What's new

Mileena Buffs Suggestions

Death

Noob
Alright Mileena isn't that good. Lets face it Mileena players. What type of buffs do you think she would need in order for her to compete with the best characters. I feel this character is ranked anywhere from 18-19 and has at least 8 bad MUs. I'll list a couple important things this character needs.

1) D+1 +1 on hit and vs crouching opponents as well. I hardly call this a buff. Every character SHOULD have this. Right now this move is useless.

2) Armor on EX Neckbite and make it -3 on block. Make regular Neckbite -3 as well.

3) Make her X-ray an overhead. Make it 5 frames safer. -7 on block rather than -12

4) Damage buff. Possibly 3-4% more on her BnBs (Optional)

First 3 buffs would really help her game. It wouldn't make her OP at all. I still wouldn't think shes top 10 after the buffs. 4th buff is optional. It isn't needed but would be nice to get some damage. She cant even get 30% off an AA and thats her game -__-.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Or we could not and just realize that like all games, some characters out perform others.

And before you fire back:
Yes I play kenshi, I picked him up before everyone realized how good he was, but I'm a crap player so it doesn't matter.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
mileena imo is a really balanced character...her d1 def could be better and neckbite neutral on block would be okay...maybe give f2 a purpose?? my bf mains her and thats all her ever complains about

Death

Noob
mileena imo is a really balanced character...her d1 def could be better and neckbite neutral on block would be okay...maybe give f2 a purpose?? my bf mains her and thats all her ever complains about
EX Telekick being an overhead is more of a wishlist kind of thing. Armor on ex neckbite and it being neutral on block would help this character, but she would still be okay.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
3) Make 2nd hit of EX Telekick an overhead. This would mean it would have to be blocked standing and the sai would make it safe. But nerf the adv on the air sai to where this move isnt adv everytime its thrown out. Make air sai neutral on block.
You want to get in on Freddy, Kabal, and Kenshi for free? Get out of here, fool.

The two other buffs are reasonable, though. Also, maybe less start up frames on Sais, so she can zone Cage and Sonya a little bit better.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I agree with all 3 easily but air sai blocked up close could still be advantage. I wouldn't mind if the advantage was taken away if its only after a ex telekick and then sai but jump kick to air sai should still be advantage if blocked

Death

Noob
I agree with all 3 easily but air sai blocked up close could still be advantage. I wouldn't mind if the advantage was taken away if its only after a ex telekick and then sai but jump kick to air sai should still be advantage if blocked
Like Dave said that would be dumb. Getting in for free with adv. It probably should be -3 or -4 on block So mileena is stuck in a block string. But the third one was only if she doesnt get armor. If Mileena does get armor on ex neckbite and its neutral than shes a lot better. Shed still not be that great but better.

If she had all 4 i listed she would be top 10 lol. Theres characters that are way more fucked up than if Mileena had all 4 things i listed.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
3) Make 2nd hit of EX Telekick an overhead. This would mean it would have to be blocked standing and the sai would make it safe. But nerf the adv on the air sai to where this move isnt adv everytime its thrown out. Make air sai neutral on block
That would make her seriously overpowered...

Death

Noob
You want to get in on Freddy, Kabal, and Kenshi for free? Get out of here, fool.

The two other buffs are reasonable, though. Also, maybe less start up frames on Sais, so she can zone Cage and Sonya a little bit better.
Well if the air sai became -3 or -4 on block she stuck in a block string which is very reasonable. Alot more characters have much more fucked up shit. Trust me she needs it. She has the worst rushdown in the game. Her strings are ass. If she didnt get an armored neckbite then she for sure needs that.

Death

Noob
That would make her seriously overpowered...
How? It would still put her in a block string. And she doesnt want to be close to 90% of the cast. Her game is more of a distance game trying to bait mistakes. I only listed that just in case she doesnt get an armored neck bite. I said not all 3 but I can think of a bunch of characters having much more fucked up shit than that.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Mileena is dieing, and I've been thinking of buffs for a looong time.

I was always thinking about armor on Ex neckbite or at least it being neutral on block.

Roll hitting low would be kinda OP but meh.

Second hit of EX Tele seems pretty reasonable to me, but a lot of people would bitch.

Her main issue is armor though, if you can use EX neckbite to get through at least one projectile that's all she would need to compete a bit at least. I feel as though I need to take far too many risks when playing her.

The only use for F2 is to end a combo with if you wanna put someone at full screen like Cage or Sonya for example, I've been doing her regular BnB but after the roll just do F2+Sai.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The b2 normal should damage buff her combos when ended in neck bite by a larger scale and do a 1% health loss per 2 seconds until she uses her breaker or does any sai move and regains the sai.

:ex neck bite should be armored and do way more damage when combo ended.

IAF's shoud recover a little quicker, making them more of a feature.

:ex sai's should frame trap at +5 on a standing opponent, on block.

:x should be overhead and allow a combo afterwards, like her beta :x, also -6 on block.

Slight damage buff 3-4% on B&B's

:ex tele kick should be overhead on second hit, this simply allows her in with an air sai hit confirmed on block.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Like Dave said that would be dumb. Getting in for free with adv. It probably should be -3 or -4 on block So mileena is stuck in a block string. But the third one was only if she doesnt get armor. If Mileena does get armor on ex neckbite and its neutral than shes a lot better. Shed still not be that great but better.
You can have that buff. I do not care, but if we are buffing every character to the max, I would like old glove toss and old spikes. LOL.

Death

Noob
Mileena is dieing, and I've been thinking of buffs for a looong time.

I was always thinking about armor on Ex neckbite or at least it being neutral on block.

Roll hitting low would be kinda OP but meh.

Second hit of EX Tele seems pretty reasonable to me, but a lot of people would bitch.

Her main issue is armor though, if you can use EX neckbite to get through at least one projectile that's all she would need to compete a bit at least. I feel as though I need to take far too many risks when playing her.

The only use for F2 is to end a combo with if you wanna put someone at full screen like Cage or Sonya for example, I've been doing her regular BnB but after the roll just do F2+Sai.
Roll hitting low wouldnt be that OP. If they removed the overhead factor on ex ball and just made it low for regular and ex. I am not even trolling either. A lot more characters have more fucked up shit. Roll is still like negative 40 on block..

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
was just talking about this with one of my mates...

yea armor on ex neckbite would help alot with the cage rapes,no more having to use 3 bars against frametraps, i wouldnt be too upset if she got it and it stayed at -11 either,id see that as fair then

100 times yes to number 2, her d1 no doubt is worst in game, crap range(even for a d1) and -6 to -8 on hit,ON HIT!
as you said there is no reason to ever use this normal

since ya said 2 out of the 3 id pick those 2, even though its been said before about the ex tele being overhead, not something id really beg for and id feel those two things would be enough to help her out.
getting rid of the sai adv i wouldnt like at all though

by the way didnt u say u dropped mileena for all but the kabal MU?

Death

Noob
was just talking about this with one of my mates...

yea armor on ex neckbite would help alot with the cage rapes,no more having to use 3 bars against frametraps, i wouldnt be too upset if she got it and it stayed at -11 either,id see that as fair then

100 times yes to number 2, her d1 no doubt is worst in game, crap range(even for a d1) and -6 to -8 on hit,ON HIT!
as you said there is no reason to ever use this normal

since ya said 2 out of the 3 id pick those 2, even though its been said before about the ex tele being overhead, not something id really beg for and id feel those two things would be enough to help her out.
getting rid of the sai adv i wouldnt like at all though

by the way didnt u say u dropped mileena for all but the kabal MU?
Yeah i got some interesting shit for Kabal. I feel like out of all the characters I'm good with Mileena is the best choice. I have a good KL too. I'm levelling up my KL as well but I think Kabal rapes KL. Sonya/Kabal is not winnable. That MU is so fucked up.

But back to what you were saying. D+1 is dumb. It should be like +1 or +2 on hit. Armor on neckbite and it being neutral on block would be the best buff for her. It being neutral still isn't bad because of how slow her strings are. She couldnt even really follow up with anything. The extelekick overhead is just a wishlist or something she should get for justifying her not having armor.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The b2 normal should damage buff her combos when ended in neck bite by a larger scale and do a 1% health loss per 2 seconds until she uses her breaker or does any sai move and regains the sai.

:ex neck bite should be armored and do way more damage when combo ended.

IAF's shoud recover a little quicker, making them more of a feature.

:ex sai's should frame trap at +5

:x should be overhead and allow a combo afterwards, like her beta :x

Slight damage scale 3-5% on B&B's

:ex tele kick should be overhead on second hit, this simply allows her in.
so u think ex bite shouldnt scale on much as a combo ended?

id like to see iasai's recover a tad faster alright,just a tad

u talking about ex ground sais yes? that would be handy alright, be just like telekick to sai on block with the cost of a meter,sound fair

how would the xray being a overhead count? like would like if she could get a roll after that knee

when u say 3-5% on bnbs, u mean taken off or added on?

as i said im not too pushed on the ex tele being overhead on 2nd hit, would u think this would still be fair if the adv from follow up air sai stays the same?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yeah i got some interesting shit for Kabal. I feel like out of all the characters I'm good with Mileena is the best choice. I have a good KL too. I'm levelling up my KL as well but I think Kabal rapes KL. Sonya/Kabal is not winnable. That MU is so fucked up.

But back to what you were saying. D+1 is dumb. It should be like +1 or +2 on hit. Armor on neckbite and it being neutral on block would be the best buff for her. It being neutral still isn't bad because of how slow her strings are. She couldnt even really follow up with anything. The extelekick overhead is just a wishlist or something she should get for justifying her not having armor.
If the :ex neck bite was Armoured that would be great, but it should be -5 on block so if you guess wrong, you have to either burn another :ex neck bite or take the opponents block string. That would be very fair.

Death

Noob
If the :ex neck bite was Armoured that would be great, but it should be -5 on block so if you guess wrong, you have to either burn another :ex neck bite or take the opponents block string. That would be very fair.
Agreed. She needs armor for sure. Armor on neckbite and -5 and a adv D+1 on hit would help big time.