What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Are you saying that when sharing a game I can play online at the same time the person who shares the game with me can?
Yes. Even when the game is being shared, both players have access to all aspects of the game like normal. And I believe that all DLC is accessable as well.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Yes. Even when the game is being shared, both players have access to all aspects of the game like normal. And I believe that all DLC is accessable as well.
WOW. That's huge. I had read somewhere that you wouldn't be able to play shared games online at the same time.

Just for example to show what I'm talking about, say you had Injustice and I did not. Can I access your copy through the 10 family/friends and play 1V1 versus mode on Xbox Live with you even though I'm only using your shared copy?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
WOW. That's huge. I had read somewhere that you wouldn't be able to play shared games online at the same time.

Just for example to show what I'm talking about, say you had Injustice and I did not. Can I access your copy through the 10 family/friends and play 1V1 versus mode on Xbox Live with you even though I'm only using your shared copy?

Dude, go over to the angry joe thread. Major Nelson addresses this exact point.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Dude, go over to the angry joe thread. Major Nelson addresses this exact point.
I saw the Angry Joe thread. I saw him interrupting Nelson at every other word.

I'm asking Onilordasmodeus where this info came from?

Regardless if you can play online at the same time, the points of Microsoft taking away consumer rights and not caring for the consumer are ridiculous at this point. They're giving you access to full games from a friend's library. You can literally play the full game before deciding if you want to buy it. I can't tell you how many times I've spent money on a game I thought would be good to be disappointed and regret the purchase.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I think honestly many of us are just having the issue with the online check in, really the rest of what the system can do isn't bad.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I think honestly many of us are just having the issue with the online check in, really the rest of what the system can do isn't bad.
I agree with that.

However, some would have a problem with something as trivial as how the system looks if they think they have a justified reason to complain.

JaredL

Regardless if you can play online at the same time, the points of Microsoft taking away consumer rights and not caring for the consumer are ridiculous at this point. They're giving you access to full games from a friend's library. You can literally play the full game before deciding if you want to buy it. I can't tell you how many times I've spent money on a game I thought would be good to be disappointed and regret the purchase.

It wasn't about how he did t he interview, or what.

Its about the question about the family plan. He answers it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

Unreal man.. No longer have to rent games.. "Ohhh!! Joe has the new XYZ.. Let me hop on to see how it is" awesome! I have 2 other brothers that will be awaiting the same results from Microsoft 6-12 months post launch.. If they have rightened their ship as far as hardware goes (system overheating) and everything appears to be sailing smoothly from reviews and customer feedback, and the 3 of us go all in on our XB1's... We will rotate purchasing games from the newest titles.. So during those MONUMENTAL release months where 3-5 titles come out that we are anticipating.. No longer are we each paying (maximum) $300+ (minimum) $180+... Pffffft... That makes up for the $100 extra I'm paying out the gate for the console.. And that's just two other people I know will not let me down, not to mention the 8 others on my list..

This is huge.. Lets face it.. During those months where say a top fighter, top shooter and top rpg come out.. You want all 3... Previous consoles you had to fork up cash for all 3, or WAIT to play one or two til price went down or friend/relative was done with it to borrow.. Now you can buy one.. Focus on it, then play your friends/relatives copy when they have moved onto something else!!!

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Rest in peace Xbox.

They aren't going to change their policies and they obviously don't care about the consumer's opinion when it comes to this.

On an ongoing twitter poll from E3 a whopping 78% so far are said that they are going with the PS4 instead of the Xbox One. They are literally committing PR suicide right in front of our faces....

How could they be so stupid?

And now this... a GT TV interviewer asked Executive Don Mattrick on what his thoughts were on the bashing by Playstation and what his comments were about the concerns that the consumers have:

Thoughts?
that interview made me laugh hahah so bad

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Unreal man.. No longer have to rent games.. "Ohhh!! Joe has the new XYZ.. Let me hop on to see how it is" awesome! I have 2 other brothers that will be awaiting the same results from Microsoft 6-12 months post launch.. If they have rightened their ship as far as hardware goes (system overheating) and everything appears to be sailing smoothly from reviews and customer feedback, and the 3 of us go all in on our XB1's... We will rotate purchasing games from the newest titles.. So during those MONUMENTAL release months where 3-5 titles come out that we are anticipating.. No longer are we each paying (maximum) $300+ (minimum) $180+... Pffffft... That makes up for the $100 extra I'm paying out the gate for the console.. And that's just two other people I know will not let me down, not to mention the 8 others on my list..

This is huge.. Lets face it.. During those months where say a top fighter, top shooter and top rpg come out.. You want all 3... Previous consoles you had to fork up cash for all 3, or WAIT to play one or two til price went down or friend/relative was done with it to borrow.. Now you can buy one.. Focus on it, then play your friends/relatives copy when they have moved onto something else!!!
Yea, that's what I'm saying. I've been looking for a source to this. I hope Oni can provide one. That would be awesome news.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yea, that's what I'm saying. I've been looking for a source to this. I hope Oni can provide one. That would be awesome news.
There are times where the game is going to be a favorite of all 3 of us where we will have to bite the bullet and buy 3 copies... But other than that.. It's ultimately a large library of games..while only paying for 1/3 of them.. Sounds good to meeeeeeeee!

Digital gaming is not exclusive to the xbone. Its just the only option.
Has this been confirmed? It only has digital?

I know many dont care but where I live, we don't have many ISP and little competition means paying more getting less. I have a solid Internet connection 30mb speed with 130 gigs download limit paying 75$ a month...

I don't have unlimited download and uploads and I share the Internet with my household which usually means sometimes watching what and how much I download so that we dont go over and pay fees. I use steam and other various things but I like physical copies because I can't afford to download everything I want to try or buy. I don't think the world is ready for M$ "future" just the responses and all the hate speak for them self...

Oh and by the way I don't live in a third world county or the boonies I'm in M$ demographic, I live in Canada and wouldn't touch this crap with someone else's hand.

As someone who is "always" connected and online or having Internet access, I still don't think online only is accept or intelligent... Anyone who is claiming you should have Internet access or its not a big deal seems really delusional, bottom line it's an unnecessary feature that provides no benefits for the complication, hassle and restriction...

Last I checked once you buy a steam game you could still play it while offline or no Internet access, lol looks like they are trying something but made it purposely worse.

And here I thought consoles were supposed to be simpler and easy to use?

JaredL

Has this been confirmed? It only has digital?

I know many dont care but where I live, we don't have many ISP and little competition means paying more getting less. I have a solid Internet connection 30mb speed with 130 gigs download limit paying 75$ a month...

I don't have unlimited download and uploads and I share the Internet with my household which usually means sometimes watching what and how much I download so that we dont go over and pay fees. I use steam and other various things but I like physical copies because I can't afford to download everything I want to try or buy. I don't think the world is ready for M$ "future" just the responses and all the hate speak for them self...

Oh and by the way I don't live in a third world county or the boonies I'm in M$ demographic, I live in Canada and wouldn't touch this crap with someone else's hand.

As someone who is "always" connected and online or having Internet access, I still don't think online only is accept or intelligent... Anyone who is claiming you should have Internet access or its not a big deal seems really delusional, bottom line it's an unnecessary feature that provides no benefits for the complication, hassle and restriction...

Last I checked once you buy a steam game you could still play it while offline or no Internet access, lol looks like they are trying something but made it purposely worse.

And here I thought consoles were supposed to be simpler and easy to use?

Physical disks exists solely to download and become digital data. You don't play from them.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Physical disks exists solely to download and become digital data. You don't play from them.
This is true...

Also something I find funny is the people that argued used games are destroying the industry ....then they want xbone because of or applaud the family sharing ...not only would that be worse then used games it takes away any $ that would go to used games and renting and hurts the economy...

Some new info on sharing I found reading through a bunch of stuff...is that many details are not finalized which explains all the contridicting stuff and that to use a game you have to download it and only one person can dl it at a time besides the primary acct...I don't know if like PS4 you can dl a portion and be able to play or if its the whole thing everytime you do it..

Sent under duress.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
This is true...

Also something I find funny is the people that argued used games are destroying the industry ....then they want xbone because of or applaud the family sharing ...not only would that be worse then used games it takes away any $ that would go to used games and renting and hurts the economy...

Some new info on sharing I found reading through a bunch of stuff...is that many details are not finalized which explains all the contridicting stuff and that to use a game you have to download it and only one person can dl it at a time besides the primary acct...I don't know if like PS4 you can dl a portion and be able to play or if its the whole thing everytime you do it..

Sent under duress.
Yea, there is a lot of information to be released. No one should jump to conclusions at this point.

I've never thought that though. The game sharing and used games don't hurt the industry IMO, it helps them recycle their products.

windsagio

Unique flower
Yea, there is a lot of information to be released. No one should jump to conclusions at this point.

I've never thought that though. The game sharing and used games don't hurt the industry IMO, it helps them recycle their products.

What do you mean by 'recycle their products' btw? A little confused ><

This is true...

The theory would be that they're going to try to set up the system as much as possible so sharing works as 'demoing', in practice it really would be little different than the disk sharing that happens all the time now.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
In keeping things neutral .. And trying to approach the next gen with an open mind and level head... Let us shift the focus to Sony for a moment..

Microsoft has delivered scandal upon scandal since the info release.. Sony has released sentences and 30 second video clips.. Basically letting Microsoft PR hang themselves (which so far they have been doing a grand job of).. Who can blame them? Would you put forth any effort to cripple your competitor when they are doing all the heavy work themselves? Some may say no.. why put forth money and effort to try and hurt Microsoft more when each PR interview keeps putting themselves deeper and deeper into a hole. Whereas others may say yes- you need to jump on top of them when they are down and bury them in that hole..My main concern about Sony is that they are staying a bit tight lipped and low key for a reason.. Is it possible they are running closely to Microsoft policies and just usher a statement (you can play used games on the PS4) where upon the release of the system, once policy goes into effect.. An example: Sony never said "which" used games, or how many... They never specified for how long a time or in what capacity...etc..

So my question comes in three stages...
It is a week out until launch...
Both systems have come clean with policies and you know more about what to expect when you purchase, and Sony is in fact closer to Microsoft policies than expected (especially at this current time)

1) does this change pre-order demographics?

2) how does it effect Sony's position in the mind of fans? (Microsofts dirty laundry has already been aired for 4-5 months.. People are use to its sight and smell.. Sony's is brand new) public outcry just reversed? Does this effect initial sales?

3) would this cause a closer console war than people are expecting...and would there be any further fallout deeper into the life of the system?

But only one of your friends at a time.

Edit for clarification. Only one friend can play the same game or a specific game from your library at a time.

EX:

You, Tim, and John are in a "family".

If You and Tim are playing KI, John can get fucked.
If just Tim is playing, John can still get fucked.
If just You are playing, but Tim isn't, then John can play.
And regarding an actual disk?
Only one console can play, no matter what. Unless, as I said before, physical disks can be at different places at the same time... which, in accordance with my experience with physics and logic, they cannot.

X1 is less restricting in that regard.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
And regarding an actual disk?
Only one console can play, no matter what. Unless, as I said before, physical disks can be at different places at the same time... which, accordance with my experience with physics and logic, they cannot.

X1 is less restricting in that regard.
I don't know what the fuck you are going on about or why you are quoting me. I didn't say shit about physical discs, I was only talking about the feature Oni mentioned and clarifying it for people who see the number 10 and ignore how it actually works.

I don't know what the fuck you are going on about or why you are quoting me. I didn't say shit about physical discs, I was only talking about the feature Oni mentioned and clarifying it for people who see the number 10 and ignore how it actually works.
Because two of this thread's biggest PS4 fanboys latched onto your clarification as a point for Sony > Microsoft, when really it's still the X1's advantage regarding game sharing.

Interesting burst of hostility you got there.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Because two of this thread's biggest PS4 fanboys latched onto your clarification as a point for Sony > Microsoft, when really it's still the X1's advantage regarding game sharing.

Interesting burst of hostility you got there.
I just cuss a lot in general. Though I still don't understand why you are trying to provoke an argument with me when it is clearly others you have an issue with.