What's new

MK9 Tier List Application

Hello guys! Inspired by REO 's pictorial Tier List chart, I made a MK9 Tier List Application, written in java, so that anyone can make his pictorial Tier List. You will need the latest Java Runtime Environment(link below) to run it. I have also included a mini Manual inside the application's Menu but for every question you have about how it works or to report a bug or a malfunction or for a suggestion just post here or PM me! Tell me what you guys think! :)

PS: The application is available in two different sizes, 1200x800 and 1000x700. Choose the one that fits you the best.

DOWNLOAD Application version 1.0
DOWNLOAD Application version 2.0
DOWNLOAD Latest JRE
Bad ass Kibaris.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Kibaris

Noob
Thanks guys, I've just uploaded the new version 2.1 with some minor changes and I also added the compact version of it which has more spaces on the tier list side! ;) Tell me what you think and don't forget to read the manual section in the help menu! :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thanks guys, I've just uploaded the new version 2.1 with some minor changes and I also added the compact version of it which has more spaces on the tier list side! ;) Tell me what you think and don't forget to read the manual section in the help menu! :)
link isnt clickable

Kibaris

Noob
Nice work. As a fellow software developer I approve.
Too bad that java has so many flaws and bugs, else I could make the drag icons appear on the screen while u drag them with ease... Now I have to make some crazy stuff in order to achieve it! :p

Too bad that java has so many flaws and bugs, else I could make the drag icons appear on the screen while u drag them with ease... Now I have to make some crazy stuff in order to achieve it! :p
Yeah I'm not a fan of Java at all, especially with all these 0days being found with Java 7, but it still has its uses though. A rough idea of how to do that is to draw the picture based on the current cursor position as you're dragging it. If it's released over a border, draw it within that border, otherwise the picture just disappears.

Kibaris

Noob
Yeah I'm not a fan of Java at all, especially with all these 0days being found with Java 7, but it still has its uses though. A rough idea of how to do that is to draw the picture based on the current cursor position as you're dragging it. If it's released over a border, draw it within that border, otherwise the picture just disappears.
Yep java is pretty outdated and it is not the best language for that kind of applications.. Yes the general idea is to do it like that because the nested methods do not work as they should...

Yep java is pretty outdated and it is not the best language for that kind of applications.. Yes the general idea is to do it like that because the nested methods do not work as they should...
The feeling of getting something working in software after awhile is one of the best haha. Good luck.

haha! why is quan chi un-tier-able? well the only good reason i can think of, is because he is so ugly! lol!!!
It is because Quantum is neither a rushdown character, nor a zoner, and doesn't look like an appropriate punisher-type to me.....he does not appear to fit into any category of fighter, besides "Meter-Dependent" (to me, at least).

If I had to tier him, Quan Chi would be Tricky Troll-Tier!

Zero 1

Subby Player
I made the characters copied and not moved in case you make a mistake and you want to replace a character. Also in the 2nd version you can delete the character from the list by right clicking on him. And another reason why I keep the characters on their original places is because now if you double click on them a frame data window will appear! If they were removed frame data window wouldn't be possible! :p
You didn't quite understand me. I meant that one could put a character in the list more than once. For example, 3 Kitanas or the whole list completed of one character copied multiple times. Is it possible to make the application not allow to use the character icon if it is already used? Or shouldn't I pay too much attention to this?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
One thing that is just me nitpicking is that it not have the empty boxes when no characters are present. Other than that, this is awesome!

Kibaris

Noob
You didn't quite understand me. I meant that one could put a character in the list more than once. For example, 3 Kitanas or the whole list completed of one character copied multiple times. Is it possible to make the application not allow to use the character icon if it is already used? Or shouldn't I pay too much attention to this?
Oh yes I understood you wrong the first time. It is a nice remark and I will put some time into it; to see if it can be done!

Kibaris

Noob
One thing that is just me nitpicking is that it not have the empty boxes when no characters are present. Other than that, this is awesome!
Hello Konqrr, can you please elaborate a bit more, because I dont quite understand what u mean.