What's new

MK9 console poll

Which console will you be buying MK9 for?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Both

• Total voters
ScheissNussen said:
I honestly would have thought that there would be way more votes for PSN considering the amount of MK2 players that could have voted. But a lot of the MK2 players aren't going to pick MK9 up from what I have seen.

I think everyone should have a 360 for this, you could easily scout a deal for 360 by the time this game is released for around 100$ for the arcade edition, plus you get 3 months of live for free.

There are going to be a ton of PSN players overall, but there are also a ton of inactive UMK3 players that will pick it up and become active again when it is released if it is good.
I really wouldn't see the point in buying a 360 for this if u already have a ps3. I'm sure there will be a large enough proportion of people that buy it for both consoles to not have issues with finding high level games etc.
I actually found with MKvsDC that there appeared to be a larger ps3 community than 360, whether that will be replicated in MK9 we can't know until release. (I played enough on both versions to see that).

Even though there are mixed views on the whole Kratos thing PS3 users still get an extra character to dick about with.

Will the 360 run the game in 3D that has been developed for MK9?

Talking of netplay....do we know if they are planning separated region specific servers like in MKvsDC and MK2? Or are they planning on doing the same as SFIV and allow players to play people from any region? Seems silly to reduce the player pool even more!

I have both but I'm going with the 360. My reasoning has alot to do with the fightstick and UMK3. I'm primarily a UMK3 player, and I've wanted to drop the $$ on a fighstick for sometime. This gives me an excuse to do so and if mk9 doesn't have the longevity of mk2 or umk3 then I can just go back to enjoying umk3 on xbla or mame.

I'm one of the fools that's hoping for the HD Kollection to actually happen in 2011. If it does, I want it on the 360 simply for online play. I don't think one is better than the other necessarily, but it's a matter of keeping things consistent.

Same, I have both as well, however, I'm not exactly sure how the game will play or feel using the TE stick or any stick for that matter. So, I just pre-ordered it for the PS3 cause I know if all else fails I can use my PS3 controller....when I get it back lol.