What's new

Message to online players without Asus experience

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
If you're an online player looking to debut at a tournament but have no experience on an asus monitor, get some before you go if you want to do well! Or at least get there early for casuals. There is a huge difference between a regular tv, and an asus monitor. I just recently experienced an asus monitor, and was struggling to even cancel strings in to military stance, which is a fairly easy thing to do. So just a heads up to anyone whos never played on an asus; get experience. Its definitely NOT something you can get used to in five minutes.

This. This. This. It took me all night Friday and about an hour Saturday morning before MLG to get completely adjusted. It's HARD. Especially if the TV you're used to is especially laggy... once you get the ASUS experience you will feel a huge difference.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What you need to do is stop playing online like a day or two before the tournament, and then just run through ladder to work on your execution.

But yeah, you should always get there early for casuals anyway. That is probably the best part of tournaments for most newcomers.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If you're an online player looking to debut at a tournament but have no experience on an asus monitor, get some before you go if you want to do well! Or at least get there early for casuals. There is a huge difference between a regular tv, and an asus monitor. I just recently experienced an asus monitor, and was struggling to even cancel strings in to military stance, which is a fairly easy thing to do. So just a heads up to anyone whos never played on an asus; get experience. Its definitely NOT something you can get used to in five minutes.
How many games do you think it took you?
It took me around ... 10-15 games to adjust overall.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It took me about 10 games to get my bnb down, but I never got my pressure or poke game down packed.
that sucks. Next time!!! :)

and yes it is a huge transition. If you got to a large venue... and you are used to playing the game with sound.... I'd bring headphones as well.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I whole heartedly agree TOSNerdd, even making the jump from a lagless CRT to an Asus is noticeable, albeit marginal. Going to play on ASUS strictly for the next month. I own one, just don't use it to due it being smaller in size.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
MLG does not have Asus monitors, they are Ben-Q's. Asus is a FGC thing. At the start of the tourney some, especially on the one end, lagged considerably. I believe Arturo ran around and switched the settings to remedy the problem. Still, laggy TV's + laggy online will definitely hurt your game when you show to a tourney. Get a good night of casuals on a good monitor before you start.

Espio

Kokomo
Do you guys think 10 games is enough to get used to this sort of thing? I see it took some people a short while, then others almost a full day..that kind of worries me to be honest.

I bought a really nice tv last year, love it, but after devastation and Texas showdown, Asus is the way to go, it is so LAGFREE that at first it seems it does lag lol.

after playing on an ASUS offline, you will never be able to play online + on a LED tv ever again

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ya.. this is very true. I just got back from EGP Redemption and I hadn't played on an asus monitor before. Needless to say I could not complete a combo properly with Sonya. I had heard that an adjustment would be needed but the difference it pretty big and you need quiet a bit of time and experience with the lag-less monitor to adjust. And like Mr. Mileena mentioned I was convinced it was lagging worse than offline at first. lol

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Hmm... well, idk if my first tournament is gonna have those or not.

We'll find out Saturday. Hopefully there will be time for casuals beforehand.
Take advantage of it if they do. When I first started playing offline, I was whiffin cross ups, rushing 2 1 follow ups to a hit d4 because I would rush my inputs and get standing 1. I would rush the link from b12 to 212 like it was day 1. Took about 15-20 matches to get acclimated. I won't even get into what it was like with scorpion lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

LEGEND

YES!
Do you guys think 10 games is enough to get used to this sort of thing? I see it took some people a short while, then others almost a full day..that kind of worries me to be honest.
usually takes me about an hour to fully warm up, then maybe a few games per character

i used Jax in tournament today without absolutely no warm-up with him and it showed, i literally couldn't do a damn thing right and would just pause in the middle of pressure. i looked retarded

as long as you get at least an hour/hour n a half in on the setups that the tourny is running you should be golden

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The key is to slow down you inputs, although it doesnt take much for me to slow down b31 b31 b31 F4, the only combo I ever use.