What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena Mileena Matchup Discussion

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
fought a scorpion in the beta today and got legit salty. I swear his teleport is safe now or the window to punish is extremely small. Block roll, nope. Block, uppercut,nope. Maybe d1 or d3 works but that's not optimal imo.
Is he canceling it?

leoj89

Noob
Is he canceling it?
nah it was just normal/ex teleports. Dude wasn't doing anything special. I couldn't seem to punish it.
maybe it had something to do with the ping. I noticed the other day when I was fighting a takeda player that the ping would spike whenever he teleported.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Scorpion's tele punch isn't safe, even more unsafe if he's cancelling in front of you. It had to be online doing that, to you, @leoj89

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Today I took Mournful Kitana in the lab. For anyone with experience in the matchup, what are some ways you get around her ex glaive pressure? Example string: b14 ex glaive. So far, the only thing I've found to work was making the read and rolling it on reaction and going immediately into njp to avoid the glaive return into an ender. I'm using piercing so both give me a 24% punish.

Anyone have a more effective way to get around it?

leoj89

Noob
@JerzeyReign make the read then telekick into combo is the only solution I found so far although I haven't exactly labed it.

Beware of duelist beta Liu Kang my fellow Klones. Unlimited pressure.
No d1, No d3, No F4+4,No armor. Even back dashing was ineffective cause he just kept advancing. Tanya ain't shit compared to duelist beta Kang. I could not find the gap. Duelist used to be a easiest kang vs mileena match up.
Not anymore.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
@TheGabStandard any advice for scorpion match up.
I need to check to see how the changes to Scorpion affect the MU. Usually before I will dance in and out of the range of F2/B2 to make it whiff and then whiff punish with Roll or B1 if close enough. If the recovery of those moves are the same then that strategy still applies. Once I get the chance to play it out I will get back to you. I would also suggest learning how to block/fuzzy guard F2 and F2 xx Takedown. It is hard but doable and since that is a mixup quite a few Scorpions will use it is worth learning.

Must be a combo of the patch and me being rusty.

Any advice against new kungjin?

- I can punish divekick on block but is there a way to swat him out of it?
- I find it annoyin that his normals are generally better. What are common strings that I can punish on block or in between?
- fear of divekick often means kungjin users get to jumpin for free because even my d2 gets beaten

Last edited:

Baconlord

Must be a combo of the patch and me being rusty.

Any advice against new kungjin?

- I can punish divekick on block but is there a way to swat him out of it?
- I find it annoyin that his normals are generally better. What are common strings that I can punish on block or in between?
- fear of divekick often means kungjin users get to jumpin for free because even my d2 gets beaten

Try rolling early. You might not be able to anti air him but you will get out of the way stop you don't need to deal with the j2 divekick guessing game

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
vs smoke could get up being a intresting up that mileena wont be able to armor crush him,
must check is there any os's against this fade wake up

Is there any character that Mileena now just destroys in XL? She really had no 7/3 MUs pre patch, (though I used to think she destroyed High Tech Jacqui back then), so I'm curious if the game changes and her buffs have shifted any of her even MUs to winning ones.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I need to talk about the Dvorah match up, having some serious troubles right now. Quick summary here:

Run in f1 is what kills me, or f1 after my blocked b12. D3 probably stops it, havent had a chance to try it. Apart from that, I feel it comes down to good reads on when Dvorah will use pressure with gaps, contesting stagger or throws. Id prefer to up my odds in the neutral so need some help.

Did you have any character specific thoughts prior to playing Bee @A F0xy Grampa? Did you also feel it came down to good reads and were you surprised Honeybee wasn't aware of how to contest b12? Is there something else I'm missing in this matchup?

Edit: fixed the tag

Last edited:

Baconlord

I need to talk about the Dvorah match up, having some serious troubles right now. Quick summary here:

Run in f1 is what kills me, or f1 after my blocked b12. D3 probably stops it, havent had a chance to try it. Apart from that, I feel it comes down to good reads on when Dvorah will use pressure with gaps, contesting stagger or throws. Id prefer to up my odds in the neutral so need some help.

Did you have any character specific thoughts prior to playing Bee @A Foxy Grampa? Did you also feel it came down to good reads and were you surprised Honeybee wasn't aware of how to contest b12? Is there something else I'm missing in this matchup?

Edit: could someone tag foxy for me pls? I'm on phone and having a hard time doing so.
@A F0xy Grampa

Yoaks

A spaceman

Did you have any character specific thoughts prior to playing Bee @A Foxy Grampa? Did you also feel it came down to good reads and were you surprised Honeybee wasn't aware of how to contest b12? Is there something else I'm missing in this matchup?

Edit: could someone tag foxy for me pls? I'm on phone and having a hard time doing so.
Could you give me the link to Hypespotting?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
seems balanced kenshi gets a safe ex rising karma when blocking mileena's b12 (bar at total max range where she can roll under 2nd hit of the rising karma) dang b1 active frame nerf :(

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S

Did you have any character specific thoughts prior to playing Bee @A F0xy Grampa? Did you also feel it came down to good reads and were you surprised Honeybee wasn't aware of how to contest b12? Is there something else I'm missing in this matchup?

Edit: fixed the tag
This isn't a question just for Foxy btw, I'll take anyone's tips on D'Vorah. I may have a set soon with my mate and if I do I'll post it up here for review. :)

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Kotal v Mileena is a 7-3 for mileena right? But Kano is a 6-4 for mileena also right?

I have a bet