What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
No doubt. Sony is truly giving options for the future as you'll be about to buy eye-toy, and the cloud will come to the PS ecosystem, but they are keeping themselves tethered to the past through the use of disks.

Of course PS4 can shift over and start doing the things like the X1 is going to do give that they have that desire. They can/could make everything digital and make themselves more future proof...but then the consumer will be in the same boat as if they had an X! (basically) as you will need an Internet connection for one reason or another.
I wouldn't really say they are tethered to anything as they seem to be making it all about the "options". I could hop on to the PS Store right now and pre-order and buy the Last of Us when it comes out if I wanted to, but I could also go buy it on disc. Obviously, this is mere speculation at this point and we'd have to wait and see in a few years.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I wouldn't really say they are tethered to anything as they seem to be making it all about the "options". I could hop on to the PS Store right now and pre-order and buy the Last of Us when it comes out if I wanted to, but I could also go buy it on disc. Obviously, this is mere speculation at this point and we'd have to wait and see in a few years.

They talked about palying games while they download.
Implying you could download games.

I understand every company does this trick but that right their takes the graphics argument straight out of this thread. And they lied again.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
All the games I want will be on both systems, except for Killer Instinct and a potential future Banjo Kazooie.

Therefore, I'll be getting an Xbox One, the console's games look fantastic.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Did you see the fucking chart?

All of Asia, All of Africa, all of South America barring Brazil, Most of Eastern Europe and fucking portugal don't get to use the xbox one.

Not even Japan.

I guess MS must be leaving a ton of money on the table, huh?

Or, are you leaving money on the table? You seem VERY certain of yourself, but you're not willing to drop a few thousand on a wager? It's easy money, right? Look at those charts! Charts (detailing statistics that are not directly related to sales) prove everything, so it seems like you are either so wealthy that you couldn't use a few extra grand for no work, or maybe... just maybe... you're trying to convince me that MS will fail because you are trying to convince yourself of the same thing.

Also, this may be heartbreaking, but the Portugal, Paraguay, all of Africa, and yes, even that electronic entertainment hotspot we call Armenia are very minor markets compared to North America, France, the U.K., and Germany. If they were actually massive markets with huge potential, MS would make sure their system worked there. Asia is a major market, and they're planning on launching there in 2014. There's some issues with standard living room sizes (or lack thereof) and the Kinect that they'll have to sort out before launching.

JaredL

I guess MS must be leaving a ton of money on the table, huh?

Or, are you leaving money on the table? You seem VERY certain of yourself, but you're not willing to drop a few thousand on a wager? It's easy money, right? Look at those charts! Charts (detailing statistics that are not directly related to sales) prove everything, so it seems like you are either so wealthy that you couldn't use a few extra grand for no work, or maybe... just maybe... you're trying to convince me that MS will fail because you are trying to convince yourself of the same thing.

Also, this may be heartbreaking, but the Portugal, Paraguay, all of Africa, and yes, even that electronic entertainment hotspot we call Armenia are very minor markets compared to North America, France, the U.K., and Germany. If they were actually massive markets with huge potential, MS would make sure their system worked there. Asia is a major market, and they're planning on launching there in 2014. There's some issues with standard living room sizes (or lack thereof) and the Kinect that they'll have to sort out before launching.

Its like you're actually justifying xbox one region locking.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Isn;t kratos banned because he is a ps3 exclusive. By that logic shouldn't killer instinct be banned cause it's only on one platform?

JaredL

Isn;t kratos banned because he is a ps3 exclusive. By that logic shouldn't killer instinct be banned cause it's only on one platform?

lol no

it means that KI will have a very tiny community and struggle to get tourneys to be held because PS4s are cheaper and more tourney friendly

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Sorry if this has been posted already, but here is a document clearing up a lot of the misconceptions people have been making about the console.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/
Appreciate your stance... And hope you enjoy KI.. If done correctly (which it seems to be heading in that direction)! However do not be fooled by the title.. Thread title should be :

"ABANDON all logic ye who enter here.. The Sony bash fest if the XB1"

Ilthuain

Its like you're actually justifying xbox one region locking.

I don't have a problem with region locking for any media. Different markets have different needs. If someone in Brazil has a problem with their insane video game taxes, the answer is to change the tax code, not to skirt the law with grey market imports.

JaredL

I don't have a problem with region locking for any media. Different markets have different needs. If someone in Brazil has a problem with their insane video game taxes, the answer is to change the tax code, not to skirt the law with grey market imports.

And if someone from Poland wants to buy xbox one to play witcher 3... because witcher 3 was shown at the xbox one E3... you're fine with them not being able to play?

Cool.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
And if someone from Poland wants to buy xbox one to play witcher 3... because witcher 3 was shown at the xbox one E3... you're fine with them not being able to play?

Cool.
At launch Poland was not deemed in high priority as far as launch status quo.. Therefore will be on future launches. What is the purpose of trying to use "Made in Poland, not being released in Poland" as an argumentative point? Do you think every doo-dad in the states or rest of the world for that matter with a "Made in China" tag is sold in China?

JaredL

At launch Poland was not deemed in high priority as far as launch status quo.. Therefore will be on future launches. What is the purpose of trying to use "Made in Poland, not being released in Poland" as an argumentative point? Do you think every doo-dad in the states or rest of the world for that matter with a "Made in China" tag is sold in China?

You'd think if they were parading a polish game, the polish could play it. Poland isn't very big in gaming, but CD project is, they even showed their games to OBAMA.

So, If you want to justify Poland not having playable games... fine. But to parade them on E3 with that knowledge is just scumbag tier.

Microsoft keep shooting themselves in the foot man... UK pre orders for xbox were overtaken by a 3DS game and a PS3 game...

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
You'd think if they were parading a polish game, the polish could play it. Poland isn't very big in gaming, but CD project is, they even showed their games to OBAMA.

So, If you want to justify Poland not having playable games... fine. But to parade them on E3 with that knowledge is just scumbag tier.

Microsoft keep shooting themselves in the foot man... UK pre orders for xbox were overtaken by a 3DS game and a PS3 game...
Okay Jared

Ilthuain

Cool.
The system is not supported in their market, so I would hope they wouldn't buy it until it is supported.

MS isn't restricting these countries because MS loves to spread sorrow and they secretly hate people in Poland. They likely don't have the infrastructure in Poland for their console to properly function. When it was launched, the iPhone wasn't available in every country because in some regions the iPhone experience would be pretty awful. As infrastructure improved, more regions became available.

Your argument appears to hinge on the principle of "either everyone gets it or nobody does", and technological progress simply cannot abide by those rules. The XB1 requires fairly speedy internet in order to function properly, and there are other tech limitations (Kinect scan distance) that make other cultural assumptions that need to be corrected, so releasing in countries that cannot support the tech would just be silly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You guys are still at it?
Pls keep them comming, i just read from 25 to here with a joy, now i will want to let a few more pages roll and then comeback to read up again.
Very interesting topic though.

JaredL

The system is not supported in their market, so I would hope they wouldn't buy it until it is supported.

MS isn't restricting these countries because MS loves to spread sorrow and they secretly hate people in Poland. They likely don't have the infrastructure in Poland for their console to properly function. When it was launched, the iPhone wasn't available in every country because in some regions the iPhone experience would be pretty awful. As infrastructure improved, more regions became available.

Your argument appears to hinge on the principle of "either everyone gets it or nobody does", and technological progress simply cannot abide by those rules. The XB1 requires fairly speedy internet in order to function properly, and there are other tech limitations (Kinect scan distance) that make other cultural assumptions that need to be corrected, so releasing in countries that cannot support the tech would just be silly.

PS4 has no region locking so.. it seems microsoft are choosing to exclude countries.

And the militray.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-