What's new

Mid-Tier Mayhem - Crisis Point [Real Mans Man, Our Scene Today, The Future, Kate Upton]

Did you enjoy the return of Mid-Tier Mayhem and want more episodes in the future?

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Around the time Tom Brady was being sympathized with for not being able to get games, I had to turn it off. Tom lives in an area filled with players and never goes to locals or even casuals gatherings, and even smashed his pad at CEO then went on the stream and talked about how disappointed he was that he “couldn’t compete”. Delusion is the only thing that is preventing him from “getting games”.

Have you guys been to any majors lately? No one is in a dour mood or suggests that things are toxic. Everyone seems to be having a good time, laughing, and playing casual games…pretty much everything that was in the “olden” days. What’s changed? I went to tournaments for both games and I have noticed almost no difference other than the top players being different, that’s about it.

The problem I keep having is that you guys are pretty much the biggest spreaders of negativity, but then push all the negative parts of the forums off on the “Hollywood” top players. Who are these poor victims, told they are scrubs and to never return again? And even better, who are these players writing them off like they are nothing (and is not P2W)?

Moreover, the rose colored look at the MK days is pretty interesting. I might be remembering poorly, but I do remember heated rivalries between West and East, a top player being called a fraud for losing (PL) and forum regulating. NOTHING has changed, except now the game “sucks”, so everyone’s super bitter. I don’t understand where you guys are coming from.

I don’t think any of these “top players” and “mean girls” that you complain about are really so untouchable; if you go to a tournament, these guys are generally running casuals, watching matches and participating in the fun. No one is being isolated, no one is being blown up, none of the fears you guys are relating are even remotely true at tournaments, so why be AFRAID to go?

Even the forums, like I don’t see what is bad. Guys like Ra Helios, who go on and on about their online sets and don’t play offline are rightfully criticized for their incorrect assumptions about matchups. Chance, you yourself were spamming the forums with the idea that Adam was whack and “The Jade of the game”, when he was broken and almost responsible for killing it. Basically people are getting ribbed for saying outlandish and goofy statements, and then everyone goes back to not caring who posts what.

It’s almost like you guys put a TON of stock into these attacks that you see as personal, when really most are just getting your goat for being silly. And every time someone calls you out on the silly goose-ery, you guys pull the mean girls card and start playing the victim. You can’t have your cake and eat it. If someone asks how Chris G can place as high as he does with Arrow when no one else can, why immediately jump to being offended? I don’t understand.

Part of being competitors is being proud, and everyone really does think they know best and gets angry when people assume they don’t. You can’t acknowledge that you want to see MM’s and things settled “IN GAME” yet at the same time discourage shit talk and rival scenes. It’s completely bass ackwards. This sounds like the rhetoric of someone who’s not going to these tournametns and seeing that nothing has changed and only view the forums and everything as super serious business.

Is the current talk bleak? Yeah, but it’s not community killing like you guys are threatening and it’s really annoying that you guys spread doom and gloom and then point the blame on all these issues that really aren’t as big as you claim.

There is a huge difference between the attitudes of our current scene, and one of a healthy one. That's all I will say on the matter. Everything else I feel we fleshed out in the podcast.

For the record, the words "Mean Girls" was never even once dropped on the podcast. Don't think this was targeting Pig or Bit. We actually praised them in numerous ways throughout the podcast and only talked about any of them in a negative way for MAYBE a second before quickly moving on. We do not do this show to even talk about the top players. We just deviated from our script a little bit due to the topics of the current forums.

We do not aim to divide, we just want to provide a voice for those who currently do not have one. In our opinions, forums where someone cannot speak or share anything because the environment is one of scrutiny and judgement, are not healthy. We want to remind EVERYONE that forums are there for all to use.

Some of the MK talk may be rose coloured glasses for sure, most things nostalgic are, but I have no doubt that if someone were to start up a project such as Mortal Monday today, you would not see near the support from all involved. That's the difference. Back then, that entire project was a community collaboration, and it was awesome. Now a days, who would honestly do the main events online? What team would be assembled and unbiased enough to do fair events?

I am not tooting my own horn, and I beg you not to take the above paragraph as such...it was just an absolutely phenominal time to be apart of this community. Everyone was into it, everyone was sharing videos and having fun. It wasn't until the end of MK9's life that things started to get very toxic.

One final thing.

We really don't spread "doom and gloom". We are actually very positive on the show. We also don't attribute anything we talk about on the shoulders of any one individual. We are just as responsible as anyone else. If we come off any different than that, than we appologize as it's not our intention with the show.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to listen and posting your feedback tho. It was constructive and very helpful for future episodes.

Chance

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I have to re listen to what we were saying, but no not "marvel" levels, I'll actually come back to this after I listen
Not marvel levels.

Before injustice dropped, there was a huge NRS vs Capcom rivalry. We failed to capitalize on that and draw in new players and top players from those scenes in a permanent fashion.

Perhaps that was the games fault, but everyone was so hostile during that time period as well. We had P.R. Balrog for a while, and we did get Rico, but we lost Floe, Wong, and others that did have a general interest in the game.

As I said, that may be the game's fault itself tho...I just think we all could have done a little bit better integrating another scene into the mix.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yo @KingHippo

You want on the show? I just thought I would offer. We really want guys who are willing to speak exactly what they feel.

You, @GGA Saucy Jack , @Qwark28 and all others are welcome anytime you wish. I'm sure it would be a great episode!
It kinda looks like hippo can only be on the show once a month, when he gets real crabbie, he sure has alot to say sometimes.

I wanna talk about tripe with him.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Wait a second, are you guys serious? You seriously are trying to have credibility as "Mid-tier voices" after your co-host Murphy said this?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/this-needs-to-be-said.44160/page-10#post-1405787

...and you both "liked" it at the bottom? I mean don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining here fellas.
I think you missed the point of what he was writing. He was using we as a moniker for the general community not us.

Regardless, you can't half like posts lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Wait a second, are you guys serious? You seriously are trying to have credibility as "Mid-tier voices" after your co-host Murphy said this?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/this-needs-to-be-said.44160/page-10#post-1405787

...and you both "liked" it at the bottom? I mean don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining here fellas.
I haven't been on the show for a reason...... mainly because I have no interest in talking about anything they want to talk about.

Nothing i said in that post is wrong. I've yet to see anyone do anything selflessly for NRS games to push them forward without doing something to hold them back (in a tournament context).
Nothing has changed in the "2nd" go around with an NRS tourney game. Not a single thing.

No one cares about each other... they only care about what you think of them.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I haven't been on the show for a reason...... mainly because I have no interest in talking about anything they want to talk about.

Nothing i said in that post is wrong. I've yet to see anyone do anything selflessly for NRS games to push them forward without doing something to hold them back (in a tournament context).
Nothing has changed in the "2nd" go around with an NRS tourney game. Not a single thing.

No one cares about each other... they only care about what you think of them.
But I do actually care about these two guys, so yeah..... when I said "we" in that post...... it was a general consensus of "everyone who posts here"

I generalized the entire forum. I didn't mean "we" as in MTM.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Around the time Tom Brady was being sympathized with for not being able to get games, I had to turn it off. Tom lives in an area filled with players and never goes to locals or even casuals gatherings, and even smashed his pad at CEO then went on the stream and talked about how disappointed he was that he “couldn’t compete”. Delusion is the only thing that is preventing him from “getting games”.

Have you guys been to any majors lately? No one is in a dour mood or suggests that things are toxic. Everyone seems to be having a good time, laughing, and playing casual games…pretty much everything that was in the “olden” days. What’s changed? I went to tournaments for both games and I have noticed almost no difference other than the top players being different, that’s about it.

The problem I keep having is that you guys are pretty much the biggest spreaders of negativity, but then push all the negative parts of the forums off on the “Hollywood” top players. Who are these poor victims, told they are scrubs and to never return again? And even better, who are these players writing them off like they are nothing (and is not P2W)?

Moreover, the rose colored look at the MK days is pretty interesting. I might be remembering poorly, but I do remember heated rivalries between West and East, a top player being called a fraud for losing (PL) and forum regulating. NOTHING has changed, except now the game “sucks”, so everyone’s super bitter. I don’t understand where you guys are coming from.

I don’t think any of these “top players” and “mean girls” that you complain about are really so untouchable; if you go to a tournament, these guys are generally running casuals, watching matches and participating in the fun. No one is being isolated, no one is being blown up, none of the fears you guys are relating are even remotely true at tournaments, so why be AFRAID to go?

Even the forums, like I don’t see what is bad. Guys like Ra Helios, who go on and on about their online sets and don’t play offline are rightfully criticized for their incorrect assumptions about matchups. Chance, you yourself were spamming the forums with the idea that Adam was whack and “The Jade of the game”, when he was broken and almost responsible for killing it. Basically people are getting ribbed for saying outlandish and goofy statements, and then everyone goes back to not caring who posts what.

It’s almost like you guys put a TON of stock into these attacks that you see as personal, when really most are just getting your goat for being silly. And every time someone calls you out on the silly goose-ery, you guys pull the mean girls card and start playing the victim. You can’t have your cake and eat it. If someone asks how Chris G can place as high as he does with Arrow when no one else can, why immediately jump to being offended? I don’t understand.

Part of being competitors is being proud, and everyone really does think they know best and gets angry when people assume they don’t. You can’t acknowledge that you want to see MM’s and things settled “IN GAME” yet at the same time discourage shit talk and rival scenes. It’s completely bass ackwards. This sounds like the rhetoric of someone who’s not going to these tournametns and seeing that nothing has changed and only view the forums and everything as super serious business.

Is the current talk bleak? Yeah, but it’s not community killing like you guys are threatening and it’s really annoying that you guys spread doom and gloom and then point the blame on all these issues that really aren’t as big as you claim.
Thank you for sharing, I get it, you don't like us, but I find it nice that you follow us around TYM to make sure we and everyone else know it, I look forward to your next post about me :)