What's new

MK Arcade collection, now available on Steam

Crayfish

Noob
This really came out of the blue today:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205350/
Apparently it doesnt support windows XP?! Some chat about controller support, but hearing conflicting things.

EDIT: 15% off until Thurs Feb 9th 10AM PST.
Uses Games for Windows Live (GFWL) DRM.
It 'does' run on Windows XP apparently (even tho not listed)
Resolution is locked at 1280x1024
No option to re-map (non Xbox360 pad) controller inputs

Some pretty serious issues that need immediate attention. Hoping these sites have some contact with the guys at Netherrealm to patch this asap.

Dedicated Steam forum is now up here and will be best place to get info:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1332

codo27

Noob
Bought this up right away. A LOT of fucking around to get it working, still buggy like directional controls dont always work in menus, and lots of times there is no sound in matches. I have a shitty 7mbps DSL connection and lag isn't much of an issue, only have had one person thats really unplayable (who declared they would "dance on my grave when I die motherfucker" after I refused to continue playing) and most others are fine, not always perfect, but playable. Huge increase from the shitty console version.

The worst part right now is not having a worthy controller, I have my tournament stick but dont have the cord, I have 2 third party PS1 controllers through an adaprter and the D pad is useless on both, I took apart my original PS1 controller and found out the reason the left direction wasn't working right, the actual d-pad is cracked inside. I have it working okay now but I still miss the PS3 controller. Also, you can map non-360 buttons, just not the directions. Plugged in my old sidewinder and it was fine, the buttons show up in the menu as being the 360 ones, but they still work. Too bad that has the worst d pad ever. I just use the 360 pad emulator with the PS controllers. I run my computer straight through my TV (1920x1080) and the resolution is locked at 1280x720 in game.

Theres no excuse for some of the issues, but at least we dont have to fuck around with kailerra now