What's new

Video/Tutorial MK2: Crouching buffers and instant airs using only the dpad

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Nice concept on the video. I might suggest re-recording with better lighting as it's a little tough to see the buttons and d-pad in the dark.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I know this is old news to most, but some people either don't understand it or they just don't believe this stuff can be done without combining the analog with the dpad. Hopefully this helps.
Awesome video. Now we won't have to hear any more bullshit about analogs being cheating, because you proved that this is possible without them. And also possible on the arcade. You'll notice that the people who call it cheating, are those who haven't learned how to do instant moves.

Yeah I always laugh when someone like Zippy says I need analogs to beat him. It is actually easier to beat him WITHOUT analogs, because I have to maneuver my fingers into such crazy positions to pull them off. Also, according to his latest video, he has learned analogs himself, so now he probably won't call it cheating LOL.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Nice concept on the video. I might suggest re-recording with better lighting as it's a little tough to see the buttons and d-pad in the dark.
Well we can't see the controller as well as we might, but we can clearly see that he isn't using analogs to pull them off, which is all we need to :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Awesome video. Now we won't have to hear any more bullshit about analogs being cheating, because you proved that this is possible without them. And also possible on the arcade. You'll notice that the people who call it cheating, are those who haven't learned how to do instant moves.

Yeah I always laugh when someone like Zippy says I need analogs to beat him. It is actually easier to beat him WITHOUT analogs, because I have to maneuver my fingers into such crazy positions to pull them off. Also, according to his latest video, he has learned analogs himself, so now he probably won't call it cheating LOL.
Zippy = Troll. Just trying to get under your skin. He might be a child of the corn, but he knows what he is doing in that regard.

Yea the lighting wasn't very good. Thanks for your suggestion.
Actually I think YouTube has recently made it easier to edit videos without reuploading. There might be a filter in the video manager where you can change the lighting right there on the site.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Zippy = Troll. Just trying to get under your skin. He might be a child of the corn, but he knows what he is doing.
Very true. Since he won't post the matches from yesterday of me destroying him, including a babality, I pulled my camera out and recorded some vids vs people who are most likely him on alts. I put them up titled as his precious RockyRose getting thrashed.

Karma's a bitch, and when you are the biggest troll in the MK2 universe, mortal_jason gonna get you back ;)

MIKECALDWELL

Don't tag me about MK2 unless it's an offline tournament. PM me if you have anything else to say about MK2 in general. I've grown more and more bored with all of my online games. Offline tournaments are the next logical step for me. 3000+pp on AE was always a goal, and I achieved that. Once you beat 3000+pp Cammy's and Seth's with Dee Jay then the only thing that will give you the next challenge is offline competition. I don't care if I get blown up offline. I have to know.
Quit being so insecure. This video had nothing to do with whether or not I can beat you. I just wanted to show you and others that this stuff could be done without the analog sticks. Btw, this is offline too.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I played skywalkersorin under my alt last night. he said nice things until he found out I was mortal_jason. then he called me a cheater and said he "took back all the nice things" he had said etc.

So I told him "MIKECALDWELL posted a video on testyourmight.com today just for you to prove that instant moves aren't cheating".
But it was kind of like talking to a brick wall, and he kept calling me a cheat.
Coz you know when you can't beat someone in MK2, they MUST be cheating! LOL
I'm amazed at how video games sometimes can make grown men act like 4 year olds.