What's new

Mileena Kameo Pairings

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Let's discuss what each Kameo brings to Mileena's game. She works well with most Kameos, but I think a few of them outshine the rest regarding what tools they give her. I only have extensive experience with these three, so y'all give me your thoughts on the rest!

Kung Lao:
  • Low hat gives her a true 50/50, but the timing on releasing low hat is hard because if you release it within 3-4 frames of the overhead, the game will auto fuzzy the HTB.
  • Full screen quick recharge projectile with low hat.
  • Safe teleports/ball rolls with low hat hold.
Cyrax:
  • Amazing block pressure (like everyone else).
  • Gives you the ability to combo off a lot of her strings like F144, F242, etc.,
  • Can combo off kopter with 12 on hit (hilarious).
  • Can use kopter for more damage off EX ball roll.
  • Net to trade full screen, but it's a bit slow.
Sub-Zero:
  • Easy hit confirm combos into freeze.
  • Safe pushback pressure with shoulder charge (but she already has that with F242).
  • Projectile protection which is great for her.
I used Cyrax in the KL last night for the first time, went 7-0 in Grand Master. He's busted with anyone lmao.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I strongly feel Stryker is fantastic as a kameo

- You have a safe plus on block 50/50 that's easy to active with 12 without fear of being flawless blocked

- You can call out grenades anytime you think they will get up because it has 2 hits, so it breaks armor. For example, you can do your mileena combo and end in F4, call out grenades, and do that slow ass F242. If it hits, cool. If it's blocked, +2 and keep the offense going. Or if you're seeing the grenades and F2 hit, you can F24 mileena ball and combo

- Grenades will cover ex BF1 sais, roll, teleport where you can't be punished (this does not work full screen, but so what)

- Mileena alone with or without meter does above average damage so IMO, unless it benefits your playstyle, his lack of adding damage in combos is irrelevant

- Interesting interaction: If you do 12, up assist (overhead), and they mash D1 after (even JC's 6f 1), do a slight backdash, their D1 will hit stryker and you can hit confirm a 12 combo. I don't care if stryker gets hit if I can get 300+ or 400+ with meter (I know this was a lot of word vomit but if you want a vid of what this looks like I'll gladly post it upon request)

- If you do let's say 12 overhead assist on block, if you mash d3, it will completely stuff their D1 (except johnny cage's 6f d1 and lei mei's metered 6f reversal)

Alright so this will depend on your playstyle but I like safety and pressure as opposed to higher damage so this so far is my favorite kameo with Mileena

Last edited:
As much as I love Scorpion Kameo for big damage (even after the recent patch), I feel like I'll need to find another pairing for her in certain matchups. Particularly one that makes things safe for her like Goro or Lao. Are there any other Kameos I'm missing? I've tried Goro and Lao and they feel okay, but I'm hoping for one that offers a bit more kombo extension.

Last edited:

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Curious where we are at with kameo experimentation for Mileena.
I feel right now kano is the winner.
found some usefull block strings with knife toss and 50/50 setups that are pretty safe.

i’ll see if i can figure out how to record something on ps5 to post here. I’d appreciate some advice on this

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Curious where we are at with kameo experimentation for Mileena.
I feel right now kano is the winner.
found some usefull block strings with knife toss and 50/50 setups that are pretty safe.

i’ll see if i can figure out how to record something on ps5 to post here. I’d appreciate some advice on this
Im 1000% on Stryker and loving it. Hes being slept on so bad

I think Mileena's best Kameos are:
Kung Lao, probably her best and easiest Kameo to capitalize on:
His hat gives her safety on her strings, at high level her staple move 12 is double flawless block punishable by entire roster. The low hat can destroy that attempt. If you hold it she gets in for free and has a get out of jail card. Not to mention it sets up nasty HTB's that start low, OH or OH, Low and they can be 2 frame fuzzy guarded but you have to block the first hit right or it's 45% or potentially more in corner. It also gives her great zoning option pairs with her teleports and it makes her Yolo stuff semi safe if you mix it up with timings.

Stryker:
He can fill in holes and make unsafe moves safe that also launch anywhere but especially in the corner. Gives her the option to Restand. Her mix is frametrap hit/throw.

Jax:
Unblockable setups, high damage extensions. Conversion off her EX Sai, EX ball roll, her F144(Mid to low) and her F2433. Also make her 12 not flawless punished with Jax Mid swipe as well as unblockable setups.
Sektor does the same and even has a kind of OS where missiles give a frame trap on block and crazy combo DMG on hit. It's kind of like Cyrax if it's timed right and crazy plus if you mix it up.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Thanks for these breakdowns, knew about the others besides Jax so will check him out.
Can’t deny how effective Lao is for how easy he is to slap on any character.
Will post some Kano stuff I been having fun with

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
How are you using the grenades with her?
I throw grenades and either mileena roll or teleport.

You can also throw grenades on their wakeup too and just start poking, the grenades hits twice and will destroy their getup armor move minus Havik.

Just don't do this max full screen and you're good, 3/4 of the screen and closer. Play with the timing in training mode. I can't go back to any other kameo now

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Thanks for these breakdowns, knew about the others besides Jax so will check him out.
Can’t deny how effective Lao is for how easy he is to slap on any character.
Will post some Kano stuff I been having fun with
Edit:
sadly found some holes in the kano tech so removed my post for now
Hitboxes in nrs games are strange

Last edited:
I strongly feel Stryker is fantastic as a kameo

- You have a safe plus on block 50/50 that's easy to active with 12 without fear of being flawless blocked

- You can call out grenades anytime you think they will get up because it has 2 hits, so it breaks armor. For example, you can do your mileena combo and end in F4, call out grenades, and do that slow ass F242. If it hits, cool. If it's blocked, +2 and keep the offense going. Or if you're seeing the grenades and F2 hit, you can F24 mileena ball and combo

- Grenades will cover ex BF1 sais, roll, teleport where you can't be punished (this does not work full screen, but so what)

- Mileena alone with or without meter does above average damage so IMO, unless it benefits your playstyle, his lack of adding damage in combos is irrelevant

- Interesting interaction: If you do 12, up assist (overhead), and they mash D1 after (even JC's 6f 1), do a slight backdash, their D1 will hit stryker and you can hit confirm a 12 combo. I don't care if stryker gets hit if I can get 300+ or 400+ with meter (I know this was a lot of word vomit but if you want a vid of what this looks like I'll gladly post it upon request)

- If you do let's say 12 overhead assist on block, if you mash d3, it will completely stuff their D1 (except johnny cage's 6f d1 and lei mei's metered 6f reversal)

Alright so this will depend on your playstyle but I like safety and pressure as opposed to higher damage so this so far is my favorite kameo with Mileena
Can you post a video please? I'm having such a hard time transitioning from scorpion after only using him since launch lol the 50/50s are really nice but I'm struggling to understand how/when to use his grenades.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Found some holes in my initial Kano pressure but this stuff works.
will also add the “tech” that essentially becomes a gimmick if the opponent knows how to properly block the third hit of 12.

this is not a Kano-is-the-best-kameo-for-Mileena-take but there’s some good stuff with him.
Got inspired to lab Kano after watching @Evil Canadian starter guide on Mileena so want to give credit to him.

These two setups are from his guide

Similar idea but higher reward on the overhead

In the corner you don’t need to set it up and can summon blades as you press standing 1. The “gimmick” I mentioned earlier is also shown in this video. If they block the third hit of 12 standing you are plus a million and can even jail f2. Even on flawless block they have to take it. However, This completely falls apart if they crouch block the third hit.

Ambush Kano ball can be set up as you input 12 to protect it from flawless block attempts. If they really want to blow it up they will need to flawless block and use armor

If u land a d4 you get to jail 34, with Kano you can get more out of this situation. Blocking the overhead allows high plus frames (at least +18). Getting hit low results in a full combo so smart opponents will start intentionally taking the overhead. Once that is established you can just stagger 3 and get creative

21~1+3 becomes more fun with Kano as well.
They can armor in the middle of the string but that doesn’t really help them. Blocking the overheads equals high plus frames. The low option can result in a full launch. Here you can get creative again once they are scared enough.

Just to show the “fake” pressure again , if they don’t know they should crouch block the third hit of 12, you can do some pretty ignorant stuff with blades. You can hit confirm into up teleport and on block you can do what you want

similar to Lao, Kano offers on demand flexibility to plug holes, create plus frames scenario’s and mix, albeit with a bit higher execution and significantly weaker zoning.

Sektor is a lot better for armor breaking setups but Mileena already has f4, he can do everything Kano does but up rocket requires more setup to pull it off.

That’s kind of my reasoning why Kano has underrated synergy with her but will experiment with Jax and Stryker as I haven’t explored them yet with Mileena

Last edited:
Reactions: JDE

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Can you post a video please? I'm having such a hard time transitioning from scorpion after only using him since launch lol the 50/50s are really nice but I'm struggling to understand how/when to use his grenades.
I'll do this tonight you got it!

I'll do this tonight you got it!
Yessss thank you take your time! I was messing around a little bit w him last night and while I think I understand the theory, I was having no luck w execution. And there is like 1 video online where someone uses stryker w her haha

I wanted to main stryker since he was announced, but his moves never made a lot of sense to me (probably because I was prioritizing max damage instead of staying safe) so I'm actually really excited to give him an honest shot :)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Yessss thank you take your time! I was messing around a little bit w him last night and while I think I understand the theory, I was having no luck w execution. And there is like 1 video online where someone uses stryker w her haha

I wanted to main stryker since he was announced, but his moves never made a lot of sense to me (probably because I was prioritizing max damage instead of staying safe) so I'm actually really excited to give him an honest shot :)
I for sure am guilty of not exploring him immediately like I wanted to. I just jumped right into KL because he was just so brainless (prepatch) and had everything I wanted.

I personally don't use the stryker restand option, I don't see where to put it as I end my combos in F4 personally.

Here are ideas for grenades

1. You end a combo with F4, call out grenades and you can safely start poking. The grenades hits twice so it will destroy armor and you are now most likely hit confirming your combo with a simple 12
  2. If you want to get in, you can tap the grenades assist button, then simply teleport and the 2 grenades will cover you for safety, it's the same theory as sektor rocket, if they try to punish they are gonna get clapped
  3. If you like doing her BF1 ex (full screen sais that combo), if its blocked, throw out grenades

I for sure am guilty of not exploring him immediately like I wanted to. I just jumped right into KL because he was just so brainless (prepatch) and had everything I wanted.

I personally don't use the stryker restand option, I don't see where to put it as I end my combos in F4 personally.

Here are ideas for grenades

1. You end a combo with F4, call out grenades and you can safely start poking. The grenades hits twice so it will destroy armor and you are now most likely hit confirming your combo with a simple 12
  2. If you want to get in, you can tap the grenades assist button, then simply teleport and the 2 grenades will cover you for safety, it's the same theory as sektor rocket, if they try to punish they are gonna get clapped
  3. If you like doing her BF1 ex (full screen sais that combo), if its blocked, throw out grenades
Amazing thank you! After some labbing it's definitely starting to click and I'm definitely seeing the appeal. I just trolled tf out of a Johnny and it felt real nice haha