What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

Aof

Noob
OK, I know this is a little rude for a newcomer to this forums like me, but I have no other way of knowing.
I live in South America, and since you are saying that the game is region locked... is there a South American region or similar then? Can anyone, if it's not to much of a problem, check if there is anybody to play with in that region?
I don't want to buy the game only to find I can't play with anybody.

AssassiN

Noob
OK, I know this is a little rude for a newcomer to this forums like me, but I have no other way of knowing.
I live in South America, and since you are saying that the game is region locked... is there a South American region or similar then? Can anyone, if it's not to much of a problem, check if there is anybody to play with in that region?
I don't want to buy the game only to find I can't play with anybody.

The game is not really region-locked, there are multiple regions but you can switch between regions.
For example I live in Europe and I'm using the European region for the moment, I can switch to USA East Coast region to play some people there. It depends on the download region you have set-up in Steam.

Noob
that is not exactly true, i am using my dual shock 3 which i was using on my ps3. i just had to emulate it as xbox360 gamepad with program motion joy. its fairly easy, you install driver, then simply check xbox360 gamepad - and emulate.

I realize we can use emulation, but that taxes the PC...even if only very slightly. I'm specifically going though pads and sticks that work natively with the game, without emulation.

That doesn't mean your method doesn't work though...it does, it just requires an extra program to work.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Can you use the Cronus adapter on PC for this? I don't care if I have to use a program I am not using anything other than a ps3 controller for this game lol.

I realize we can use emulation, but that taxes the PC...even if only very slightly. I'm specifically going though pads and sticks that work natively with the game, without emulation.

That doesn't mean your method doesn't work though...it does, it just requires an extra program to work.
i get what u're saying but its really not like that, you simply install driver once (per windows install) and you just have to press emulate button, which is basically "activate" for already installed driver and ps3 joystick dualshock 3 will be recognized as xbox360, then you can close program. You just have to repeat this procedure after each windows reboot. I'm doing this in all games since 2005 or something... but its just me, i wouldn't switch dualshock 3 for anything else.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I played with AssassiN and he's from belgium or finland, I'm in the US. The games were hardly laggy and I could do all my bnbs, except skarlet sometimes, but all my other chars bnbs lol xD.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
But...will I finally realize my dream of playing Nude Jade? I can handle the low tier if she is naked...dat pole...MY pole...

shit i would pick up jade again if i can play nude jade. my boyfriend would sure like to watch me do that lol.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
Anyone know if my hori v3 kai will work off the bat with this game, or will I have to do some shenanigans?

while i haven't used ps3 sticks on a pc i do remember getting ps3 controllers in general to work on a windows pc is a little tricky. you can always just try plugging it in and seeing if windows see its and if you can map buttons to it in mame or something.

No, I wouldn't waste your money.
If the game can't run at 60 FPS at all times, it's a very bad experience playing MK9 on PC.
I've got the same laptop but with an AMD graphics card which are way better than the Intel ones, doesn't run at 60 fps at all times.
Hmm did u try playing in lower then 720p

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
My computer is 4 years old (eons in computer years) and I get 59-60 fps at all times. Any Gaming laptops are really expensive.

BGMD

Noob
so, if match runs in total slowmotion, does that mean that other person is using that stupid 30 fps "fix"?

Aof

Noob
I don't get how people can play good matches with other people from far away. How can you overcome physics?
Ping is a important factor when playing online with people from far away. A ping of 100 ms is very noticeable.
In a fighting game, where each action must be performed with millisecond precision, I don't see how is this possible. As a matter of fact, I can't think of another genre of game where this is more important.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't get how people can play good matches with other people from far away. How can you overcome physics?
Ping is a important factor when playing online with people from far away. A ping of 100 ms is very noticeable.
In a fighting game, where each action must be performed with millisecond precision, I don't see how is this possible. As a matter of fact, I can't think of another genre of game where this is more important.
Maybe some people don't get those dreaded 100 ms ping... I mean, we do understand that online has its drawbacks, but so does offline (like, when you can't arrange a meeting at someone's place, but you can spend some time online - why not?). In the end one can't argue that people do what suits them.

And yes, I can't think of other games that react that badly to latency... Although I remember myself ragequiting AvP matches because of 100+ ping :D