What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Kisze

Noob
Fixed that for you.

Cloud computing is horseshit. It's not going to do anything like make your graphics better. You fell for marketing. The raw statistics are the only thing that is going to make any difference for 95% of the games period, and any game that will use cloud computing will use it only for a fraction of its overall feature set.
Sad to see people these days only care about graphics apparently. You think this is all about graphics? You definitely think you know more than you do and it's sad to see you can't even think outside the box (you're not alone though). Unlike you (Like I said earlier...) I reserve my judgement for when I can actually see what it does instead of sitting here speculating like it's fact. I bet you also thought the Oculus Rift would suck cause Nintendo Virtual Boy showed that Virtual Reality "is horseshit".

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
It's apparent that Xbox lost the crybabies at least :).

Actually, they might have just gained the call of duty crowd.

Then again... they get their mums to buy it so they'll see it $100 more expensive...

Kisze

Noob
Sad day for gaming, actually. Was really looking forward to effortlessly change games (no discs) and share my library with my friends and the fact that I wouldn't have to physically bring my games to my friends to play them. It's just a matter of time before physical media is dead and we start doing everything digitally. Sadly, that day is now even further into the future. Also I liked the choice of digital vs physical in xbox vs playstation but now it's just physical vs physical.

Sad day for gaming, actually. Was really looking forward to effortlessly change games (no discs) and share my library with my friends and the fact that I wouldn't have to physically bring my games to my friends to play them. It's just a matter of time before physical media is dead and we start doing everything digitally. Sadly, that day is now even further into the future. Also I liked the choice of digital vs physical in xbox vs playstation but now it's just physical vs physical.

The world wasn't ready.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Unless they keep digital prices at or under used games prices digital will never overtake physical owned copies...and they was what a lot of this was about...price control and ownership rights...
Sent under duress.

windsagio

Unique flower
You must be the unhappiest person on earth right now.

As a working stiff I'm kind fo sad they folded to the whiners, yeah. I honestly think what they were planning was better for everyone, and the fact that the combination of mainpulative bullcrap PR and ignorant whining makes me all kinds of sadface.

I'm just going to get this out of the way first, I'm a bad person, a horrible human being.

I'm kind of sad they are doing this, I was enjoying all the people dog piling on the xbox, it was like all the gamers in the world came together for one goal, shitting on MS.

I wanted to sit by and watch as a the xbox brand burned up in flames and 10+ years of hard work by MS is completely undone by a few insane business decisions.

However, it's probably for the best, because the general public would probably let me down anyway and it would still somehow be the best selling system on the market and set horrible precedent that ruined gaming forever.

Now if only Sony went back on their decision to charge for online multiplayer.
I hear you lol I agree with you but honestly M$ won't die because of this failure of a console...

People would disappoint you and I bet at least 40% of everyone saying they wouldn't get one will own one at somepoint

Kisze

Noob
Unless they keep digital prices at or under used games prices digital will never overtake physical owned copies...and they was what a lot of this was about...price control and ownership rights...

This is just false. Digital copies will be the norm. Though I do foresee a lot of people in this current generation rambling on about "the good old days with physical copies!" 20 years from now. People are just resistant to change, always have and always will be. Xbox was on the verge of bringing this new era to the consoles, but backed away in the end.

Seriously though, when was the last time you put a disc in the computer to play (not just install) a game? Imagine the hassle if you had to do that every time you wanted to change a game for your PC.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
This is just false. Digital copies will be the norm. Though I do foresee a lot of people in this current generation rambling on about "the good old days with physical copies!" 20 years from now. People are just resistant to change, always have and always will be. Xbox was on the verge of bringing this new era to the consoles, but backed away in the end.
I think digital stick when its cheaper to do so...not morre expensive...as it has with everything else..
Seriously though, when was the last time you put a disc in the computer to play (not just install) a game? Imagine the hassle if you had to do that every time you wanted to change a game for your PC.
I don't play games on PC...never liked it...personal reasons...
And no its not false and its not true...nothing is...and neither of us are fortune tellers...steam does well because of its sales...if xbox was not willing to do so the games that were $30 cheaper for ps4 would sell more...I never bought a full prive DL when I could get the same for 1/3 the price at a shop...you would have to be daft...

Sent under duress.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I hate the Internet. Nothing will change. The whiners have gotten what they want but are still getting a PS4 and the "console war" will continue here and every where else.

Just to add in some reading material: http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-just-got-way-worse-and-its-our-fault-514411905
I would argue (with the article) that it's not our fault at all. Clearly they had something else going on to second guess themselves. They were so adamant that they were changing the future of console gaming, but apparently that all meant nothing and they didn't have as much confidence in their system as they let on.

You can't say "We're so innovative!", then turn around and change everything because it's controversial. I had a feeling they might do this and their lack of conviction makes me even more disappointed in them.[/quote]

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Jesus christ, you people are stupid. Do you really believe digital marketplaces are going anywhere? The xbone and PS4 are guaranteed to each have very robust digital delivery services - shit, I know for a fact that the PS3 already has the ability to buy and download a huge portion of its library through the PlayStation store. What Microsoft fucked up was not promoting digital, but curtailing physical. There's two ways of encouraging behavior, the carrot or the stick. Microsoft up until a few hours ago has been zero carrot and all stick, and people do not fucking like sticks. They need to enhance the value of what they are trying to promote, not destroying the value ofwhat they want to move away from.