What's new

MK Arcade Kollection Online Lagg

Br0ken

Noob
I was wondering if anyone else on psn has been experiencing slow mo gameplay online in mk2 and umk3. I have talked to 2 buddies of mine that say the same.

I haven't played it yet but i was told the same thing by someone who has. He said it was way slower than playing online on mame. Disappointing because i was hoping it would be a better online experience than playing over kaillera...Hopefully the PC version will be better since it got delayed, or they fix it...

RoboCopAK47

PSN: RoboCopAk47
MK1 was fast but MKII and UMK3 were both laggy. I have also noticed in UMK3 when throwing scorpions spear his sound byte only says the first word of "get over here" and "come here". I wonder if they will be doing patch updates for the kollection.

Br0ken

Noob
I really do hope they fix it. I was really looking forward to a lagg free, or better than mame netplay. As of now imo mk kollection is pretty much fail.

x099x

Noob
Same here. I bought it without reading reviews online because I assumed that even NRS couldn't screw this one up. But they did, go figure. Wish I could get a refund.

Br0ken

Noob
NetherRealm Statement on the matter:

Thanks to all of our fans who purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and your continued support. We are aware of the issues with the game and are currently working on a patch to address them for all systems. Our goal is ensure the best gaming experience possible for everyone playing a Mortal Kombat game. Please stay tuned for updates on when a patch will be released.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MortalKombat/posts/258440340854037
Yea I read that yesterday, Glad to see they are taking action on fixing the problems.

7h30n

Noob
Whew, good thing PC version got delayed. Now I will wait to see what problems will that one have... I fear that lack of sales on PC platform due to bugs might make developers think fighting games aren't for PC :(

I just got an xbox 3 month and looked at the arcade games for the first time in ages. When I saw the collection I was so friggen excited. I thought it was be the second coming and I would see everyone of old and we'd catch up and what not. wtf it took me 4 matches to realize that it's a gigantic piece of shit. Out of nowhere I was so fuckin excited (having heard nothing about the release till a few hours ago) to extremely disappointed and disgusted. Anyone heard when the patch will come out?

Also, good to see zaq and I hope the rest of you are doing well.

I just got an xbox 3 month and looked at the arcade games for the first time in ages. When I saw the collection I was so friggen excited. I thought it was be the second coming and I would see everyone of old and we'd catch up and what not. wtf it took me 4 matches to realize that it's a gigantic piece of shit. Out of nowhere I was so fuckin excited (having heard nothing about the release till a few hours ago) to extremely disappointed and disgusted. Anyone heard when the patch will come out?

Also, good to see zaq and I hope the rest of you are doing well.
I know how you feel man. I was crushed when I got on and played it :(

Damn that old saying about if it's too good to be true

Tim Static

Adminerator
Anyone heard anything on WHEN this patch is set to come out?
sadly no. it is such a clusterfuck of a disaster, then add in how long it can take to just get a patch approved via Sony/Microsoft, it could still be a while. nothing official yet.

I have a feeling we're never getting a patch...i mean the game came out 2 months ago, and right away people were complaining about the fact taht its unplayable online. I really don't get how they could have fucked this up that bad. I mean the UMK3 release for xbox360, which came out a long time before this, was way better.

I'm pretty upset that i even payed 10 dollars for this crap. I could play better matches online over kaillera, stupidly i was hoping an actual commercial release would be a step up from that. Ah well. I will rejoice in happiness if a patch actually comes, one that fixes the online so that it's playable.

Whats up with the PC version? I still havent heard anything about it. If it does actually come out (dont know if it will, could be another broken promise) i think i'll wait and see if its any better, no way i'm spending 10 more dollars for a half assed "kollection"...doesnt even deserve to have a K in its name. It's the collection now.

isamu

Noob
I really hate to keep beating up a dead horse, but in all honesty you guys, as well as the community at Classic MK, should all start looking into MAMEHub. I made a post about it about a year ago, and the program has improved SIGNIFICANTLY!

There are no command-lines or any of that jazz whatsoever, and the whole thing is done in a GUI and is a 1-2-3 step process. My friend and I have been playing MK2 and UMK3 for several weeks now, and we have not desynced ONCE! Lag in our case, is non-existant due to him being in the same city, but I have played other people who are in the US but across the country(ie in the East coast), and the lag was barely noticeable.

The netcode is much much better. Shits all over Kaillera and gives GGPO a run for its money.

Seriously guys check it out and forget about this shitty MK Arcade Collection. I have moved on and am enjoying the game in MAME Hub. It behooves you to do the same, and to tell everyone here and at CMK about it as well.

http://blog.mamehub.info/p/mamehub-tutorial.html

http://forum.mamehub.info/index.php