What's new

Mid - Low tier list discussion

Flagg

Noob
A couple weeks back I made a thread about wanting to do a low-mid tier tournie, I still want to do that but as most will understand, christmas is a busy time of year and I probably wont be able to do anything till January now. At least it's quieter then.

I am somewhat inspired by Shaolin 19 thread. In the mean time, I have a list of characters here, that I also included as the only characters available for this tournie I have in mind. Who do you guys think should go where, and a few suggestions as to why:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Noob Saibot
Rain
Mileena
Jade
CSZ
Sindel
Stryker
Kano
Nightwolf
Baraka
Quan Chi
Sheeva

I'm dubious about whether Rain or Mileena should be here, I think they are at least as good as Ermac, and everyone know's he is pretty good. But a lot of people downplay these two (except for Foxy and Rain, of course).

Thoughts anyone? Taking out Rain and Mileena, I think Scorpion, CSZ and Sindel are probably at the top of the pecking order here. I'm probably being biased to Kano, but I think Sheeva and probably Stryker are the two least viable characters here.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I think rain mil and sub would win this pretty free. Mil especially. I think this might be fun but i dont see the need for rain to be in it if characters like ermac, shang, and sektor arent and they are around the same on the tier list.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
You missed Sheeva. I'm gonna grab n punch people into oblivion. That or Ill get horribly crushed, one of the two.

Flagg

Noob
I think rain mil and sub would win this pretty free. Mil especially. I think this might be fun but i dont see the need for rain to be in it if characters like ermac, shang, and sektor arent and they are around the same on the tier list.
There's some not so great matches for Sub on that list. Yeah, I can see Rain and Mil having an easier time than most, but SZ? I think Sindel and NS are pretty horrendous matches for him. I think Scorpion and QC give him jip as well.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Even if Scorpion wins one of the tournies I don't think we'll ever know where he actually stands in this game as long as people refuse to take the matchup seriously. I.E. - "I was playing randoms in ranked online and poked out of Scorpion's 111 - automatic 7-3."

And even then, the matchups he does do well in might only be because the other player is undermining what to expect and doesn't know how to actually approach the way the matchup should be played.

Flagg

Noob
Scorpion is a bit like Cyrax, with less bullshit. If you get caught in one spear, you can eat big damage continuously, but you have a chance to end it once you're on the floor and reverse the tables.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
If we are taking bout mid-low chars tourney,wouldn't all mid tier chars beat the low tier chars 9 out 10 times???