What's new

MK9 PC Revival Thread:

Matix218

Get over here!
[quote"Cossner, post: 1152104, member: 4829"]Maybe if they released the source code.[/quote]
There is probably no chance of them releasing their source code

Sami

Noob
Have started slowly prying open the files using public knowledge and some good C++. DON'T ASK FOR GAME CHANGES I STARTED THIS AN HOUR AGO.

First gem is the censored words list from one of the INI files: http://pastebin.com/5Au3GwD1

edit: next up, fixing the input bug (I kid, I kid)

edit 2: "flogging the bishop" REALLY?!?!

This is a cool idea and all but it just won't happen and everyone is better off enjoying the game we were left with... And I'll be honest, while the game is still horribly balanced, I still love playing for hours and hours. Anyway, a couple of points that I'd like to share with this topic:

• Getting a good sized team of guys together that would be completely dedicated to this project is not possible. People have jobs, families, and life to take care of than a dead game.
  • I'm positive that the team at NRS couldn't touch the game any further, even if they truly wanted to. Why? Because WB owns the franchise now, and are not going to throw their resources at a game that's practically dead in the water and in the past.
I could be wrong and slightly misinformed about a few things on the business side between NRS and WB, but the fact still remains true that releasing an update for any game costs a shit ton of money... and nobody would rather throw money into an old car than a new car.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
This is a cool idea and all but it just won't happen and everyone is better off enjoying the game we were left with... And I'll be honest, while the game is still horribly balanced, I still love playing for hours and hours. Anyway, a couple of points that I'd like to share with this topic:

• Getting a good sized team of guys together that would be completely dedicated to this project is not possible. People have jobs, families, and life to take care of than a dead game.
  • I'm positive that the team at NRS couldn't touch the game any further, even if they truly wanted to. Why? Because WB owns the franchise now, and are not going to throw their resources at a game that's practically dead in the water and in the past.
I could be wrong and slightly misinformed about a few things on the business side between NRS and WB, but the fact still remains true that releasing an update for any game costs a shit ton of money... and nobody would rather throw money into an old car than a new car.
Do you understand the concept of modding? Nobody wants NRS to touch this game, they're done with it. Hell they're already done with Injustice and by the looks of the announcement tomorrow they're moving onto their next cash cow. There is always a group of people who wants to mod games, look at the level of intricacy of mods for games like GTA, Skyrim, Street Fighter (where they pretty much made entire characters re-skinned and added animations). Hell look at Project M, which had v1.0 released in February 7th 2011 and now in December 2013 they have finished the game, added characters, edited frame data, changed rule sets, etc.

The Project M dev team actually found out the source code themselves lmao, they added entire character slots into the game. Sami (thank you btw Sami :) )just linked us to a page that already has people actively modding and breaking the game down, that's proof enough that something to this extent is very possible, not to mention the fact that someone has already re-skinned Scorpion and changed his recovery frames in the video above

Sami

Noob
With respect, that's exactly what mod teams do. It's done as hobby in your spare time, but if there's a few no-lifers who are good at coordination and management then you can still achieve wonders.

MK and IGAU are built on UE3 and there are already tools out for that for ripping apart the packages, viewing/changing models, decompiling UnrealScript, etc. What the mod community needs to work out are all the extra things NRS added (the TweakVars thing being the main culprit as that controls frame data). Once that's mapped out and tools have been made to easily edit the files (going by that thread I linked it's getting there) you're one good team away from some good gameplay tweaks.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
As fast as Scorpions recovery frame is in that video and adding top tier characters like you said that wanted an extra buff. Kabal is already fast enough in the game with his "Infinite" if its still there or ppl still call it that and Kung Lao already be fast too it would be like a wtf. What Im saying is if ppl did Mod the game and put MK9 in tournaments then it wouldnt be allowed obviously, it like NRS is saying "What the f*ck you did to my game?" if you were to take it to tournaments. Might as well make it as M.U.G.E.N just saying.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
What Im saying is if ppl did Mod the game and put MK9 in tournaments then it wouldnt be allowed obviously, it like NRS is saying "What the f*ck you did to my game?" if you were to take it to tournaments.
Like anybody cares what NRS thinks about the game they've stopped caring about without fixing all the bull in it. As long as there's a version of MK9 mod with a big enough fanbase, there will be matches. Not the first game with community made competitive mod existing, not the last either.

That is, assuming job gets done.

I keep asking UncleFestor how to edit the moves but I have yet to get an answer
I don't think I've ever had a msg from you {Or anybody really} Concerning how I modded my Sub-Scorpion

We're still working on a ton of stuff for MKKE (PC)

We plan on creating a real Chameleon Character that can Morph into every character in the game.

I've already hacked up the Main roster to allow Alt costumes for the Costume 01 Characters and extended the amount of usable costumes for them from 27 to 53 {For the Regular Roster only}

All the bosses will also have alt Costumes {With official ones released with the next Patch}

All the stuff I did with Scorpion was through the TweakVars {It was an extremely lengthy process to map out everything} It's a little less work now cause we now have newer tools that spit out a List for the characters {Thanks to @DigitalOverdose} which I can use to narrow down where I want to map.

I'm more than happy to continue to mod MKKE as much as possible and any suggestions you all have I will do my best to make it happen :)

Anyone who wants to lend a hand with modding MKKE just let me know and we can work on some shit together :)