What's new

MK1 PC Requirements

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
My PC is running it fine, but for some weird reason there are stutters when doing corner combos. Also in story mode, every 5 seconds or so there is a micro delay, like the video paused and resumed in the fraction of a second. Not sure if this is due to me using an HDD (had similar but way more atrocious version of this happen in Starfield due to the HDD too)

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
NOTE: Right now people are reporting fights run fine but cutscenes are stuttering.

there’s also reports of crashing while trying to launch the game.

also fatal blows, menus and others are in 30fps…this is an issue mk11 had and was patched so hopefully they can fix this after the day one patch.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
NOTE: Right now people are reporting fights run fine but cutscenes are stuttering.

there’s also reports of crashing while trying to launch the game.

also fatal blows, menus and others are in 30fps…this is an issue mk11 had and was patched so hopefully they can fix this after the day one patch.
Oh, I thought it was a me-issue. Glad to know!

I'm interested in the 60fps in the non-60fps features too lol

I'm currently playing on:
Core i7 10700
RTX3060 12gb
RAM 16gb
SSD 450mb/s~

The game for some reason forces the 4K resolution in full screen for my 4K display, which sucks, I usually like to put it on 1440p for better performance. I got some gains reducing the resolution scale though, around the 1440p mark (65%+-) was still a little stuttery, but managed to get a very consistent result in 1080p (50%).

Immortal

Blind justice....
Experimental mode for 60 fps works fine, thou its not finished and sometimes it will desync online fights. This will be adressed in upcoming patches.

As for stuttering during pre-rendered scenes there is a bug which makes GPU switch to lower power mode, downclocking core which makes frame time rise. Simple solution for this is to run something like AfterBurner and manually set GPU freq. Works without fail. This will also be adressed in upcoming patch.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
There isn't something like overheating issuse in current GPUs or CPUs for that matter. If your GPU reach a certain temperature lets say 85C(celsius) it will just downclock GPU core to maintain safe temperature(performance will suffer thou), same goes for CPUs. At the very worst case it would just shutdown the system to prevent real damage.

Obviously this will happen faster on laptops or if your GPU fan/radiator is full of dirt and/or obscured, degradation of thermal compound over time also plays a part in this. That have nothing to do with MK1 or any game. It will however be more(or at all) "visible" with games which push your GPU to the limit.

Also it depends on how powerful/modern your CPU/GPU is. For example with RTX 4080 and everything maxed at 4K without any scaling and with AA-DLAA you wont see more then like 60-65% GPU use, coz MK1 in relative terms has very modest hardware req.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
There isn't something like overheating issuse in current GPUs or CPUs for that matter. If your GPU reach a certain temperature lets say 85C(celsius) it will just downclock GPU core to maintain safe temperature(performance will suffer thou), same goes for CPUs. At the very worst case it would just shutdown the system to prevent real damage.

Obviously this will happen faster on laptops or if your GPU fan/radiator is full of dirt and/or obscured, degradation of thermal compound over time also plays a part in this. That have nothing to do with MK1 or any game. It will however be more(or at all) "visible" with games which push your GPU to the limit.

Also it depends on how powerful/modern your CPU/GPU is. For example with RTX 4080 and everything maxed at 4K without any scaling and with AA-DLAA you wont see more then like 60-65% GPU use, coz MK1 in relative terms has very modest hardware req.
Can you help me out?

I found the GameUserSettings.ini file and I found the Experimental60FPS=0 line. I changed it to 1 but nothing happened.

Any idea why? I switched chromatic aberration to 1 as well, and that worked just fine.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Experimental mode for 60 fps works fine, thou its not finished and sometimes it will desync online fights. This will be adressed in upcoming patches.

As for stuttering during pre-rendered scenes there is a bug which makes GPU switch to lower power mode, downclocking core which makes frame time rise. Simple solution for this is to run something like AfterBurner and manually set GPU freq. Works without fail. This will also be adressed in upcoming patch.
You can give it a shot, how do we activate experimental mode might i ask?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
This fixed the stutter for me.

For those who play on Steam Deck, according to the comments in this thread, MK1 isn't running at 60FPS on Deck, at least not yet.

I'm not sure if it's Denuvo or not; Street Fighter 6 had it, and that game could still run at 60 in online fights; though not in World Tour (which is fine with me; the single-player can have a lower framerate, but for the online it needs to be at 60).

I may have to hold off on purchasing it since I don't have PS Plus anymore (and likely won't get it, especially not after the price hike), and only play on Steam Deck/Switch. Hopefully, a Day One patch will fix some of the issues.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Supposedly, you go to C:\Users\(your name profile)\AppData\Local\MK12\Saved\Steam\Config\WindowsNoEditor\

Open GameUserSettings.ini with notepad

Find the line

Experimental60FPS=0

and turn it to

Experimental60FPS=1

Supposedly, that's all you have to do.

However, I did it and it didn't work for me.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Can you help me out?

I found the GameUserSettings.ini file and I found the Experimental60FPS=0 line. I changed it to 1 but nothing happened.

Any idea why? I switched chromatic aberration to 1 as well, and that worked just fine.
I'm not sure if you can already enable it on production version of the game. Probably not yet. While the setting is in the ini file it might not be not active on the engine side. I'm running QA version as a curtesy for sometime now.

For those who play on Steam Deck, according to the comments in this thread, MK1 isn't running at 60FPS on Deck, at least not yet.

I'm not sure if it's Denuvo or not; Street Fighter 6 had it, and that game could still run at 60 in online fights; though not in World Tour (which is fine with me; the single-player can have a lower framerate, but for the online it needs to be at 60).

I may have to hold off on purchasing it since I don't have PS Plus anymore (and likely won't get it, especially not after the price hike), and only play on Steam Deck/Switch. Hopefully, a Day One patch will fix some of the issues.
MK1 PC is not optimized for Steam Deck, its running in emulation mode on Proton obviously, performance howers around 40-50 fps. Steam Deck hardware sadly is pretty weak but maybe with some aditional tweaking to LOD it would hit 60 fps.

This fixed the stutter for me.

That's just a crude way to do what i wrote before, this way you just increase the load on GPU which means it wont go to lower power mode which is the reason for "stutter" but hey it will work too.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm not sure if you can already enable it on production version of the game. Probably not yet. While the setting is in the ini file it might not be not active on the engine side. I'm running QA version as a curtesy for sometime now.

MK1 PC is not optimized for Steam Deck, its running in emulation mode on Proton obviously, performance howers around 40-50 fps. Steam Deck hardware sadly is pretty weak but maybe with some aditional tweaking to LOD it would hit 60 fps.

That's just a crude way to do what i wrote before, this way you just increase the load on GPU which means it wont go to lower power mode which is the reason for "stutter" but hey it will work too.
Thanks, man. Good to know all this.

Any ... guess as to when the 60fps patch will come?

Immortal

Blind justice....
No, not really. I know that the first patch is around the corner but as far as i remember only bug fixes(one of them is for the stuttering). Its always bug fixes first and features later. Thou as the 60 fps mode almost works now it shouldn't be long.