
Cyrax

Sub is good if you're a defensive player but IMO he lacks offensive tactics and his clone I've noticed can be broken by certain moves properties like Ermac's teleport for example....I was near people trying to clone me and as soon as I teleport it breaks. Sub's enhanced ground freeze is sick though.

oZii

Noob
I guess this should go in here in your opinion what determines how strong a character is. From what I see so far characters with a good mix up game seem to be the strongest at the moment. Example of the other side is Ermac. Not a strong mix/poke game but he deals or can deal so much damage from just one Tks that he is at least mid tier. I can't say I out him at top for that aspect. I think noob has a better mix game than Ermac.

Right now I'll go for my tier list as.

Kung Lao
Sonya
Liu Kang
Raiden
Smoke
Nightwolf
Johnny cage
Scorpion

NuSix3

Boob
The reason I said unofficial is because there is no real way to get a real idea of a characters tier position, unless we actually get our hands on it. However, we can definitely talk about what we have seen so far, what looks good, and why we place the current characters above or below each other.

I wont write a tier list yet, but I will write about the one character that stands out the most to me, and thats Cyrax.

Cyrax -

He has this move where he crouches down and hits either close opponents, or jumping opponents. This move can go straight into an X-Ray, and is looking very good in the AA department.

His net hits both ground and AA, and I don't really have to get into any more details over why its ownage.

Cartwheel has insane recovery. It reminds me of catwomans, so I really want to get my hands on it and test it already.

Teleport is god-like! On MK:Armageddon it was ass, but I think they made up for it this time.

Grab! He has his original UMK3 grab move back, but from what im seeing, it seems to almost work like blankas jump over move. I think this is a possible (High-Level-Play Shenanigan!); knock an opponent down > Jump over > Net/grab/jab+X-Ray, or Knock an opponent down > Releace a bomb > Jump over > Net/PopUp-Bomb+X-Ray!

Shenanigans I tell ya! CYRAX HAS THEM!

If you want to talk about a character in detail, or even create a tier-list speculation for yourself, go right ahead. I would love to hear what you guys think of each character so far. :top:
I've bit my tongue in just about every discussion about how fuckin' broke I think Cyrax is, glad someone else sees him as god tier too.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
As a Noob main, I personally think that he'll be mid tier at best, maybe higher mid, but I feel that Ermac, Smoke, Kung Lao, Scorpion and Reptile are definitely the best characters in the game right now, but it's too early to tell.

babalook

Noob
kitana her fans give tons of meter on block so she can build from far away, only character that can to practical 50%+ combos without any meter, and her d1 is the stupidest shit ive seen.

MKF30

I guess this should go in here in your opinion what determines how strong a character is. From what I see so far characters with a good mix up game seem to be the strongest at the moment. Example of the other side is Ermac. Not a strong mix/poke game but he deals or can deal so much damage from just one Tks that he is at least mid tier. I can't say I out him at top for that aspect. I think noob has a better mix game than Ermac.

Right now I'll go for my tier list as.

Kung Lao
Sonya
Liu Kang
Raiden
Smoke
Nightwolf
Johnny cage
Scorpion
I definitely don't think Ermac is mid tier, but higher....he does lack in some things with pokes and 50/50 game up close but, I have to say Ermac has far better and more damaging combos compared to Noob. One blocked Noob teleport and Ermac can do 30-40% easy, more with an X-ray. I'm only speaking of course from my own experience online so far, since Ermac seems to get Smoke, Noob and Scorpion I've noticed a lot lol

I don't think Sonya and Liu Kang are THAT great, Liu Kang is good but up close he's really a threat. I think he's easier to deal with the Kung Lao and Sonya doesn't scare me remotely.

Sektor is underrated imo

Cyrax is very, very good but not sure I'd put him in "god like" state, his teleport while uber fast can be punished with a well timed uppercut.

Raiden is definitely up there, his teleport game is one of the best in the game for escaping trouble and countering.

Kitana, Sindel and Kabal are GREAT for turtling with projectiles

Lastly, maybe it's just me but I think Kung Lao is a little too fast imo, his punches seem faster then everyone elses....

Tim Static

Adminerator
I hope Kung isn't nerfed to appease online crybabies.
no no, that wasnt what i meant. online doesnt matter, so fuckin who cares who's broken online. i think its funny he is just even better with the slightest lag and delay lol.

but i do think he'll prove to be somewhat broken and nerfed, just not so hard he drops down the list dramatically.

MKF30

Yeah, Kung Lao you have to be very careful fighting lol. You can't rush him with his spin....I try to zone fighting him, Ermac and Raiden are great counters. He is wide open for attack if you can anticipate his teleport, jump then immediately counter. He does seem faster then everyone else though so if he got nerfed I wouldn't complain.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah, Kung Lao you have to be very careful fighting lol. You can't rush him with his spin....I try to zone fighting him, Ermac and Raiden are great counters. He is wide open for attack if you can anticipate his teleport, jump then immediately counter. He does seem faster then everyone else though so if he got nerfed I wouldn't complain.
How is Kung Lao threatening exactly? My brother has been using Kung so far and none of his strategies are working on me so can you tell me what strategies/combos Kung can use?

MKF30

I'd have to play your brother honestly, there's not many Kung Lao players so far online at least but so far the few I've played were pretty good. One guy was very good with him, he wasn't teleporting often and had a solid keep away game. Thing is like I said, if you constantly rush him down you'll eat his wake up spins and the fact that he can easily juggle you into his x-ray with the spins he can do so very fast. And you can't really jump against him because his dart kick is ridiculously fast and can easily snuff you out. I don't know how your brother plays, if he uses him to full potential. But just going by the online matches I've played so far and watching high level vids of people using him on the west coast krayzie bone vids.

I'm not saying kill him totally, but if they should nerf him I can understand lol. I also don't know who you use and how good you and your brother are so that's kind of hard to judge on that. Obviously so far I'm only going by online and none of my friends use him offline, but if he's that good online with delay then he's obviously even better offline lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.