What's new

MK2 Online Tournament (US/CAN/MEX Only), 400pm Pacific, Thursday May 9th

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Back by popular demand, we are running it back one more time! Same format, day, and time. If you enjoy competitive MK2, regardless of your skill level, get in here now while you have the opportunity! I also have a Discord server setup for easier and faster communication among members of the MK2 community. If you want in on that, send me a DM here.

DATE: Thursday, May 9th, 2024
TIME: 400pm Pacific (830pm Eastern)

Reminder.... the tournament begins at...
7pm Eastern time
6pm Central time
5pm Mountain time
4pm Pacific time

BRACKET
Will be posted when signups close

Please note—this is a Fightcade tournament open to North Americans only. Due to high ping, you will not be permitted to enter if you do not reside in the US, Canada, or Mexico.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT

This is going to be a 4 on 4 Survivor Series style elimination match. Each player creates a team of 4 characters. They can choose one character apiece from the different tier lists.
  • Top tier - Liu Kang, Mileena, Jax
  • High Mid - Kung Lao, Kitana, Shang
  • Low Mid - Raiden, Scorpion, Baraka
  • Low - Cage, Sub Zero, Reptile
From there, the players start with their lowest-tiered character. If they lose, they are forced to move up to the next tier level. The match ends when the entire team is knocked out.
  • You may switch between characters within the same tier level as long as you continue to win matches.
  • You can create an entirely new team when facing a different opponent.
  • Morphing into top tier as Shang Tsung is prohibited.
GENERAL RULES
  • Double elimination
  • All participants must access Fightcade or the MK2 Outer Haven Discord server for bracket information.
  • If the connection breaks, both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious, like breaking right before a victory, then report the match for investigation.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you cannot enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10-minute grace period to show up in the Fightcade chat room at the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by then, they will be sent to the Losers bracket or DQd, depending on where they are in the tournament.
  • Voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match (except for a one-time lag exception), any suspicious activity (impersonation), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification.
  • If you use Shang Tsung and accidentally morph into top tier, you forfeit that particular ROUND. If a top-tier morph happens again at any time throughout the tournament, Shang Tsung is declared dead, and the player must move to the next tier level.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, you forfeit the entire match.
PLAYER LIST
  1. Mortal Jason
  2. Midwest
  3. Senzo
  4. Yurgen2001*
  5. Charnel Ground
  6. JasonHitman
  7. LordRaiden
  8. MrFx
  9. Testfightcade*
  10. MikeMetroid
  11. Nocturne312
  12. Daryl Tsung
  13. HealCaster
  14. Deadholycow
  15. 6dark6night6
  16. IdEatBellSprout

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Ooh snap!
Man if I had known about this sooner I would have asked to help commentate lol!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ooh snap!
Man if I had known about this sooner I would have asked to help commentate lol!
Would you like invited to the discord? I post everything over there first. If so, send me a message over there MKillBill

BanTheTesters

Would you like invited to the discord? I post everything over there first. If so, send me a message over there MKillBill
I might like that!!

do you know if you all will be having another tourny? I’m swamped with work/media stuff this week but if I had advance notice I’d love to help do commentary for you all sometime!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I might like that!!

do you know if you all will be having another tourny? I’m swamped with work/media stuff this week but if I had advance notice I’d love to help do commentary for you all sometime!
Ideally I would like to do these tournaments every one to two months. So yes, we will definitely be having future events Beyond this one. Your services would definitely be welcome!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
By the way in case anyone is curious as to why I'm not participating in the matches, I will be traveling on business and I can't run fightcade off a work laptop for obvious reasons. I'll just be running the brackets and making sure everything is going smoothly.

BanTheTesters

Ideally I would like to do these tournaments every one to two months. So yes, we will definitely be having future events Beyond this one. Your services would definitely be welcome!
Sounds good man.
And this is via fightcade 2?

Reactions: MKB