What's new

Meet the real Sirens of Injustice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedy

Noob
Just to be clear if someone already wasn't, Killtron is not a girl and i'm pretty sure Sonic isn't autistic?

I wanna understand where Gam is coming from but I can't when some of his points are incorrect and he posts them as fact.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So... I'm closing this.

This was promoted because it was a big feature for the CW and Chasing the Cup and it's part of Injustice 2... the female side of fighting. I just hope this doesn't deter all new players, new casuals, etc from coming here to join our community.

If you think this community is a joke, then you're part of the problem. Thanks.

Goldi

Noob
Ok so um... I know I'm not really around much. I kinda got bored and started playing other stuff. Also got busy with school. I mean for now ish. I've got some friends asking me to meet up and play, take them to the locals and help them understand how to play bettter. I'm by no means good, but I know where to find combos, that you gotta learn to love the lab and grinding match ups, the importance of understanding and learning frame data, things a total fighting game virgin wouldn't. I'm not even claiming I did much of that, I'm just aware because gaming has been a hobby for me since .... Uh let's just say when a game wouldn't start "did you try blowing on it? Is the TV channel on 3?" Were valid suggestions.

I started playing offline durning MK9 because it was cool to put a face to screen names and talk to folk you have a common hobby with. I never ran my mouth, I never claimed to be Top 8 material. FUCK I never even ONCE blamed playing Jade for my losses. I said "ggs, nice (insert character here) and ask for advice how I could improve.

And most people just called me a "pro ho" or "someone's bitch" or entitled. I was excited to watch GGA vs VSM at a tournament and when the stream saw me they insisted I be gang raped. Fast forward to Injustice 1 where I attended locals and became a regular commentator: the streamers would not allow me to look at the chat. I even have a web page about how hated I am for... cosplaying and not placing.

Any game I won was discredited with, "oh he LET her win because he must want to bang her." Even people I'd played with for years said "no one tries their hardest against you. It must suck to be sandbagged all the time." I think that's around the time I stopped going to my locals that I used to look forward to and write the results for fast enough to troll Blake.

I used to be passionate about being seen, not as an equal to a a good player or anything, but just as a dork just having fun playing a video game. I only prop fished for how good my cupcakes were. Cupcakes I made for NRS players ONLY to encourage more people to sign up for our games.

This isn't any kind of new issue. And @STORMS I get why you closed this thread, not many girls post here, even I'm not around as often. But I can't help feeling like if the same shit that's been happening for 8 years is still a problem, we should be talking about it. Shutting down a discussion because of a few troll comments is like a stand up comedian walking off stage because of a heckler. It's our job as mods to kick them out, not cancel the show. If TYM wants to compete with private circles like discord and Skype, we shouldn't be shy to ban useless posters.

Any way, I'm not looking for pity. But the fresh blood that's shown interest in the FGC and leveling up are females and remembering everything I went through, that's apparently STILL going on conflicts me on if encouraging them would be cruel, or if they could surpass me and make more of an impact than I ever did.

I don't know what SIREN is exactly. Sounds like a clan to me which IS definitely a regular and relevant part of gaming. I think the majority of our top 8 players have spent at least some point of their career in one.

Admittedly I'm not particularly close with many other females in the FGC but that's mostly from seeing shots taken at TYM or me personally by some. But backing down and closing the thread, sweeping shit under the rug isn't something that sits right with me.

Yea, maybe female gamers gotta grow thicker skin and learn to deal with the hyenas. If someone posts that with tact and legit points it deserves to be considered. But just closing the thread worried about offending us is kinda demeaning....

Tl;dr ban useless posters, don't shut down communication. TYM is THE NRS gaming site and should never let trolls dictate discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.