What's new

MK2 Online Tournament (US/CAN/MEX Only), 6pm MST, Thursday March 7th (COMPLETED)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Fair enough. Maybe compromise and go 8:30 maybe? I don't know. I'm In the Eastern Time zone so that time slot doesn't really bother me, and 8:00 is really pushing it for me to be able to make it on time without risking taking an auto loss
I would say just show up at 830 sharp. We will play all other matches possible until absolutely necessary. In the event you aren't there, you'd be dropped down to Losers bracket (not totally eliminated).

I would say just show up at 830 sharp. We will play all other matches possible until absolutely necessary. In the event you aren't there, you'd be dropped down to Losers bracket (not totally eliminated).
Right. I know it's double elimination, just don't really want to have to start in the losers bracket lol. I'll be there as soon as I can

Reactions: MKB

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
We have 11 locked in with 2 maybes. If you have Fightcade on your machine and you want a piece of this then join the fun! Free to enter, no top tier Mileena mirror nightmare matches, and double elimination.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
We have 11 locked in with 2 maybes. If you have Fightcade on your machine and you want a piece of this then join the fun! Free to enter, no top tier Mileena mirror nightmare matches, and double elimination.
What about Jax mirrors?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Brackets posted

I tried to be as fair as possible in the seedings. I don't think anyone who is currently in the game right now would disagree too much with the way I've done things. Regardless, this tournament is all about fun and reigniting the scene. I think this is a pretty damn good start and given some of the influencers who are out there today, we could easily get back to the way things were pre 2010. Let's see how this goes tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ded
Brackets posted

I tried to be as fair as possible in the seedings. I don't think anyone who is currently in the game right now would disagree too much with the way I've done things. Regardless, this tournament is all about fun and reigniting the scene. I think this is a pretty damn good start and given some of the influencers who are out there today, we could easily get back to the way things were pre 2010. Let's see how this goes tonight.

Let me take this time to (shamelessly) plug CKK's upcoming MK2 event. 12PM on Sunday, April 7, at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati Ohio :D Part of a 7 tournament game, 2 day event!

I'm still going to do my absolute best to be there by no later than 8:30 eastern - can my match be played last out of the first round?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Let me take this time to (shamelessly) plug CKK's upcoming MK2 event. 12PM on Sunday, April 7, at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati Ohio :D Part of a 7 tournament game, 2 day event!

I'm still going to do my absolute best to be there by no later than 8:30 eastern - can my match be played last out of the first round?
We will hold off as long as we possibly can. I'll even have some of the losers bracket play out while we wait for you. But if push comes to shove and you're the last one to go, you'll be knocked to losers.

As the bracket currently stands, your first round opponent is a maybe. If he no shows, I will give the nod to you because he's giving me no indication he's going to be here whatsoever. You would then take a loss in round 2 and dropped to losers.

We will hold off as long as we possibly can. I'll even have some of the losers bracket play out while we wait for you. But if push comes to shove and you're the last one to go, you'll be knocked to losers.

As the bracket currently stands, your first round opponent is a maybe. If he no shows, I will give the nod to you because he's giving me no indication he's going to be here whatsoever. You would then take a loss in round 2 and dropped to losers.
Thanks man. I appreciate you looking out

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Final Results

1st - mortal_jason
2nd - MKB
3rd - midwesterror
4th - senzotanaka
5th - Yurgen2001
5th - CharnelGround
7th - testfightcade
7th - JasonTheHitman
9th - tehdrewsus
9th - nocturne312
9th - 6dark6night6
12th - healcaster
12th - DeadHolyCow
-------------------------------------
DNP - MikeMetroid
DNP - TheLizard
DNP - IdEatBellSprout

Congrats to Jason on a great victory. I think he lost 2 matches in total and I'm happy I was able to claim one of them. The final result was a foregone conclusion, but everyone enjoyed the format. I'm pleased with my placement. I've re-established myself as a top player in the tournament scene after 10 years in hibernation. You can leave MK, but it never leaves you!

Thanks to all who came out to play and congrats to the top players especially for some awesome matches.

Last edited:
Final Results

1st - mortal_jason
2nd - MKB
3rd - midwesterror
4th - senzotanaka
5th - Yurgen2001
5th - CharnelGround
7th - testfightcade
7th - JasonTheHitman
9th - tehdrewsus
9th - nocturne312
9th - 6dark6night6
12th - healcaster
12th - DeadHolyCow
-------------------------------------
DNP - MikeMetroid
DNP - TheLizard
DNP - IdEatBellSprout

Congrats to Jason on a great victory. I think he lost 3 matches in total and I'm happy I was able to claim one of them. The final result was a foregone conclusion, but everyone enjoyed the format. I'm pleased with my placement. I've re-established myself as a top player in the tournament scene after 10 years in hibernation. You can leave MK, but it never leaves you!

Thanks to all who came out to play and congrats to the top players especially for some awesome matches.

Thanks for doing this - although I was DQ'ed from my match with Jason due to "time", I played him anyway prior to playing my match with Charnel, and surprisingly won a match off him.

Would love to see some of you guys test your mettle offline at CKK in April! We always welcome players of all skill levels - having some more high level players never hurts either!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If I lived anywhere remotely close to Ohio I'd consider coming out there. In any event, the feedback from this tournament was very good and we will look to run another one in the next month or two. Stay tuned.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament was fun, would play again...MKB gave me the business, twice! Earned the number 2 slot.
hey Midwest, welcome to the fray! Wish we had you around back in the day, you woulda fit right in and bashed most of the regulars pretty good too. Great to find another top level player out there! Top 3 is always a great finish in a tournament.

hey Midwest, welcome to the fray! Wish we had you around back in the day, you woulda fit right in and bashed most of the regulars pretty good too. Great to find another top level player out there! Top 3 is always a great finish in a tournament.
Yeah I only recently got into playing online about two years ago, otherwise it was just only on a cabinet against friends my whole life.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Glad that you got a decent amount of entrants and you ran this @MKB! Amazing stuff and congrats on the 2nd place!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
As a heads up, if anyone out there wants to stay in touch for tournament reminders or MK2 in general, feel free to drop your Discord information here or you can send me a PM.