What's new

MK Legacy director hints at new character coming to next Mortal Kombat game and film

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@aj701 just because you hated all characters after Mk4 to MKa doesn't mean they can't be good on the new system, i used to hate cyrax, and Sektor, they look too good and unique in MK9. Doesn't mean any other character can't be unique as well.

And those who don't know MK Prequels better go book hard before talking shizzle on here Special Forces MKM:S were MK1 prequels so:
a) deal with it
b) fuck off

New MK character? im kool with it, as long as we don't get Kratos, Freddy or other non MK guest character in the game or as DLC.

and pls NRS, don't forget Skarlet and these 3:

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I like original characters. My only concern is that it comes out around about the same time as the next movie... and it's going to be tied in with the movie...

What if it's like Street Fighter: The Movie the game? And the new character is the equivalent of Captain Sawada‽

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
What were you quoting anyway, he didn't even mention Hydro. Besides... he's already in MK9. :joker:

Tremor or fuck off.
You think hydro from mk legacy season one is cyber subzero in mk9. Wrong. Csz is the younger brother from mk2. Hydro is from the malibu comics and is non canon. I'm a new member here. Why do I have to explain this? Learn your mk history.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You think hydro from mk legacy season one is cyber subzero in mk9. Wrong. Csz is the younger brother from mk2. Hydro is from the malibu comics and is non canon. I'm a new member here. Why do I have to explain this? Learn your mk history.
jokes are clearly over your head

stop blocking low #terriblejokes

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Has everyone completely misread my post? KT had hydro in mkl season 1. Hydro was non canon from malibu comics. I was comparing tremor to jax and no face to kabal. Idk if kt is going to put another non canon character from malibu comics into mkl it could be zaggot for all we know.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Has everyone completely misread my post? KT had hydro in mkl season 1. Hydro was non canon from malibu comics. I was comparing tremor to jax and no face to kabal. Idk if kt is going to put another non canon character from malibu comics into mkl it could be zaggot for all we know.
you're misreading ours

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
You're new, so I won't try to troll you........yet.
Stay positive! :)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm confused, do people not get the term 'original character' or am I the one who's mistaken?

New original character to me sounds like a newly created character who we haven't seen before, so not Tremor? Or are people just requesting Tremor in general?

Either way, it'll be someone we haven't seen before.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm confused, do people not get the term 'original character' or am I the one who's mistaken?

New original character to me sounds like a newly created character who we haven't seen before, so not Tremor? Or are people just requesting Tremor in general?

Either way, it'll be someone we haven't seen before.
I'm just requesting Tremor in general. I really want a grappler and Jax is a bad one. Also Earth ninja powers would be so slick. :cool:

Are they going to announce this character soon, by the way?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Are they going to announce this character soon, by the way?
I don't think so, it's weird because it sounds really unofficial and official at the same time?
Like it's big news, and if he claims the character will be in the next MK game then that means it has to be fairly official.

But basically they can sit on this reveal for aaaaages. At least until the first trailer/promotional images.
Which won't be for a while I guess.

#E32014

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
the next MK game? Just make Shaolin Monks 2 so Injustice can live longer! Then MK10 with Injustice gameplay.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
dash system, trait system, blah blah blah...., and bring back mkdc's pro move system :D.
i'd rather keep the dash blocking system unless NRS changes their fireball system to more slow fireballs

fast projectiles and long dashes are a bad mix

Minh Giang

i'd rather keep the dash blocking system unless NRS changes their fireball system to more slow fireballs

fast projectiles and long dashes are a bad mix
yeah, agreed about the fat projectiles thing. it's stupid to see some characters just ignore the gameplay and do someshit like backdash-shoot shoot shoot...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
yeah, agreed about the fat projectiles thing. it's stupid to see some characters just ignore the gameplay and do someshit like backdash-shoot shoot shoot...
I mean, I get that some characters kind of need their fast fireballs (Deathstroke in particular) but really I think he's the only one who would need it and I still think it could be toned down a little bit(with some recovery frames given back of course)

but slow or at least slower fireballs with more depth added to them instead of just full screen pressure would make it so much more interesting.

Minh Giang

I mean, I get that some characters kind of need their fast fireballs (Deathstroke in particular) but really I think he's the only one who would need it and I still think it could be toned down a little bit(with some recovery frames given back of course)

but slow or at least slower fireballs with more depth added to them instead of just full screen pressure would make it so much more interesting.
how about Cyborg, he has IAF like Kabal but his moves are still shitty IMO.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
how about Cyborg, he has IAF like Kabal but his moves are still shitty IMO.
i think his fireballs are great, missiles could use an air hitbox because they're pretty trash right now. other than that i would make him capable of performing up close, not great but able to hold his own kind of.

how do i get so off-topic in every thread i post in ;_;

Minh Giang

i think his fireballs are great, missiles could use an air hitbox because they're pretty trash right now. other than that i would make him capable of performing up close, not great but able to hold his own kind of.

how do i get so off-topic in every thread i post in ;_;
get back on topic, how about mkdc's pro move system for new MK game? shit i always love that system.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
get back on topic, how about mkdc's pro move system for new MK game? shit i always love that system.
Never played MKDC, what's the pro move system? is that like their meter burn or something? :p

I really want to know who the character is. I'm not good with teasers. :(