What's new

Mistaken. All of You.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I'm not going to get into an argument over this, but I just want to point out that I tagged probably the two best GL players playing right now, and they both agreed that he was an easy top 10 character. I think top 5 is pushing it, but there's no way he is lower than top 10.
i respect the non argument, last thing im gonna say is top players can be wrong, wasnt rico saying black adam isnt as good as people think? just a thought

I don't have battle experience vs everyone in the cast but characters like:
Superman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Batman NEED TO BE NERFED ASAP!!!

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I based my belief that GL should be nerfed on the personal experiences I've had against him, most of which I lose. However, it has to be taken into consideration that my 3 mains are Lex, Lobo, & Grundy - of those 3, I think only Grundy is a viable matchup. The other 2 lack the range and/or speed to counter him. Regardless of who I play though, I find that he's simply too easy to play and hard to play against. He has few tools, but they're all very effective tools. I find it incredibly hard to get in on him because he has a straight projectile & 2 air projectiles, as well as his God-forsaken ring grab special move. Even worse, it's hard for me to predict where he's going to be able to hit me with the latter because the range changes with his trait & whether it gets MBed or not. On top of that, it's fast & hard to see coming because there is no visible indicator beforehand that the player will do it (i.e., an animation) - all I have is my own intuition. To me, it's simply not consistent. On the rare occasions I do get in, his low kick combo that hits low & then high or overhead is so fast, I can't even block accordingly (& I've tried practicing it too); it's also hard to predict which one he'll do too. That in itself EASILY sets himself up for 30% combos. Lastly, GL is boring to fight because without exception (in my experience anyways), every GL fights the exact same way with the exact same combos, & yet, I still can't beat him - & that's just not right. You'd think I'd be able to counter him easily after fighting so many of them, but nope... Not happening. That is why I believe he needs to be nerfed. At the very least, reduce the range of his ring grab or make it so it's anti-air only...

I based my belief that GL should be nerfed on the personal experiences I've had against him, most of which I lose. However, it has to be taken into consideration that my 3 mains are Lex, Lobo, & Grundy - of those 3, I think only Grundy is a viable matchup. The other 2 lack the range and/or speed to counter him. Regardless of who I play though, I find that he's simply too easy to play and hard to play against. He has few tools, but they're all very effective tools. I find it incredibly hard to get in on him because he has a straight projectile & 2 air projectiles, as well as his God-forsaken ring grab special move. Even worse, it's hard for me to predict where he's going to be able to hit me with the latter because the range changes with his trait & whether it gets MBed or not. On top of that, it's fast & hard to see coming because there is no visible indicator beforehand that the player will do it (i.e., an animation) - all I have is my own intuition. To me, it's simply not consistent. On the rare occasions I do get in, his low kick combo that hits low & then high or overhead is so fast, I can't even block accordingly (& I've tried practicing it too); it's also hard to predict which one he'll do too. That in itself EASILY sets himself up for 30% combos. Lastly, GL is boring to fight because without exception (in my experience anyways), every GL fights the exact same way with the exact same combos, & yet, I still can't beat him - & that's just not right. You'd think I'd be able to counter him easily after fighting so many of them, but nope... Not happening. That is why I believe he needs to be nerfed. At the very least, reduce the range of his ring grab or make it so it's anti-air only...

Not to be a dick but all of what you said is a L2P issue. I regularly play this MU offline and sometimes online and I gotta say, he's not that bad...

First of all, you don't need to guess after b1, block high and you block everything afterwards, and I can usually punish a b1,2. My offline partner has been catching me with trait canceled into LM after a blocked b1,2 because he usually hit confirms it first, so that's something to look out for.

My offline partner usually gets 40-50% damage if I let him touch me with meter and trait on standby. It's really a matter of blocking low and reacting to overheads tbh. He is a boring character to fight because of the 2 hour combos imo, but he's really not that tough of a match. Granted, I haven't had any of his OTG setups used on me so I don't know how the match changes when they're used. I'm trying to get my practice partner to use them for this reason.

Also before you say he's easy because I play a top tier. I play Scorpion with a little Nightwing on the side, so it's not a "my-character-is-better-than-his" thing. Best I can say is block low when he's on the ground and high when he's in the air and just record the computer doing b1, 2 and b1, 3 to get used to blocking it and seeing what you can punish with.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Not to be a dick but all of what you said is a L2P issue. I regularly play this MU offline and sometimes online and I gotta say, he's not that bad...

First of all, you don't need to guess after b1, block high and you block everything afterwards, and I can usually punish a b1,2. My offline partner has been catching me with trait canceled into LM after a blocked b1,2 because he usually hit confirms it first, so that's something to look out for.

My offline partner usually gets 40-50% damage if I let him touch me with meter and trait on standby. It's really a matter of blocking low and reacting to overheads tbh. He is a boring character to fight because of the 2 hour combos imo, but he's really not that tough of a match. Granted, I haven't had any of his OTG setups used on me so I don't know how the match changes when they're used. I'm trying to get my practice partner to use them for this reason.

Also before you say he's easy because I play a top tier. I play Scorpion with a little Nightwing on the side, so it's not a "my-character-is-better-than-his" thing. Best I can say is block low when he's on the ground and high when he's in the air and just record the computer doing b1, 2 and b1, 3 to get used to blocking it and seeing what you can punish with.
I know you don't need to guess after b1; it's the fact that the 2nd hit comes out so fast, I usually don't have time to react to do a standing block in time. I've practiced the timing & although I know it's possible, it's incredibly hard to do online, which something you admittedly don't seem to do often, & is compounded when I'm playing Lex. I've practiced this for over 2 hours - you'd think I'd have the timing down by now... :(

You still haven't addressed his zoning capabilities, which is the part I really want nerfed. :|

Lastly, you weren't a dick until you mentioned it being an L2P issue - I know that! It's why I'm seeking advice. You don't need to tell me things I already know; it doesn't make you look very helpful at all. In any case, thanks for the advice (for the most part). Also, you didn't need to tell me other characters you play because that's entirely irrelevant to my issue.

If I have meter, I think I'm going to start push-blocking against the b12/b13; for some reason that's a piece of tech I haven't gotten used to using yet & that could make a world of difference, especially since Lex can hit from a fair distance & doesn't really need to use meter all that much.