What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I love the Mileena community. Everyone is so nice and no one is jealous of another mileena player.

We deserve continuous buffs until we are number 1.
I played a Mileena today and was actually "coaching" him because he didn't beat the hell outta me like you do. I normally only GG and engage in small talk but since this guy was a Mileena I felt obligated to help him though I'm still bad myself.

Every Mileena main I've played so far has engaged me afterward and we talked about strategy and whatnot. I think the Empress causes the harmony.

JerzeyReign

If you guys could be so kind and critique this and give me pointers I'd appreciate it. Sound was thrown off so if that annoys you, please mute it and throw on your music of choice haha.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
If you guys could be so kind and critique this and give me pointers I'd appreciate it. Sound was thrown off so if that annoys you, please mute it and throw on your music of choice haha.

-Start using throws way more often (run up throw, wake-up throw if they're expecting Ball Roll, etc.)

-Learn the B34 bnb's (http://testyourmight.com/threads/toss-out-your-old-bnbs-more-damage-options-and-mixups.52303/)

-I noticed you did a lot of unsafe TK's to try to get in when you were fullscreen, you have other options (build meter with sais, run in, etc.)

-You were playing safe sometimes when you didn't need to, specifically when Kano had no meter and you knocked him down, you're free to pressure him in this situation and not just with F12

-Use EX Roll more often, I saw you had a bunch of meter saved up that you could have used to keep Kano guessing with mix-ups like 2 - EX Roll, B21 - EX Roll, F34 - EX Roll, when you have meter they have to respect EX Roll including when they knock you down, just don't use it in all of your strings as soon as you get a bar because it's -31 on block so guess wrong and you get rekt

-Less Ball Roll wake-up, remember it's also -31 on block

-Use B12 in the neutral for footsies (B22 for Ethereal and Ravenous if you use those variations)

JerzeyReign

-Start using throws way more often (run up throw, wake-up throw if they're expecting Ball Roll, etc.)

-Learn the B34 bnb's (http://testyourmight.com/threads/toss-out-your-old-bnbs-more-damage-options-and-mixups.52303/)

-I noticed you did a lot of unsafe TK's to try to get in when you were fullscreen, you have other options (build meter with sais, run in, etc.)

-You were playing safe sometimes when you didn't need to, specifically when Kano had no meter and you knocked him down, you're free to pressure him in this situation and not just with F12

-Use EX Roll more often, I saw you had a bunch of meter saved up that you could have used to keep Kano guessing with mix-ups like 2 - EX Roll, B21 - EX Roll, F34 - EX Roll, when you have meter they have to respect EX Roll including when they knock you down, just don't use it in all of your strings as soon as you get a bar because it's -31 on block so guess wrong and you get rekt

-Less Ball Roll wake-up, remember it's also -31 on block

-Use B12 in the neutral for footsies (B22 for Ethereal and Ravenous if you use those variations)
Thanks! Some of the things you pointed out are things I recognize as well but can't stop, example, the wake up ball roll. I know I shouldn't do it but I still do and I get punished for it every time.

I appreciate the tips and they are going to be placed in my mental library.

iVital

Noob

Some footage I recorded late last night, critiquing would be gladly appreciated. It was online and the Lag was real last night so I couldn't react to Sub's B2 :(

Edit: Sound kicks in around 3:30ish, I had my Headset in lol.

Last edited:
Here's some matches from a recent FT20 I had with my main offline training partner. I started learning Ethereal to try and make use of all the new strats that were recently discovered. But I haven't quite gotten comfortable with the combo changes and panic buttons yet. (I feel like I play Ethereal like Piercing, lol.) Anyway, I ended up winning the set 20-17, but it was close and I tried to pick the best fights to showcase.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

GQJ

Noob
Here's some matches from a recent FT20 I had with my main offline training partner. I started learning Ethereal to try and make use of all the new strats that were recently discovered. But I haven't quite gotten comfortable with the combo changes and panic buttons yet. (I feel like I play Ethereal like Piercing, lol.) Anyway, I ended up winning the set 20-17, but it was close and I tried to pick the best fights to showcase.

Part 1
I noticed in part 1 you neutral ducked (around 9:15). Was that to test Jacqui's reaction to the teleport? Because you caught him a couple time with the raw TK.

I noticed in part 1 you neutral ducked (around 9:15). Was that to test Jacqui's reaction to the teleport? Because you caught him a couple time with the raw TK.
I was probably trying to avoid her Machine Gun. I guess it does look like I'm going for TK... maybe I can keep that in mind.

Reactions: GQJ
This weekend, I did a solid Online set with a buddy of mine. The first match I'm Kitana, but switch to Mileena for the remaining nine.

This weekend, I did a solid Online set with a buddy of mine. The first match I'm Kitana, but switch to Mileena for the remaining nine.

Well, these were fun to watch. I can tell you both aren't all that experienced yet, but there were some good things there.

The Good:
- Really liked how you handled jump-ins for the most part. Either by doing Uppercuts, or just using Roll to escape.
- At about 20 mins in, you finally began properly using sais in the midrange game.
When you were tossing Sais from fullscreen, Law would just neutral duck without a care. And just that little hop forward made him uncomfortable sitting there, allowing you to hit with sais more often. I like to think of Sais as a full screen jab. (An extension of yourself, basically). Meaning, you want to use it as a way to control the space just outside your longest ranged normals. As tempting as throwing sais may be, you don't want to be predictable with your projectiles. (And this goes for your friend too).

Things to work on:
- The Neutral/Midrange game.
Already talked about sais, but you don't always have to cross the screen with Rolls and jumps. Walking back and forth is an effective & a lot less risky way to gain ground. There was one game you literally could've won by just walking into Law's space and waiting for his Divekicks. Which brings me to my next point.

- Combos and Punishment
You really need to get these down, as not punishing things and getting good damage will cost you games. Likewise, you were getting away with a lot of Rolls because Law wasn't punishing well either. (He finally started Uppercutting towards the last few.) There's no need to commit to 123~Roll on block since 123 by itself gives you better offensive pressure. On hit you should be able to confirm the Roll. But it is online so I'll assume lag was a problem.

Hope that helps. Keep posting vids when you can.

Well, these were fun to watch. I can tell you both aren't all that experienced yet, but there were some good things there.

The Good:
- Really liked how you handled jump-ins for the most part. Either by doing Uppercuts, or just using Roll to escape.
- At about 20 mins in, you finally began properly using sais in the midrange game.
When you were tossing Sais from fullscreen, Law would just neutral duck without a care. And just that little hop forward made him uncomfortable sitting there, allowing you to hit with sais more often. I like to think of Sais as a full screen jab. (An extension of yourself, basically). Meaning, you want to use it as a way to control the space just outside your longest ranged normals. As tempting as throwing sais may be, you don't want to be predictable with your projectiles. (And this goes for your friend too).

Things to work on:
- The Neutral/Midrange game.
Already talked about sais, but you don't always have to cross the screen with Rolls and jumps. Walking back and forth is an effective & a lot less risky way to gain ground. There was one game you literally could've won by just walking into Law's space and waiting for his Divekicks. Which brings me to my next point.

- Combos and Punishment
You really need to get these down, as not punishing things and getting good damage will cost you games. Likewise, you were getting away with a lot of Rolls because Law wasn't punishing well either. (He finally started Uppercutting towards the last few.) There's no need to commit to 123~Roll on block since 123 by itself gives you better offensive pressure. On hit you should be able to confirm the Roll. But it is online so I'll assume lag was a problem.

Hope that helps. Keep posting vids when you can.
Thanks very much for the feedback! You are correct, in terms of actual competition, we're not that experienced yet; I mainly play against the AI myself.

To comment on some of your comments:

- Yeah, Roll is an excellent escape move, as well as offensive. Loved it like that since the last game.
- For Sai tossing, sometimes I use it at full screen to build metre, and at that distance even (full screen), Online people will often try to do something unsafe after the first few because I'm "spamming" and it makes them angry. I also use it a bit like this to build Metre. I'll try from more midrange more as you suggest next time and see how that goes.

- Yeah, of the three losses, two I should have not lost. For his Dive Kicks, I often failed to punish regardless because my MKII (Uppercut) tech would whiff. I kept forgetting High Pounce is a safer, solid Online-based punish for that.

- Online lag was indeed a problem, and many of the 1,2,3~rolls I wouldn't be doing Offline. General execution I'm better at Offline since I can properly hit confirm. You'll notice in this vid there were many times I simply did 1,2,3, with no roll, or F2, 3, 4 instead of canceling into a roll? It's because I find with Online it's commit or not period, so I do my best to guess and read. Sometimes it worked, other times blow up. If you look a few vids down in my channel, you'll see a Mileena Kombo Video 3. Those I can execute quite reliably Offline, save for the one starting in F1,2, B4; that one I still need to work on my execution for. Being Online though, I'll go for safer things though.

I'll keep posting videos as I play more though, and looking forward to more feedback! Thanks again!

Yeah, of the three losses, two I should have not lost. For his Dive Kicks, I often failed to punish regardless because my MKII (Uppercut) tech would whiff. I kept forgetting High Pounce is a safer, solid Online-based punish for that.
You can just Roll punish divekicks on block. Roll~b3,4~Sai~F2,3~Pounce.
You might be able to get higher damage than that, but I dunno if F23 will punish.

You can just Roll punish divekicks on block. Roll~b3,4~Sai~F2,3~Pounce.
You might be able to get higher damage than that, but I dunno if F23 will punish.
Good stuff, thanks!

Also, Offline, I barely use X-Rays, where Online I use them in every match or so. Ironically, the tracking on Mileena's X-Ray, and it's less than perfect tracking ability, cost me a match :p. I usually save the Metre for Breakers or enhanced Rolls.

One problem with my execution overall that I've always had with the game is mid-string, I find specials sometimes far harder to get to come out; where the game is really unforgiving of the input. Outside of strings, no issues. I've tried with Input Short Cuts Off and On (presently I have them Off), and same deal.

Basically, I find it doesn't like thumb rolls on the pad, and I actually need to properly press D, B for a Pounce, for example.

I thought it was my controller at first, but I go back to Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, and it's fine.

It's something I'm still adapting to, more with Kitana now that I'm learning her.

JerzeyReign

Looking at this and looking at my play now, sheesh, I was a low tier scrub for real lol. Two months later I'm proud to say I'm now a upper low tier scrub :)

Last edited: