What's new

Mezco MKX figures anyone?

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey TYM,

Just curious if anyone is collecting any of the MKX Mezco 6" figures. In my opinion these figures are fantastic and by far the best Mortal Kombat figures that have been produced to date. (Ugh, the MK9 Jazzwares figures were just so bad). Ive always been a fan of the Ninjas so I currently have the following figures:

Sub Zero PX Preview Exclusive "Ice Variant" which looks somewhat similar to Cryomancer in the game and also comes with an iceball and cryomancer daggers (instead of the sword and hammer like the standard flesh tone sub figure)

The Scorpion PX Previews Exclusive "Bloody Variant" which has really nice blood splatter effects and also comes with the "inferno" variation summoning skull instead of the Ninjutsu swords like the standard figure (for some reason the web pics like the one below show him with the swords but the actual figure has the inferno skull that can clip on the hook on his belt)

The NYCC Exclusive Scorpion "Black and Gold" Variant which just looks so badass I couldn't pass it up:

I also have the standard scorpion figure that comes with the ninjutsu swords

For around $20 bucks a piece (except the NYCC figure which was around $40) I am loving this series of figures and also think it is cool they have some variation based figures coming out (they have variations of Kitana, Quan and Kotal coming out with a standard figure along with a variant based on one of the other in game variations.

Any other TYM people collecting any of these? Any feedback on any other the other MKX figures (I really only have all of the Scorpions and one Sub so I have not seen all of the other figures yet).

I know they have a mid-teleport "displacer" version of Raiden from that same PX Preview series that the bloody scorp and ice sub are in as well that looks really cool.

Matix218

Get over here!
Is there a balanced kenshi figure?
Edit: lasher Takeda would also be nice
No not yet, so far series 1 is Scorp, Sub, Raiden (with variations), Series 2 is Quan, Kitana, Kotal (with variations) and they have not announced anything further other than 12" scorp and sub that are coming soon as far as I know. If series 1/2 sell well though I would imagine they will do more and maybe kenshi will be one of them.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
No not yet, so far series 1 is Scorp, Sub, Raiden (with variations), Series 2 is Quan, Kitana, Kotal (with variations) and they have not announced anything further other than 12" scorp and sub that are coming soon as far as I know. If series 1/2 sell well though I would imagine they will do more and maybe kenshi will be one of them.
thanks for the info, i will keep my fingers crossed for a kenshi one

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'd buy a Johnny Cage one. I hope they do one in the tournament skin, but the prime is good too. I'd buy a Sub-Zero if it had the Kuai Liang alt.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I've already bought the Sub Zero to go along with my collection of Sub figures, the Sub plushie and pre ordered the Kotal figure. Luckily I only have to spend extra on the Kotal figure since the Sub stuff was at my local gamestop.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I have the Raiden and Sub figures sitting on my workdesk. The subzero one was a bit confusing as it clearly says he gets ice hammer on the back yet it wasn't in the package.

*ed*

Now I think about it, my Raiden is different than the one on the site as well. Mine I assume is displacer raiden as it looks like he is in the middle of teleporting and is seethrough from the bottomdown, the one on the site doesn't look like it at all.

LeoMK29

Noob
I have all the figures, including the exclusives, so far. Well, except bloody Scorpion. Mezco has said on twitter that nothing else is planned besides wave 2 (Kitana, Kotal, and Quan Chi and their exclusives). So you bitches better support the line now if you want to see your favorite figure be made. Lol

LeoMK29

Noob
I have the Raiden and Sub figures sitting on my workdesk. The subzero one was a bit confusing as it clearly says he gets ice hammer on the back yet it wasn't in the package.

*ed*

Now I think about it, my Raiden is different than the one on the site as well. Mine I assume is displacer raiden as it looks like he is in the middle of teleporting and is seethrough from the bottomdown, the one on the site doesn't look like it at all.
I think your got the PX Exclusive as opposed to the regular one, which is all "solid".

Matix218

Get over here!
Not even quite sure what px exclusive is? I just told my bud who runs a comic shop to order em in for me and thats what we got in.
From what I was told the px exclusive figures are only sold at comic stores whereas the standard versions are sold at larger stores like toysrus

Matix218

Get over here!
Last weekend at Toys R Us I saw the new series of figures (Kitana, Quan Chi, Kotal Khan) and all the figures look phenomenal tbh. I may have to pick up the Quan figure