What's new

MK11 - NRS has given you everything to win in life no more complainings

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm definitely digging the variation system this time around. I know I made a thread that listed all the cons of variations, but I think this will be really cool from what they showed with Kabal in the stream.

Now gimme Cassie so I can prepare mentally and physically.

Making them unsafe or super slow to regen so you can only really attempt 2 in a single round (maybe 3 if you pop it super early) both seem like good ideas.

The thing is dosen't a number of games have this same idea? Like Tekken and SoulCal and the strretfighter supers? How exactly is it diffrent?
Old Kof games basically had a system like fatal blow where a player would have unlimited super moves when on their last 20%. This was with no delay... At all. At low life you could just spam back to back supers with no limit. But it worked fine, most players just got good at dodging plus supers had no invincibility or armor. So, fatal blow probably won't be as OP as some people think especially since they have no immediate armor on start up. Just my opinion, have not played the game yet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We saw at the reveal that the move list has them, but are you saying the game will now calculate them so it's actually accurate? Or just like inj2 and MKX and IGAU where we can't really trust the numbers we see?
In training mode there is an option to turn it on, we don't exactly what it does but definitely not related to movelist data display.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Old Kof games basically had a system like fatal blow where a player would have unlimited super moves when on their last 20%. This was with no delay... At all. At low life you could just spam back to back supers with no limit. But it worked fine, most players just got good at dodging plus supers had no invincibility or armor. So, fatal blow probably won't be as OP as some people think especially since they have no immediate armor on start up. Just my opinion, have not played the game yet.
Yes but KOF supers are all attached to complicated commands, which can even affect the movement and you can get hit while trying to execute it.

MK Fatal Blows input time its exactly 1 frame, and the rest is just startup of the move which subsequently gains armor right after.

This is the biggest difference and i think its a big deal, Tekken IMO approaches more to Fatal Blows but its more unsafe, Fatal Blows are like everyone has Hwoarang's Rage Art but instead the rage won't go away post use.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm very happy with the changes we asked for for years now. It's true. People will get exposed and lab time will be a assist to advance in your battles. NRS does listen and for the most part I'm happy.

I still wish we had a hitbox shader or outlines though especially with the various different ranges each character has.

Too tell the truth I think NRS has a few more things to reveal when it comes to training mode and other tools to help people level up.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't understand why people are people are trying to be know-it-alls about Fatal Blows at this point. Yes it's likely that the basis of them were inspired by Tekken 7 Rage Arts/SF4 Ultras, but they have at least 1 opportunity per round to be used, once you cash in with a Fatal Blow on hit at any point, that's it for the entire game.

16 Bit even confirmed that frame data is far from finalized on the Kombat Kast yesterday so we don't know to what degree they will be 'safe'.

Kabal is mkx allover again. I do not like that.
What does this even mean?

Wigy

There it is...
you must be watching different videos. There's been plenty of combos in the ones that i've seen.
The only characters I've seen with a decent juggle is skarlet it just seems to be launch into straight finisher with the lack of movement and b3

Maybe just early days but the developer said on stream the combos are shorter as well

kof ultras are done as hitconfirms/ combo finishers afaik

sf4 ultras had startup animation so you coud not use them randomly or naked.
they also had massive recovery.

i wont say anything about fb yet, i need to wait until the final game is out ;D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm very happy with the changes we asked for for years now. It's true. People will get exposed and lab time will be a assist to advance in your battles. NRS does listen and for the most part I'm happy.

I still wish we had a hitbox shader or outlines though especially with the various different ranges each character has.

Too tell the truth I think NRS has a few more things to reveal when it comes to training mode and other tools to help people level up.
Just knowing the options are there makes me a lot more optimistic to lab a lot more.
Imagine the shit ppl will come up with.
Like creating an AI that emulates Sonic Fox gameplay and fight against it constantly.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The ONLY thing I'd add is a ranking system online!

I have tons of friends that start playing NRS fighters and love them dearly, but they wouldn't dare go online because they just get absolutely smoked by people like us that are at another level.

The most important thing a fighting game player needs to improve is practice against a real opponent at their level or someone reasonably above their level.

I think the ranking system online is literally the only reason I play games like Tekken 7 honestly. The act of ranking up just feels rewarding.

============================

MK11 is looking to be a masterpiece in the competitive scene though, the fact that this is my only "concern" before the game comes out is just fucking exciting tbh.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Noob
The ONLY thing I'd add is a ranking system online!

I have tons of friends that start playing NRS fighters and love them dearly, but they wouldn't dare go online because they just get absolutely smoked by people like us that are at another level.

The most important thing a fighting game player needs to improve is practice against a real opponent at their level or reasonably above their level.

I think the ranking system online is literally the only reason I play games like Tekken 7 honestly. The act of ranking up just feels rewarding.

============================

MK11 is looking to be a masterpiece in the competitive scene though, the fact that this is my only "concern" before the game comes out is just fucking exciting tbh.
I completely agree with this. It's odd that I play so many fighters and never really noticed its absence in MK lol. But I also switch around the roster like a noob so much I don't hang out in Ranked. I probably would if there were actual rankings.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Just knowing the options are there makes me a lot more optimistic to lab a lot more.
Imagine the shit ppl will come up with.
Like creating an AI that emulates Sonic Fox gameplay and fight against it constantly.
Man... Just Imagine what SonicFox is going to come up with now....!

To me that's mind-blowing. As well.