What's new

MK Or Injustice

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
WWWWTTTTFFFFF this is hilarious. People are saying AA's are better in MK? Wasn't it the other way around? LMAO and i dunno even know how too, because atleast in IGAU if your character doesnt have good AA you can dash away or under (since dashing in this game isnt slow as hell).

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I wanna know all of your opinions. What do you think is better? MK Or Injustice? I love MK more because it is a lot of fun. Injustice is more balanced but MK is more enjoyable. It also has 2 VS 2. NRS fucked up for not putting 2V2 in Injustice. Injustice is still a great game. MK is just better.
Yeah, injustice is fking very good fighting game, but mk charachters i like more but want sometimes have in mk some like doomsday rushing charachters. 2v2 suck in mk that's why they didn't put it in injustice / really mk 2vs2 is just imbalanced shit cause many unsafe attacks becomes safe with swap and other not

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yeah, injustice is fking very good fighting game, but mk charachters i like more but want sometimes have in mk some like doomsday rushing charachters. 2v2 suck in mk that's why they didn't put it in injustice / really mk 2vs2 is just imbalanced shit cause many unsafe attacks becomes safe with swap and other not
2 v 2 was still a fun feature to mess around with. I don't know why they took it out. It would be pretty fun in Injustice being Batman and Nightwing against Joker and Harley. I see your point though. I never even learned the advanced 2 v 2 options. :16Bit

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
IGAU, mechanically is everything I wanted MK9 to be. Hit trades, double KOs, deep training mode, BTB(kinda), but I have more fun playing MK9. Im not a fan of stage transitions/interactables. If MK10 adopts some IGAU mechanics, even if its just trades it would be amazing. That alone would eliminate P1 advantage and other crap.

Lets not kidd ourselves, MK9 is gory, dark, and flat out a mans game.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
IGAU, mechanically is everything I wanted MK9 to be. Hit trades, double KOs, deep training mode, BTB(kinda), but I have more fun playing MK9. Im not a fan of stage transitions/interactables. If MK10 adopts some IGAU mechanics, even if its just trades it would be amazing. That alone would eliminate P1 advantage and other crap.

Lets not kidd ourselves, MK9 is gory, dark, and flat out a mans game.
What is wrong with that?:16Bit

KRYS9984

Noob
WWWWTTTTFFFFF this is hilarious. People are saying AA's are better in MK? Wasn't it the other way around? LMAO and i dunno even know how too, because atleast in IGAU if your character doesnt have good AA you can dash away or under (since dashing in this game isnt slow as hell).
I would have to disagree that AA's are easier in Injustice. Unless you have a good uppercut or special attack (that can easily be done on reaction and comes out quickly), your only option is a dash which offers no reward unless you can whiff punish a jump upon landing.

In Mortal Kombat 9, there were universal options of standing 1, 2, D1, D2 or even a sweep. Injustice does not have much of this.

Dashing under an opponent on cross up also applies to Mortal Kombat 9; I often found it to be a very good and effective evade method.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I wanna know all of your opinions. What do you think is better? MK Or Injustice? I love MK more because it is a lot of fun. Injustice is more balanced but MK is more enjoyable. It also has 2 VS 2. NRS fucked up for not putting 2V2 in Injustice. Injustice is still a great game. MK is just better.
MK9 is far better, but Injustice is new and MK9 has went too long without an update. I have only stuck with games that are multiplayer, online, and receive updates.
If they updated MK with new patches for the netcode, new DLC characters and force download compatibility packs to everyone that'd be epic. I wouldn't mind paying $10 for every DLC character if they are top 12 material, especially if they are unique in playstyle such as Shinnok or Reiko. They could also add alternates for the DLC and brutalities :D.

MK9 sets the record for the longest I've ever been interested in a console game. With the release of the xbox 720 and PS4 I'm not sure injustice will do that.

I don't like how far NRS has strayed from MK9s style with Injustice, and I miss the possibilities of an adult rating. It is still a new game so we'll see what they do with the buffs. I'm looking forward to Sub-Zero/Scorpion in Injustice if the rumors are true.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Injustice. I love MK9, it got me into fighters in a more competitive way and I've spent about 400 hours playing it and I haven't had that much fun out of any game since Guild Wars 1 and its expansions and I've loved the franchise for more than 10 years now, however, after playing other 2d fighters, SF4 mostly, it was more irritating then fun. I've lost countless matches because I couldn't do d4 because of the input bug for example. And the worst part were the inputs in general. With 4 directions instead of 8 I always did unwanted special moves all the time, especially after blocking as I've not just pressed the block button but held back as well so it got all messed up. That alternate control stuff I hope will be in MK10 as well.

I defintely prefer Injustice. i've never been able to get past the block button(my own issue, MK doesn't need to change for me^^), but it's not just that it seem to be everything in Injustice. It just plays well, all the intricasies are stuff I love, I love the presence of armour on moves instead of invincibility, all the uses for meter, how the lifebars work, interactables.

Not to mention a large cast that makes it hard for me to stick to my main(who fortunately turned out top tier, I don't get lucky every game and I always stick to characters I like XD) asnd look forward to all the upcoming characters.

My one gripe is that they went for lag netcode instead of rollback, thats just a waste :(
Also one lesser gripe is that I'd prefer a costume pass(separate from the season pass, I get it not being bundeld) to get multiple packs instead of only 3 per pack, but thats hardly relevant to the actual game.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I have way more fun in Injustice than MK9. But I have way more fun in pretty much every other MK (except 2 & 6) that came before MK9.

KRYS9984

Noob
MK is so much more fun. This game is in its early stages so we can't say its balanced yet.
I agree with you.

Mortal Kombat 9 (from day 1) was extremely hype and never seemed bland; the tournaments were exciting and always kept me on the edge of my seat (until the 3 - 4 character circus came about). My attachment to the franchise, characters and style motivated me to pick it up every day and learn every aspect of the game. DC on the other hand is not really my cup of tea.

However, Injustice is still very young and there is a lot to discover and enjoy; I know it will get better with time.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Personally I think is MK9 better, for one simple reason called Movility, movility provides more domain of your char (spacing, shenanigans, AA´s) but injustice is much more balanced than MK9.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I can't really judge Injustice considering I have 0 MU experience, have never played an actual human being before (two beginners I played while trying out online once don't count), and thus, have not experienced the "BS" others have.

However, based on practice mode and playing the AI countless times, I will say I prefer the following mechanics over ones in MK9:
1. Properties of dashes - I know a lot of people wish they were cancelable. I dunno whether making them so would negatively or positively impact the game, but I do know that they have an evasive property that makes AAs and even poking unnecessary a lot of times. Essentially, it's like a universal Smoke Away (minus the anti-projectile ability) that shouldn't be spammed, and I love it.

2. Reversals and push-block - In this game, there's an alternative way to deal with pressure aside from GUESSING when to poke out. I fucking hate Johnny Cage, Kabal, and whoever else had bullshit pressure like that. Mind you, I'm speaking out of my ass since, like I said, I have 0 MU experience, and there may be a character like them here (Doomsday?). I believe if you guess right when people are pressuring, you can also simply dash back. Again, dash is awesome.

3. Clash system - I like it more than breakers. There were some issues with MK9 breakers, such as certain characters actually being able to combo or perform set-ups after them (mainly, Cyrax and Smoke, but everyone could D3/D4 if they broke in the air). But besides this, some characters built meter too fast, and could breaker anytime you approached them (Kabal). I like the thought of a limited number of breakers. I don't think there should only be one breaker in MK10, but maybe three per entire matches (1 per round). Obviously, they would have to do away with bullshit Cage-like pressure, and 100% resets, but I think they learned their lesson.

What I like more about MK9:

1. Anti-airing - If I'm not mistaken, many characters in Injustice do not have AAs because they compensate in other ways, whereas characters like Aquaman have designs that make AAing a necessity. So in the end, it all comes down to a balancing question. However, it still bugs me that this game encourages jump-ins so much. In MK9, you really needed an excellent amount of spacing and precision to AA properly, and that form of strategy is really appealing, as well as incredibly satisfying when you execute correctly. In Injustice, you MAY be able to AA, but good luck not getting bodied instead.

2. D4 - Excluding Mileena and Sonya. I like this long ranged, hit advantage giving (unless you're Scorpion or CSZ) poke. It adds an extra amount of depth to the game imo, especially if your character doesn't have a low starter.

That's all I can think of atm. I'm not going to say whether I prefer the block button or not, or the physics of one game over the other because these are just vital components of what make the games....what they are. It's like saying I like Street Fighter more because it's not Tekken.