What's new

MK2 Arcade Speedrun, need some advices.

I am planning an MK2 Arcade Speedrun, the target is to beat the game as fast as possible on Very Hard, Flawless Victorys are not necessary, the time is vital, a Flawless Victory Run would be a Superplay which is a different thing.

As far as I tested some stuff the fastest way is to do the jump backward pattern with Jax and then Jumpkick into Backbreaker and repeat it 2 times, if the CPU just walk straight forward at the beginn of the round the roundtime is like 87-86 most of the time.

With Johnny Cage you can also you do jumpbackward pattern and the deathpunch into Flashkick 2 times, or against some enemys (Ninjas, Liu Kang) Eggpunch, Upwardkick, Flashkick 2 times but I think Jax is faster.

My major problem is to beat Kintaro fast with Jax, I have no fast tactics against him.

Has anyone some advices for the Run?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
when i play jax vs motaro, whenever i catch him with GP's, after the last hit, he fireballs, then i jump and GP's and repeat. hope that helps

ded

Elder God
scorpion can be good for time attacks too, there is no faster way to beat kintaro except the jk start unless you are kitana

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
A speed run of MK2 would be cool. A speed run of MK3 would be a blast to watch.