What's new

MK9 Fuzzy Guard?

How exactly do you fuzzy guard? I saw that some characters combos were fuzzy guardable and I just want to know how to do it correctly.

Dark_Rob

Noob
How exactly do you fuzzy guard? I saw that some characters combos were fuzzy guardable and I just want to know how to do it correctly.
Fuzzy guarding is just another word for "blue blocking" or "just frame blocking". Say for example your blocking an opponents 3 hit string that hits high,low, then overhead in quick succession. Assuming you know this you can block high, then block low(if done right on the frame of contact your animation will remain standing but you will still block the low) and then block the overhead all without your character ever visibly changing his block level.

In mixups you can use fuzzy guarding to cover either high,low or overhead options, particularly if 1 option is faster than another. As an example after Scorpion does his teleport vortex setup you can quickly block low if they try to do the low kick into spear, and then block high. If they do the overhead sword move instead you will still block it because it comes out slower than the low kick. so by blocking low, then high quickly, you cover both options. This is of course a basic example and Scorpion players have lots of ways to mix you up right back.