What's new

MK:10 in 2013?

I randomly found this last night and thought I would share. If this has already been posted, then my apologies. I searched around and couldn't find any posts about this. This information has been around for awhile though...

Shooting is expected to begin in March 2012 with a budget of well under $100 million and a release date of 2013, coordinated with the next installment of the video game series being produced by the same studios.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(film)

Because the Mortal Kombat games and movies are now being made under the same studio roof, the film’s release is expected to be coordinated with the next game. Emmerich and Tusjihara both said they hope the next Mortal Kombat game will come out when the movie hits theaters, or potentially in a single package along with the DVD and Blu-ray.
Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/09/mortal-kombat-movie-coming-as-warner-video-game-and-new-line-units-partner.html

Thoughts?

NKZero

Noob
If this is true then I dunno what to think. While I really want MK9 to last long since it is still quite new and needs complete fleshing out, at the same time, I'd gladly welcome a new MK game. I'm already excited thinking about what characters will be in the new game and stuff. MK9 is so good that it's created a platform for a potentially even more amazing follow-up game.

Wouldn't count Wiki as a creditable source. If a new MK were to come out, I'd like it to be a launch title for the next Xbox/PS system or to be on the Next Gen of consoles, this gen is dead in a year or 2, at most.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
It's probably bad that I say this, but I'm more excited for the movie than the game. I loved both of the previous movies and I can only imagine what they're going to do with this new one. IIRC, the same guy who did the Legacy series is doing the movie, so it will be good, I know it.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Wouldn't count Wiki as a creditable source. If a new MK were to come out, I'd like it to be a launch title for the next Xbox/PS system or to be on the Next Gen of consoles, this gen is dead in a year or 2, at most.
Oh stop with the public school teacher talk. The sources for the information are pretty legit and I've read all this before it was posted up on Wiki.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/09/mortal-kombat-movie-coming-as-warner-video-game-and-new-line-units-partner.html

Oh stop with the public school teacher talk. The sources for the information are pretty legit and I've read all this before it was posted up on Wiki.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/09/mortal-kombat-movie-coming-as-warner-video-game-and-new-line-units-partner.html
Lol what? Why wouldn't I say don't count Wiki as a creditable source? I've read it too before, and its all just theories and stuff currently. Wiki is shit, I can go edit and say MK10 will be revealed at E32012, will you believe it?

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
That's exactly what I mean by public school teacher talk. "Oh don't trust wiki it can be edited by ANYONE." They go over edits and they check sources and all that jazz. Wiki is not shit.

Lol what? Why wouldn't I say don't count Wiki as a creditable source? I've read it too before, and its all just theories and stuff currently. Wiki is shit, I can go edit and say MK10 will be revealed at E32012, will you believe it?
how can you edit something in wikipedia?

Rumors. MK will live on until the scene starts to die out IMO. Still going strong. No need to rush the next game. Focus on this game and improve it some more.

Also wait for me to finish college in Spring 2013! lol

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I think this is what most people think, but I think a 2013 release date will probably be alright. Since they're no longer doing anything new with MK9, it will have most of last year, all this year, and however long next year to grow. By then, I think people will be ready for a new MK.

Lots of I thinks.

I think they shouldn't change too much about the gameplay in the new Mk. fix the known bugs and glithces. better training mode. be more careful with the armor, more characters. more parry ex rays, more aerial x rays, multiple xrays per character. and that should be it.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I think they shouldn't change too much about the gameplay in the new Mk. fix the known bugs and glithces. better training mode. be more careful with the armor, more characters. more parry ex rays, more aerial x rays, multiple xrays per character. and that should be it.
I'd like to see them doing something along the lines of SSF4's Supers where you select which one you want before the match. That way you can plan accordingly instead of having too many super attacks at their disposal.

Agree with pretty much everything.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The only new MK game I will accept is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9. :D
I am still on this... I don;t want MK10. I want UMK9... this game has served us well and is now taking us to our 2nd Evo! What more could you want?! I do think having a new MK next year will help out chances of getting Evo 2013... hehe.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'd like to see them doing something along the lines of SSF4's Supers where you select which one you want before the match. That way you can plan accordingly instead of having too many super attacks at their disposal.

Agree with pretty much everything.
I'd like this too instead of xrays. Or just something that compliments the character more rather than SUPER ARMOUR MOVE OF DEATH.

Justice

Noob
For the record, studies were conducted and it was found that Wikipedia is as accurate as old-school encyclopedias except that wiki doesn't take 10 years to produce nor cost as much.

The movie is coming and there's a game coming. WHICH MK game is coming is up in the air. They could coincide it with the rumored Vita launch MK, MK10, or maybe even MK9-TE. We won't know until Summer 2013. :suckit:

Zaibel

Noob
I actually could believe this. A 2013 release for MK10 wouldn't be bad and it goes give people enough time to enjoy MK9 still. Had there been a rumor, unofficial article, or such saying that it would be released this year, then I would have totally called bs. Also, I'd like to see what they do with the movie as well.

Considering the release patterns of other fighters, I would be very surprised if we did not get a new game (either UMK9 or MK10) this year.
Christmas at latest.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey. There was a front page post about MK10 trailer being showed at D.I.C.E. a couple of days ago, but it disappeared right after I read it. Did anyone else read it? And can anyone explain where it went?