What's new

Mk10 returning cast

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
It would be foolish not to include these three women. Sareena should most def. be in the game (she was in the background in MK9, has ties to both Subzero and Quan Chi) but it would make even more sense to include Kia and Jatakka. First off, they were introduced to us in MK: Mythologies Subzero and then never heard of again. It'd be nice to revisit them as playable characters PLUS they would technically be two new fighters (because they have never been playable and virtually never mentioned again after Mythologies).
Yeah, lets also add dinosaur riders from the bridge of immortality. Lets also add a giant rock man because he has never been playable since then.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yeah, lets also add dinosaur riders from the bridge of immortality. Lets also add a giant rock man because he has never been playable since then.
Lol...clearly you are confused. Sareena, Kia, and Jatakka have a small cult following and many have voiced interest in them. Not too mention they work for Quan Chi and would fit right along with MK4's timeline...it's not nearly as random to want them included in the roster as you are making it seem...

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Lol...clearly you are confused. Sareena, Kia, and Jatakka have a small cult following and many have voiced interest in them. Not too mention they work for Quan Chi and would fit right along with MK4's timeline...it's not nearly as random to want them included in the roster as you are making it seem...
Those are garbage. I'm OK with Sareena, but the other two are cannon fodder and nothing more. Even the red guards of Quan Chi's prison would be better.

Roachthroat

I WILL SHOW YOU WAR - Black Adam
What I'm saying is that they just need to make the same scenario than injustice to make all dead character back to life.
But DC is always fuckin' around with the multiverse theory as far as we know mk just has 2 alternate timelines

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Those are garbage. I'm OK with Sareena, but the other two are cannon fodder and nothing more. Even the red guards of Quan Chi's prison would be better.
Sareena would also be garbage if she wasn't a playable character at any point of the story.

Kia & Jataaka are equally awesome as Sareena is, and aren't just Random characters, they work for freaking Quan Chi, there is no way those red guards are better choice than these two. Please do give these two a chance, as Sareena was also given.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Sareena would also be garbage if she wasn't a playable character at any point of the story.

Kia & Jataaka are equally awesome as Sareena is, and aren't just Random characters, they work for freaking Quan Chi, there is no way those red guards are better choice than these two. Please do give these two a chance, as Sareena was also given.
Sareena is OK only because she actually has a bit of story with Sub-Zero. Those two do not, and in almost no way they are any different than Sareena. So what if they work for Quan Chi ? In MKMS, but after that ? NOWHERE !

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Long post ahead, but I think the following characters are the ones who should be in the vanilla version of the next MK game.
Off the bat, all the characters that died in MK9 should stay dead. Maybe (as someone else suggested) those who died could come back as DLC, or in some other title update type thing, but overall I think the Story should revolve around the following characters. Assuming that the next game will only go through the MK4 story and maybe dip into the MKDA timeline, this is how I see it...
  1. Johnny Cage - I hope that we finally get to see the "serious" Johnny Cage. In MKA we saw Cage get serious because Kang was dead, and Raiden was missing, but now in the aftermath of MK9, this could be a way to get Cage to make that jump early. We could see Cage take his role as an Earth defender seriously, and have Raiden in his corner mentoring him.
  2. Sonya - I want her to become a General in the Special Forces (SF), and be appointed the leader of the OIA. With Jax gone, she should be even more distant and angry at the world, but like in the OG timeline, they should bring Cyrax and Kenshi into the OIA fold.
  3. Cyrax - He should follow the OG timeline and become a good guy and go to the SF. Make it so the battle with Earth's fighters in the church knocked something loose.
  4. Kenshi – Should follow the same OG story.
  5. Scorpion - He should have the same old story, but at the beginning of this one the truth should be told to him. He should be the wild card of the MKU again and have no allegiance.
  6. Sareena - Bring her back, and she could follow the same story as before, but now that Kuai Liang is dead, she would sort of be a wild card type character. Her story would be that she doesn't want to be on Quan Chi/Shinnok's side, but she can't trust anyone else, and no one can get past the fact that she is a demon of the Netherrealm. Sareena could be the female version of Scorpion, the rouge out for vengeance and redemption...maybe she and Scorpion could end up on the same side?? And it would all be thanks to...
  7. Subzero - I think Kuai Liang should stay dead, but with Bi Han/Noob being defeated by Nightwolf and the Soulnado, and the fact that Nightwolf is a powerful Shaman/Sin Eater, maybe OG Sub can make reappearance. I think things could get REALLY dicey with Bi Han, Scorpion, and Sareena if they do the story right.
  8. Raiden - I'm very partial to Dark Raiden, and they could bring back DR here by having Shinnok Corrupt Raiden somehow. I could imagine DR, Shinnok, and Quan all being on the same side, making a very volatile team with incredible potential power. Fujin could step up and take Raiden's place as the "good" protector of Earthrealm.
  9. Fujin - I really just want to see him again in the game. Bring him back at Raiden's side at the beginning, but when/if Raiden gets corrupted, he steps up against his "brother", and takes on the mantle of Earthrealm's protector. This could be a chance for them to bring in a few of the other Earth Gods as well.
  10. Bo Rai Cho - Raiden should call upon him to train Cage, Sonya, Kai, and the rest of the Earth fighters. With the next story more than likely not going to be a formal tournament, he should fight in the coming battle as well.
  11. Li Mei - It may be too early to early to bring her into the story now, but as an Outworlder she should be pretty old and she may know Bo Rai Cho already. It could work that she is already getting some training from Bo, and that when the call goes out to Bo from Raiden, Bo bring Li Mei to Earth to further her training.
  12. Kai - Bring him back, give him the MK9 treatment, and I think he'll be a great character. Play up the Shaolin angle on him, the fact that he's trained with Liu and other White Lotus members, and he should be a solid character.
  13. Sektor - Bring on the Tekunin!
  14. Kano - He didn't die, so he should come back and still be Sonya's Rival...but he should also be being hunted by Movado of the Red Dragon Clan.
  15. Jarek - If they do bring him back, give him the move set he had in MKA and expand it. Just give him more purpose than being the Kano stand in.
  16. Tremor - HE SHOULD FINALLY BE IN A PROPER MK GAME. I don't have a specific angle that he should take in this story, but he could be a former Lin Kuei who defected to the Black Dragon (BD) clan. How he escaped the Lin Kuei is up in the air (maybe he is just that good), but he, Kano, and Jerek should all rep the BD.
  17. Mileena - She never dies in the alt-timeline, and since she was in MK4 before, she should be in a shoe in for the next game off top. The difference this time though is that she wouldn’t have the same allegiance that she had to Shinnok's side as she did before because Shinnok wouldn't have had to allow her to be resurrected by Kahn. She and Baraka should finally have that "love" thing that they've hinted at since MK2, with her becoming the Queen of the Tarkatan Horde.
  18. Baraka - With Kahn dead, Baraka and Mileena should take the horde and become a stand-alone power in Outworld. I wouldn't mind if they sided with Quan and Shinnok, but I don't think it should be like it was though; I don't want Baraka to be the mindless henchman for evil that he's always been. I think/hope if Baraka has Mileena on his side, he can/should really come into his own and make a true impact on the MKU this time around.
  19. Reiko - He should come back just like he was in MKA, and they should flesh out his story more (that is a given though). He should take over Kahn's army (outside of the Shokan, Tarkatan, and the Centaurs who should defect), and have his own faction of power in the Outworld hierarchy.
  20. Goro - With both Liu and Kung Lao dead, Goro should feel as though he can never get his honor back, and with Kahn and Shang gone as well, he should just go back to his people to rule as their Prince. Quan can/should approach him and offer him/his people a deal, which he should turn down. It would make him a potential enemy of Shinnok, but at the same time a potential ally to Raiden.
  21. Tanya - Bring her back, make her as crooked as they come, and do more to separate her from the "female ninja clone" look that she comes from. Her move set in MKA was fine, just expand it (a given).
  22. Jade - With Kitana and Sindel dead, Jade steps up to take control of the Edenian Knights. She and Tanya should have a rivalry, and when Quan and Shinnok escape the Netherrealm, she should be one of the only survivors.
  23. Rain - Driven by greed, Rain should side with Quan, and be brought into the fold via Tanya. Shinnok can fill him in on his heritage (being a son of Argus), and that could make Rain's greed for power go to another level.
  24. Ermac - King Jerod could find his way to the surface of Ermac and realize that his wife and daughter are now dead. Wanting to write his past wrongs, he returns to Edenia only to find it in ruins after Shinnok's escape of the Netherrealm. The only ally he would have at this point is Jade.
  25. Deagon - It may be too early to bring him in, but if they do they don't have to go into the whole Armageddon thing. He could just be the leader of the Black Dragon, and have some "ulterior" motives.
  26. Mavado - I love Movado. He should come back and be the badass he is supposed to be. He should still be after Kano and the Black Dragon, and the OIA should be in the mix as well.
  27. Hsu Hao - I like him and I want him to come back with a full MK9-esq make over. With Mavado, I think they should do damage.
  28. Blaze - Blaze could be introduced here but not as the "end of days" character that he was in MKA. With a makeover and an updated move set, I think it would be cool to bring in Blaze like he was in MKDA, in his "human" form.
  29. Shinnok - He should be just like he always was intended to be...the grand-daddy of all bad guys.
  30. Quan Chi - Same story as before, but more back stabbing and scheming
  31. Drahmin and Moloch - Not much to say about them, but I liked them and think they would be awesome in a new game. They could side with Quan and Shinnok, and just be enforcers for them.
  32. Nitara - Bring her back, and maybe the other Vampire character that was never released. Then again, it may be too early for her.
  33. Reptile - I liked his de-evolution storyline, and I think it would be cool if they brought that back. I think that the C/Khameleon storylines should be brought into the forefront and fleshed out though.
  34. Khameleon and Chameleon - I really don't know what they should do with Chameleon's story, but Khameleon should be the matriarch of the Raptor Race, and be searching for Reptile. I think it would be cool if Nitara was brought into this side story, some cool stuff could happen like she could be the reason Khameleon and Chameleon haven't been seen for all this time.
Not all the characters need to be playable (though I'd like it if they all were), but I think the story should revolve around all these characters and anyone else who is added in should just be extra.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sareena is OK only because she actually has a bit of story with Sub-Zero. Those two do not, and in almost no way they are any different than Sareena.
Kia and Jataaka connects with Sareena because she is related to them, she betrayed the sisterhood, which turns her automatically into an enemy just by trying to align with the forces of earthrealm. And not only so because they're also relevant members of the Brotherhood of Shadows's hierarchy.
So what if they work for Quan Chi ? In MKMS, but after that ? NOWHERE !
And that's exactly my point, Sareena was in this NOWHERE! position too, until Ed Boon decides (" Hey remember that mithologies character? Sareena right? lets add her into Armaggedon, lets just develop her sub-zero's romance with kuai liang a bit and that's it) and now automatically everybody loves Sareena, she is relevant, she is this and that, when in fact she would be a garbage character if she wasn't playable.

And Kia is much cooler than Sareena