What's new

MK Arcade Kollection Character Select Screens!!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Cant believe that they're not gonna at least stretch the screen and not adding that stupid thing around it!

SYNIC

Banned
They should talk to Shock and others to make the game more balanced and buff all the shitty specials moves like Sonya's ring toss which belongs in MK2, not a fast paced game like MK3. I can go on and on about this but I hope they consider thinking about it, cause if I played an improved version of this game I wouldn't touch another game and I could definitely see it killing MK9.

They should talk to Shock and others to make the game more balanced and buff all the shitty specials moves like Sonya's ring toss which belongs in MK2, not a fast paced game like MK3. I can go on and on about this but I hope they consider thinking about it, cause if I played an improved version of this game I wouldn't touch another game and I could definitely see it killing MK9.
Hmmm, PC version might have some promise in that area.

nah leave these 3 games as is.

Now refilm and recreate MKT and fix it and do it right. :)
Totally agreed with ya my friend there´s something missing on NR xD they need to read forums looking for answer like: Hey MKT Too Please xDDDD

will be awesome to see that kollector pack!! and my sould will rest in peace

AC1984

Kaballin!
I agree with REO. I also think that with today's technology they can stretch the screen but leave characters the same way or something like that.

I agree with REO. I also think that with today's technology they can stretch the screen but leave characters the same way or something like that.
That'd involve re-writing the engine for widescreen play, re-animating lots of moves to extend further that they do ATM, it'd make turtling easier (more distance) teleport punches harder (more distance to cover) and it'd just plain suck.

SYNIC

Banned
I just realized, if there's gonna be a PC version then it can be hacked and changed into whatever we want, so that's good, I guess.

isamu

Noob
OK here's the deal, gentlemen....I too, own both Ultimate MK3 on XBLA, and MKII on PSN. But here's the B_A_Z_I_L_L_I_O_N dollar question:

Will....now, pay close attention to this....WILL this new collection have a spectator mode? That is THE question that needs to be answered ASAP!!!! I will do backflips NAKED if we can jump into a game and watch other fellow Kombatants go at it in all three games!!!!!!!

So, not sure how excited I am just yet, due to the trillion dollar question above. So we'll see.

Nice, hopefully this will get more people playing UMK3. Can't wait to "re-own" everyone online!

BUT, THEY NEED TO ADD BUTTON CONFIGURATION TO ALL THREE GAMES!

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
incredible! when i was lose hope! this is an amazing oportunity to bring more people to the classic games and provide another options to play than the tipical ones. i only hope the online code will be better than mk9

Tim Static

Adminerator
I could care less about the game brought up to HD levels. It doesnt matter.

and as far as stretching the screen, you just cant do it right with these games made for 4:3 screens. Nothing can go back and make them 16:9 without drastically changing so much.

Hence, give us a MKT HD Recreation :D

Theres 2 ways to implement widescreen with out changing the gameplay:

1) Ver-: Chop off a bit of the top and bottom of the screen. That being said this would probably be slightly undesirable because the sprites probably wouldn't hold up if they made them any bigger. This is what Capcom did with STHDR.

2) Hor+: add width to the screen but do NOT increase play area. Play area would stay in a 4:3 section of the screen. This is what Capcom did with MvC2.

or they could do a little bit of both.

7h30n

Noob
I'm stoked, will definitely pick up when comes to PC.

I wish they would not just add online multiplayer but add new features:

- training mode
- button reconfig
- online spectating
- replay saving and watching
etc.

Theres 2 ways to implement widescreen with out changing the gameplay:

1) Ver-: Chop off a bit of the top and bottom of the screen. That being said this would probably be slightly undesirable because the sprites probably wouldn't hold up if they made them any bigger. This is what Capcom did with STHDR.

2) Hor+: add width to the screen but do NOT increase play area. Play area would stay in a 4:3 section of the screen. This is what Capcom did with MvC2.

or they could do a little bit of both.
New issues were caused in MvC2 because of that.

BeRB

Noob
I remember along time ago on XBL there was a demo for a short period called UMK3: HD, It was only a demo that got released or something but the sprites were upscalled and fireballs and stuff were HDish which later became UMK3 on XBL Without any of that? Does anyone remember seeing this? was towards the end of UMK3 being on XBL at all? I dont see videos or news on it anywhere or if I'm just thinking of something else? I could just be going crazy but if i remember correctly it did happen and maybe they will release that version of umk3? Who knows but MKII and the other ports are perfect as is maybe upscaled for HD TV's so the dimensions aren't goofy as hell is all i hope for that and netplay.

BeRB

Noob
Probably I thought i saw something though maybe it was something else. I am epileptic/dsylexic I'll confuse MK pretty easily.