What's new

MK gimmick functions

Any additions will be added

MK3/UMK3 Combo Strings, run button, stage transitions, kombat codes, mercy

MKTrilogy Aggressor mode

MK4 Stage weapons/character weapons, alternate costumes, 3d sidestepping

MKDA Powerup, weapon stance, fighting stances, full 3d fighting

MKD destructible obstacles, breakers, return of stage transitions, death-traps, stage weapons

MKA Air kombat, Kreate a Khar, parry system, wakeup system

MKvsDC klose kombat, stage transition mini game, rage mode, special-cancel combos (no more only dial-a-combo), pro-moves, revamped wakeup system

MK9 Toasty boost, Xrays, meter system, return to 2d, tag-team mode, return of kombat codes

MKX running returned (bring it back plz), variations, interactables, meter-burn specials

MK 11 two factor meter system, Krushing blows, Fatal blows, variations/kustom moves, neutered interactables, breakdown (instead of breaker), armor-breaking moves, flawless blocking, universal wake-ups, roll wakeups, return of mercy

MK 1 kameos, air combos return, meter system from mk9-x returns, breaker returns, up-blocking

Last edited:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
MK3/UMK3 - Combo Strings, run button, stage transitions, kombat codes, mercy

MK4 Stage weapons/droppable char weapons, alternate costumes, 3d sidestepping

MKDA Powerup, weapon stance, fighting stances, full 3d fighting

MKD destructible obstacles, breakers, return of stage transitions, death-traps, stage weapons

MKA Air kombat, Kreate a Khar, parry system, wakeup system (? not sure if it started in MKD)

MKvsDC klose kombat, stage transitions (already present for the past 2 games), rage mode, special-cancel combos (no more only dial-a-combo), pro-moves, revamped wakeup system

MK9 Toasty boost, Xrays, meter system, return to 2d fighting, tag-team mode, return of kombat codes

MKX running returned (fleeing cowards complained to have it removed), variations, interactables, meter-burn specials (mk9 only had ex-moves)

MK 11 two way meter system, Krushing blows, Fatal blows, variations/kustom moves, neutered interactables, breakdown (instead of breaker), armor-breaking moves, flawless blocking, universal wake-ups, return of mercy

MK 1 kameos, air combos return, meter system from mk9-x returns, breaker returns, no more universal wakeups (still a little different than mk9-x wakeups), up-blocking

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
i love the fact that interactables and krushing blows are gone.
I would like for krushing blows to return and be somewhat universalized or something (like say, everyone has a "damage boost for special move if you hit someone with it twice in a row" like jade's shadow kick). Could not be more happy that interactables are gone, though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I would like for krushing blows to return and be somewhat universalized or something (like say, everyone has a "damage boost for special move if you hit someone with it twice in a row" like jade's shadow kick). Could not be more happy that interactables are gone, though.
Nah, the absurd damage they did, and with that effect over time it dragged them out, besides free 30% damage was definitely not ok.
It felt like a gimmick they did for the lack of combos the game had and the overstaying presence of the breakaway.

Hopefully now, everyone will focus on the battle the most, and the Kameo will be all we have to keep track on, besides the character itself.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
i love the fact that interactables and krushing blows are gone.
It's crazy NRS got KB so wrong. Soul Calibur 6 has an identical mechanic, and nobody has a problem with it. But NRS really botched the execution there.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's crazy NRS got KB so wrong. Soul Calibur 6 has an identical mechanic, and nobody has a problem with it. But NRS really botched the execution there.
NRS got many things wrong, i think a fighting game needs to work in a fundamental level first, the universal mechanism needs to operate for all first and no one should ever be above the rule first, when you manage a fighting game to do that, anything you add into it based on those rules, will never feel strange.

Check out SF6 for example, everyone has drive gauge, every Drive Impact has the same startup and recovery frame and block stun, every characters builds drive gauge and parries exactly the same, every characters behaves the same when in burnout, which is something SFV got wrong, with some V triggers and V Skills despite being an universal mechanic, some were always better than others.
In Tekken Mid Rage Drives were always better than high one, as well as mid rage arts.
MK Games tend to always have someone above the general rules doing things in the game that no one has a proprer counter, but it wasn't always like that, i remember in MK9 every jump arc and air attacks were exactly the same frame, same hitboxes and startup, and this made anti-airs work universally better, something that has been far worse right after the end of that game cycle.
In MKX Kitana's J1 can't be countered because she is so high in her arc that moves barely catch it, on top of that, she can still float in the air to alter her descending arc and punish you hard for trying to counter it, and if she touches you from a jump with that button, she wins.

I haven't played SC after 3 so i can't say anything for something i have not experienced. SC was never a combo-based game (When i mean combo based i mean with long juggles and all) for starters, unless something has changed.

The things his, with how little MK11 had the game grew stale pretty fast, as Crushing Blows were there all the time, and was the most diverse thing in the game.

I cant remember the full lineage of the throw mechanics

1-4 is back to prevent throw and then 5 to 7 was changed, but then 9 was the new two throw system right? MkvDC has the high throws and then klose kombat throws?

And on run button topic- imagine both directions of running, zoners can run away from rushdown and rushdown can run towards! Just like in platform games you make it so we only jump high if we run prior

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Nah, the absurd damage they did, and with that effect over time it dragged them out, besides free 30% damage was definitely not ok.
It felt like a gimmick they did for the lack of combos the game had and the overstaying presence of the breakaway.

Hopefully now, everyone will focus on the battle the most, and the Kameo will be all we have to keep track on, besides the character itself.
That makes sense. With all the kameos and kombo routes for MK1 we really dont need free +30% damage from single moves or else the match would be over in an instant

[youtube]

Post something dumber than this

I love mk v dc more than anyone but this and the transition was very poor decision making

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I love mk v dc more than anyone but this and the transition was very poor decision making
I certainly don't love that game, but it did have some merits. I still think some of the DC characters were a lot better adapted in that game than in Injustice. Hell, even Sonya was a better version of herself back then. She never had all her classic specials again.

I certainly don't love that game, but it did have some merits. I still think some of the DC characters were a lot better adapted in that game than in Injustice. Hell, even Sonya was a better version of herself back then. She never had all her classic specials again.
She sure had great tits

The gimmicks and cheap sh it had made those with less autistic magic than us enjoy the game. There should be a ranked mk and then a casual /beginner friendly version that has all sorts of rage mode/klose kombat sh. Mk9s test your luck except not random just have a gimmick rich version for the little bros

Im okay with kbs if they arent slow motion, to me MK11 was in slow motion in general, so anything to further slow down the gameplay gave me an ADD attack
I would kill for designers to go back to the darkstalkers style of specials with no super flash/animation/whatever.

I get that MK has always been the most "cinematic" of the fighters, but a KB could just be a brief pause with the x ray shot (no camera change) rather than this massive flow breaking mess.