What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Him

Noob
People saying this looks like Street Fighter couldn't be more dumb. SF 4-6 has the whole....oil painting shit going on. MK just looks somewhat like an R rated Disney movie (which Im not complaining about). Why do people have such superficial mental capacity? Like damn.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
iT lOoKs cArToOnISh ..
Well, it looked during the 1st reveal. Not gonna lie.

And not gonna lie it looks better now.

See? I can be positive about something.

Man, what the hell

I'm so glad we're over Revenant Liu Kang.

I was already thinking this Fire God Liu Kang looks fucking amazing, but he just keeps getting better. I haven't even played the game and I already feel this is one of the best versions of Liu Kang ever.

Fuck the Revenants
There is only one thing that bothers me but maybe that will be explained in the story. Power level of Liu Kang is like a One Being now, superhypereldergod, creator of everything, yet he still fights along others.

He is definitely more powerful than Raiden or Shinnok ever were. But as I said, maybe in the story it will be explained that creating the New world drained him and now he is not that godlike.

I don’t understand the complaints towards graphics for MK1. Maybe compared to MK11 the difference isn’t big. But it looks 1000 times better than MKx..

Him

Noob
I don’t understand the complaints towards graphics for MK1. Maybe compared to MK11 the difference isn’t big. But it looks 1000 times better than MKx..
Because instead judging whats brought to the table, they're judging the improvement from one game to the next. The jump from MK X to MK 11 was huge obviously. If you hit the ceiling, how much higher can you go? MK 1 looks just as good, if not slightly better than MK 11. Since its not a drastic change people are complaining. Its the same reason why SF 6 is being raved about right now, because the bar was set low with V. Easier to peak when theres more space between the floor and ceiling.

the jump from MK X to MK 11 was huge obviously.
There was Injustice 2 between those, and the jump from that to MK11 isn't as stark.

If you hit the ceiling, how much higher can you go?
True. While the gfx aren't photorealistic (do we want that anyway?), MK11's gfx are still great. I still look at the game at times and marvel at good they look. If you're on a last gen console... then yeah, you may not think they were that great, but the 4K update still looks glorious.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I really like the graphics a lot personally, and have no problems with it, but I can understand those who are disappointed. This game is eclusively for a next gen console. It looks better than MK11, but not significant enough to make it a next gen exclusive. I think it could have been a PS4 / PS5 title.

Him

Noob
I really like the graphics a lot personally, and have no problems with it, but I can understand those who are disappointed. This game is eclusively for a next gen console. It looks better than MK11, but not significant enough to make it a next gen exclusive. I think it could have been a PS4 / PS5 title.
This makes no sense. Because the graphics arent a big jump from MK 11 (which is one of the best looking games in the past decade) it should be on last gen consoles?

chrisisnice

This makes no sense. Because the graphics arent a big jump from MK 11 (which is one of the best looking games in the past decade) it should be on last gen consoles?
I am not sure what you do not understand there. Most titles that could be on both gen consoles are. That is how you make money.

Him

Noob
I am not sure what you do not understand there. Most titles that could be on both gen consoles are. That is how you make money.
This is a silly and child like way of thinking. They'd most likely lose more money making the game for PS4 and Xbox One than they would making MK 1 for those consoles. Its also a waste of resources. They're already making the game for Sony and Microsoft consoles (NEXT GEN, needless to say). They wouldn't make anymore money from PS4 and Xbox One. How many people you think are going purchase the game for last gen than not? Seriously.

Its literally like a drug kingpin buying weed to sell in his neighborhood, thats hustling backwards.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Man, what the hell

I'm so glad we're over Revenant Liu Kang.

I was already thinking this Fire God Liu Kang looks fucking amazing, but he just keeps getting better. I haven't even played the game and I already feel this is one of the best versions of Liu Kang ever.

Fuck the Revenants
I'm so tired of 'evil versions' of heroic characters in general. It got so dull. I hate the multiverse too.

Him

Noob
I miss the Revenants, absolutely loved their designs (too bad they did absolutely shit in the story). From the reverb and slight delay effects on their voices to the fluorescence in the crevices on that covered their skin (in MK X they were glowing tendrils, which I liked as well). Always felt NRS should try to get edgy and ominous as possible, maybe implement some supernatural/psychological horror aspects into their games.

chrisisnice

This is a silly and child like way of thinking. They'd most likely lose more money making the game for PS4 and Xbox One than they would making MK 1 for those consoles. Its also a waste of resources. They're already making the game for Sony and Microsoft consoles (NEXT GEN, needless to say). They wouldn't make anymore money from PS4 and Xbox One. How many people you think are going purchase the game for last gen than not? Seriously.

Its literally like a drug kingpin buying weed to sell in his neighborhood, thats hustling backwards.
Child like? lol.

I look at things objectively rather than being a mindless fanboy.

Firstly, I was saying I have no problem with the graphics - I really like them. I was saying that I understood why some people may not be enthused, because, while there is a difference, it is not extreme. It is somewhat similar to the PS4/PS5 difference for SF6. That is NOT complaining - I am understanding why people have that opinion. Adults do that.

Second... an audience of 50 million for new gen consoles compared to 160+ million of last gen is a significant difference between audience size - therefore new gen + old gen = more customers. Your fanboy attitude is clouding your maths.

Him

Noob
Child like? lol.

1 It is somewhat similar to the PS4/PS5 difference for SF6.

2. Second... an audience of 50 million for new gen consoles compared to 160+ million of last gen is a significant difference between audience size - therefore new gen + old gen = more customers. 3. Your fanboy attitude is clouding your maths.
1. This is not a good enough reason for them work on a PS4/Xbox One iterations.

2. Youre beyond clueless if you think 160 million people STILL play on their last gen consoles. And even more clueless if you think whatever number dropped the console WILL pick them back just to play MK 1.

3. What exactly am I fanboying over?

chrisisnice

1. This is not a good enough reason for them work on a PS4/Xbox One iterations.

2. Youre beyond clueless if you think 160 million people STILL play on their last gen consoles. And even more clueless if you think whatever number dropped the console WILL pick them back just to play MK 1.

3. What exactly am I fanboying over?
1. No, not in itself - I was just stating a fact. I never said it was a reason for them to make it for PS4. Your argumentative behaviour when I am making an innocuous statement is fanboying

2. The 110 million who do not have a PS5/XBSX probably are still playing it. Denying that millions of fans would not like to see the game on PS4/XB1 is fanboying.

3. Your regular hostility and name calling on this forum is the first sign of fanboy. You really do not get the adult concept of understanding how people feel as opposed to agreeing with what they are saying.

Him

Noob
1. No, not in itself - I was just stating a fact. I never said it was a reason for them to make it for PS4. Your argumentative behaviour when I am making an innocuous statement is fanboying

2. The 110 million who do not have a PS5/XBSX probably are still playing it. Denying that millions of fans would not like to see the game on PS4/XB1 is fanboying.

3. Your regular hostility and name calling on this forum is the first sign of fanboy. You really do not get the adult concept of understanding how people feel as opposed to agreeing with what they are saying.
1. WHAT exactly am I fanboying over? Current gen consoles?

2. That ends that topic. There is a myriad of reasons why this point is just silly.

3. Again, WHAT AM I FANBOYING over? And what name did I call you? Youre being open ended for the lack of actually being able to explain what youre talking about.

You made an ambiguous post, I questioned it. Then proceeded to make even more ambiguous posts, I challenged those as well. It is what is. Its silly to say 110 million people will buy (or even play) MK 1 on last gen consoles because they dont have next gen consoles. Thats more than what the series has sold as a whole. Off of one game.

The Xbox series s version of SF6 looks like the last gen version and since Nrs are doing a switch port it is odd not to see it on the other last gen consoles

im guessing on series s mk1 will have way less detail in those new stages

Like I said before, 3d era fans would be easier to sympathize with if they came from the angle of having their characters introduced like new additions instead of constantly suggesting characters with huge fanfare sit out a game in their favor.

Would I have rather had a revamped Havik or other 3d era Jabrones over Kollector or ferra torr or even the likes of tremor? Absolutely.

But them in favor of one of the mk1-3 cast?

LMAO they can stay gone for another 2 decades.