What's new

Mk facebook

ngh91

Noob
Does ultimatemk.com have a facebook? showing tourneys on a community page?
that would be really cool to see all the past tourney vids on facebook.

Honestly, That's really not a bad idea. I'm actually surprised the admins didn't think about doing this, unless they have their reasons. I think it's also a way to get more competitive players in the know of UltimateMK.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We've definitely though about it, the problem is running it. I will talk with Dreemer and the mods about maybe doing a group one the bunch of us have access to. It's just another thing to keep track of that's all.

IMO Facebook might be a good place to sort of bring together the various MK sites, since most of us frequent more than one, and almost everyone uses Facebook.

Maybe an MK community facebook page that mods of each site contribute and post to.

Would be easy to post front page links to each site on that feed and have easy access.

I know one or two of the MK sites already have the FB though.

Facebook forums suck, there's no way it would replace these sites.

It would actually bring traffic in. Every time there is a new post on the front page of the site you would put it on the fb status. TYM does the same thing right now, I click to their site through those all the time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
the best way to do it is limit access on the facebook page or something to that effect

oBryant

Noob
I don't see ANY point in having 7 or whatever different MK sites when the MK scene is not even a quarter of sf's scene. point? We have too many websites that are doing the same thing. The only ones that truely matter are umk and somewhat TYM..

IMO................................

FB page? not needed.. why? the only people going to be on the FB page are the people on here already, maybe a handful more.. just my opinion.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
oBryant I tend to agree with you on that for the time being. The other MK FB pages I've seen have not been that successful. Another thing to point out is, this site acquired about 1400 legitimate members between June 2006 and January 2009.

The vast majority are either players who only care about the gameplay itself, who care more about the gameplay than the aesthetics, or care enough about the gameplay to want to be here. Basically, very few purely casual MK fans come to this site, which was our intent from the beginning, and why we don't have a lot of hoopla and only report reasonably important news. Other sites can and will do that.

We scooped up most of the big users and serious players from all the various MK sites and forums that existed at the time we made it, which was maybe 150 to 200 players, to form a dedicate old school MK site and we gradually added more to it once XBL, PSN and DS players started joining as the respective games were released.

A FB group might be necessary for MK9 if it's good, because it will be popular. I would love to bring together the main sites, because Storms has a lot of energy and dedication for promotional value. We did that for years without even having a site to work with and scampered across everywhere and did what we could. Bringing together the experience, technical know-how, desire, and creativity from all the available MK sites would be ideal.

We scooped up most of the big users and serious players from all the various MK sites and forums that existed at the time we made it, which was maybe 150 to 200 players, to form a dedicate old school MK site and we gradually added more to it once XBL, PSN and DS players started joining as the respective games were released.
This site would be getting a lot of activity if it were never closed. CMK would probably not even exist if that didn't happen, since it was made kinda as a substitution for this forum.

I would love to bring together the main sites, because Storms has a lot of energy and dedication for promotional value. We did that for years without even having a site to work with and scampered across everywhere and did what we could. Bringing together the experience, technical know-how, desire, and creativity from all the available MK sites would be ideal.
I too wish UMK, CMK and TYM would come together somehow. It's just that the site owners at each site have reasons why they want to just stay with their own sites. I would support a merger, definitely.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If this site never closed, I guarantee you the scene wouldn't exist as it is today. It was a necessary sacrifice. Make no mistake about it, we all appreciate CMK coming into the picture immediately after we closed the site. I think we topped out around 350 active members on here, which could happen again. Right now I think things are going in the absolute right direction and I hope they continue to do so.