• Total voters

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't think kabal deserves his own tier, and neither should all of you :>

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Maybe so, but I think he is fine right there, mid tier at most. I was just making a even list for high, mid, and low tier. Can't put everyone mid unfortunately.
No way is Scorpion higher on the tier list. He has weak footsies and is only rewarded by making risky guesses. Shang has more to work with. Same with Noob. While he may beat Shang in the MU, he does not have the tools to compete with most of the cast, which is something that Flawed would probably agree with. Kang also suffers from having so so footises and a decent zoning game.

No way is Scorpion higher on the tier list. He has weak footsies and is only rewarded by making risky guesses. Shang has more to work with. Same with Noob. While he may beat Shang in the MU, he does not have the tools to compete with most of the cast, which is something that Flawed would probably agree with. Kang also suffers from having so so footises and a decent zoning game.
You have not fought a scorp like mine apparently, don't have to play crazy with him to win. Liu definitely got the edge in more matches than Shang without a doubt, and I know ppl agree with that. Noob is very underrated, and players like Maxter would tell you that. Shang has no wakeups, upskull pressure not hard to get out of either. Shang way easier to get on and stay on as well. With this being said, I know he isn't that great at all. That is why I would put him low, or mid at the highest. But screw tier list anyways, they are just an opinion war waiting to happen. Also the list I made isn't even serious lol I just made it for fun. Tbh, I would put a few high, most mid, and the bottom would be Kano and sheeva only cuz they are really bad.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Yes. I think Raiden is a top tier character despite the nerfs. Don't really want to get into a huge debate now but I'll just say he has one of the best moves in the game, great whiff punisher, good damage, great turtle, cannot be zoned, creates crazy mind games thus giving him the advantage before the match even starts. Hard to play with at the highest level and that's ultimately the problem. He's still one of the best imo.
As much as I would like to agree, no. Raiden pretty much has no offensive game, and his footsies/ mind games while still good are not what they used to be. Still viable? Absolutely. Top tier? No, not anymore.

NKZero

Noob
As much as I would like to agree, no. Raiden pretty much has no offensive game, and his footsies/ mind games while still good are not what they used to be. Still viable? Absolutely. Top tier? No, not anymore.
Well I didn't trust you'd believe me so check out UsedForGlue's Raiden video and he explains what's so good about him. It's abstract. On the surface he doesn't have the tools to seemingly compete with the likes of Kenshi, Sonya, Kabal, Lao etc. but you'll find that what he has still puts him up there. If we had old Raiden in todays game he'd at least be the second best character in the game. I know he took big nerfs but still....

I started playing Kabal long ago because i thought it was cool, because of the nomad dash cancel thing and how Kabal is not easy to use. Now Kabal is not that fun when everyone online are bitching about it. If i win they are like what ever he used Kabal, but if i lose they start taunting then spam in the Chatroom. I started playing Kabal to enjoy it and will enjoy it more if Kabal gets nerfed. And to be honest Kabal is not that good if you play online.

exyle

Noob
S+ - Kabal
S - Kenshi, Sonya, KL, Freddy, Cage, Jax
A+ - Kitana, Smoke, Skarlet, Sektor, Reptile, Cyrax
A- Raiden, Rain, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Shang, Ermac, Mileena, Quan Chi
B - Sindel, CSZ, Stryker, NW, Jade, Noob
C - Scorpion, Baraka, Kano, Sheeva
The best part about this tier list is that top 3 tiers cover the most popular tournament characters.
(And I agree with you that Skarlet will be popular soon.)

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Well I didn't trust you'd believe me so check out UsedForGlue's Raiden video and he explains what's so good about him. It's abstract. On the surface he doesn't have the tools to seemingly compete with the likes of Kenshi, Sonya, Kabal, Lao etc. but you'll find that what he has still puts him up there. If we had old Raiden in todays game he'd at least be the second best character in the game. I know he took big nerfs but still....
Yes I saw Used For Glues video, Raiden is my main I keep up with everything on him. Heres the thing though, when you're playing Raiden at a high level you cannot make mistakes. You have to pretty much play flawlessly to win because he has no bullshit to fall back on like the top characters of this game do. Hes better than most people now a days give him credit for sure but he is not top tier.

NKZero

Noob
Yes I saw Used For Glues video, Raiden is my main I keep up with everything on him. Heres the thing though, when you're playing Raiden at a high level you cannot make mistakes. You have to pretty much play flawlessly to win because he has no bullshit to fall back on like the top characters of this game do. Hes better than most people now a days give him credit for sure but he is not top tier.
Well that's my point you have to be on top of your game to win with him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right tools to be near the top. Anyways I cannot say you are wrong because more people would agree with you than with me. This is just how I see it. I still think top 4/5. He has a very good match-up chart as well. 2 bad match-ups? That should speak for itself.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Well that's my point you have to be on top of your game to win with him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right tools to be near the top. Anyways I cannot say you are wrong because more people would agree with you than with me. This is just how I see it. I still think top 4/5. He has a very good match-up chart as well. 2 bad match-ups? That should speak for itself.
Im gonna sum it up with a recent Tom Brady Analogy. In the pond that is MK9 Raiden is an average sized shark like a mako or something. Very respectable, pretty high up on the food chain. His only real problem; there are Great Whites in this pond.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The best part about this tier list is that top 3 tiers cover the most popular tournament characters.
Freddy isn't popular.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Freddy isn't popular.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I didn't even know why Freddy is in this game. I could think of a lot dlc characters that make more sense than he does.