What's new

MK9 PC Petition..

No hope was ever given by NRS that I am aware of. The original petition was from some fans in Poland that realy wanted a pc version. Boon has basically said "Eff dat!" to the idea.
Actually there was some hope given:

Boon says that the Mortal Kombat team may also follow in Street Fighter IV's footsteps and will think about releasing a version of the game for the PC.

"We're definitely considering it," Boon says. "I've thought 'How many fighting game players are PC guys?' Apparently there seems to be a market for that in Europe. Since we're on the Unreal Engine, I guess it's not that much of a change from the console versions." Those plans definitely sound like they're open to change, as publisher Warner Bros. has only announced Mortal Kombat for consoles.

source:
http://kotaku.com/5618460/mortal-kombats-post+launch-balancing-add+on-character--pc-plans

I've seen older petitions for older games, but as we see, there isn't any pc version newer than mk4. That is why I came with an idea for "anti-petition". I don't want to see words like those above anymore knowing that such game will not happen.

btw there was another petition, better written and with more signs: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/MK9onPC/

Sasuga

Noob
Yeah, very doubtful that it will happen. If it does, the online will probably be even shittier.
No, I think if anything, the online will work flawless. It was like that with SF. They don't run over crappy networks like psn or xbl.

Also, what [MENTION=8647]Shadowfire[/MENTION] said :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I signed it a while ago, but I don't think it's coming on PC. It's too late. I think the fans should make a petition for the next MK, it'll have a better chance.
As for the PC gaming, I did buy a PS3 and TV just for MK9, although I played on PC. I dropped the PC games cause they're long. MK is straight up: you begin a match, 90 secs to kick ass, you win! Maybe just preferences...

Justice

Noob
Actually there was some hope given:

Boon says that the Mortal Kombat team may also follow in Street Fighter IV's footsteps and will think about releasing a version of the game for the PC.

"We're definitely considering it," Boon says. "I've thought 'How many fighting game players are PC guys?' Apparently there seems to be a market for that in Europe. Since we're on the Unreal Engine, I guess it's not that much of a change from the console versions." Those plans definitely sound like they're open to change, as publisher Warner Bros. has only announced Mortal Kombat for consoles.

source:
http://kotaku.com/5618460/mortal-kombats-post+launch-balancing-add+on-character--pc-plans
Oh! My information is out-of-date. Thanks for the update :D

As for the PC gaming, I did buy a PS3 and TV just for MK9, although I played on PC. I dropped the PC games cause they're long. MK is straight up: you begin a match, 90 secs to kick ass, you win! Maybe just preferences...
MK9 matches are more like 4 minutes I'd say. Look at SC2 as a good counter-example, matches are usually an intense 15 or so minutes.

I think the PC just doesn't have enough fighting games. It's a pretty bad business decision by the developers considering how many people play fighters exclusively on GGPO/netplay enabled MAME.