What's new

[May 4, 2013] TORYUKEN 2: Toronto's Road To EVO - May 4th-5th (Toronto, ON)

TorontoTopTiers.com proudly presents to you another Road To EVO Tournament. With the International EVO Qualifiers getting the spotlight this time around, Toronto was able to secure the coveted EVO Points to help you get seeded inEVO2k. With the limited North American Road To EVO Qualifiers, prepare to be invaded. With 7 official EVO Games, an invasion is imminent for EVO Point hungry players. The only question you should be asking yourself is “Will you be ready the first weekend of May?”. Read the event details after the break.

________
TRAILERS:

_____
DATE:

May 4th-5th, 2013

Best Western PrimRose Hotel
http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com111 Carlton St Toronto, ON M5B 2G3
(416) 977-8000

Check out the hotels link for directions on how to get to the venue:
http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com/contact/directions

Online Pre-Register here

IMPORTANT
There are no Door Registration
Please Pre-Register to not be excluded. Spectators can pay anytime.
NO EXCEPTIONS

HOTEL GROUP RATE CODE – “TOPTIERS”

Enter this Code in the Group Rate section. Please book early. The deadline for booking a room is Apr. 1st. Save yourself money by booking now. I’m sure all over Toronto, players are willing to house as well so start asking. You have options, just have to ask. Check respected community threads.

_________
VENUE FEE:

$30 – Early Bird Registration from February-March Only
$35 – Standard Registration from April

We are doing something different this year. To make sure everything runs on schedule accordingly, we will only be doingONLINE REGISTRATIONS. There will be NO DOOR REGISTRATIONS for the official games. Do not miss the cut off dates for the TORYUKEN II. We will not accept late registrations.

Online Registration is located here. Pre-Reg will be live till the end of APRIL.

$10 Per Day – Doesn’t matter if it’s Saturday or Sunday, you will get a wristband to show you are a spectator

SPECTATORS CANNOT COMPETE IN ANY OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS

Being formulated. Stay Tuned.

_______
STREAM:

Stream will be provided by our very own TTT_RXS and TTT_Kellfire.

-Stream 1-
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

-Stream 2-
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2

Being formulated. Stay Tuned.

_____
FOOD:

The hotel does not allow food inside. Lots of places to eat around the area. Especially on Yonge St. There will be NO ALCOHOL allowed in this tournament. You will get thrown out of the event with no refund if you are caught with Alcohol in the venue. Fair Warning.

________
PARKING:

Please keep in mind that this hotel is in the Downtown Core. I will look for the best parking in the area but don’t be smart and think you can break the system. Read the signs carefully and make sure you check your car or get towed. This is a warning to everyone who is driving. TTT will not be held responsible for parking or tow tickets.
I do suggest that players uses TTC.
College Station is 2 blocks away.

A & C Games
www.acgamesonline.com
  • Toronto’s largest selection and display of rare and old school video games
  • Specializes in retailing Old School, Vintage, Imported and Rare Games
  • Also a supporter of the fighting game community by providing imported fight sticks, fighting games and accessories
MadCatz INC.
http://www.madcatz.com
  • Mad Catz is a leading global provider of innovative products for the interactive entertainment industry.
  • For products, services, support and other Mad Catz brand, go to their website. www.madcatz.com
GDLK Apparel
Apparel for Gamers and Life
www.GDLK.ca
  • Canada’s first and only clothing line dedicated to gamers.
  • We also provide customization services for your apparel.
  • We are a proud supporter of the competitive gaming community by helping the community to grow.
Canadian Joysticks
http://www.canadianjoysticks.com
  • Official Canadian Distributors of Qanba Arcade Sticks
  • They Sell sticks, buttons, pcb’s and other Arcade parts you need.
  • Check out their site for more information.
1UP Games
http://super1upgames.com/
  • 1UP Games has already become a staple in the Hamilton area
  • We carry everything from Atari 2600, NES and Dreamcast to the newer systems like Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.
  • We take great pride in our selection of retro games and try to provide great product knowledge to our customers.
The Travelling Circus
  • http://www.thetravelingcircus.net/
  • Video game apparel
  • electronic dance music and events
  • Sponsors of international fighting game competitors and tournaments. Run for your lives.
Gutsy Geek
http://www.gutsygeek.com
If you’re a geek that:
  • has trouble with dating girls, this blog is for you.
  • is a fan of fighting games, this blog is for you.
  • wants to learn to eat healthy, this blog is for you.
  • hopes to get better at dealing with clubs/bars, this blog is for you.
  • needs to express yourself more genuinely, this blog is for you.
  • is struggling with your emotional development, this blog is for you.
Mortal Kombat United
http://www.mortalkombatunited.com
  • The best source site for Mortal Kombat and Injustice Gods Among Us.
  • Engage with other fans our forums to discuss strategies, tournaments, and watch live streams.
Would you like to promote your product in TORYUKEN II?
We certainly welcome any potential sponsors for our event.
Please contact [email protected] for our Sponsor Packages.

Strict Rules will be followed for disappearing. Nobody is special and you will be disqualified if you are not there when called. Warnings will be given before proceeding with Disqualifications.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360) + $500 Bonus
$10 entry
Double elimination tournament
3 out of 5 games per match
3 out of 5 games per Winners, Losers Finals and Winners Finals

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360) +$500 Bonus
$10 entry
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per Winners and Losers Finals
3 out of 5 games grand finals

Street Fighter x Tekken: 2013 (360) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry
1v1 Double elimination tournament

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)+ $200 bonus courtesy of GutsyGeek
$10 entry
3 out of 5 games per semi final match

Persona 4: Arena (PS3) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry

The King Of Fighters XIII (PS3) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry

Mortal Kombat (PS3) + $100 bonus courtesy of Mortal Kombat United
$10 entry

Injustice: God's Among Us (PS3) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend or Later Version (PS3) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus (PS3) + Prize courtesy of MadCatz
$10 entry

All tournaments will have the following pot split:
Singles
1st Place – 70%
2nd Place – 20%
3rd Place – 10%

There will be prizes for winners from our Sponsors as well.

The console equipment will be labeled and registered to ensure its safety. However, please be careful with your sticks. Furthermore, if you know you’re attending and you do not have a stick to use, make sure you have a friend who can donate. All singles matches will enforce a 5 minute rule and if you can’t find a stick within that time you will be disqualified. This is advance warning and will not be brought up again.

If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform the director. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.

What kind of TTT tournament would it be without a raffle. More info about raffle prizes in the coming weeks.

You do not have to be an Official Sponsor to help out. If you would like to help by donating, please contact [email protected]. You will get free Swag for helping.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Hey Russel, my comp crashed last nite, but luckily I was able to get the paypal payment in for the pre reg. but I wasnt able to sign up for MK9 and IGAU specifically though...

Justice

Noob
Just throwing this out there, I already have a room booked at the venue but noone to share with so I have 3 spots open in my room. It'll run about $45 per person if I can get all 4 slots filled. I need people to hold up their end of the bargain here tho. I also only have it for Saturday so if you want to have Friday night as well, let me know ASAP so I can change my reservation.

My big concern is getting stuck footing the bill. Please be responsible and pay your way is all I ask. I also intend to have a setup in my room for casuals/level-up sessions with a ps3 that has the 4 usb slots in case some mad tag sessions break out ;)

MK will be on Saturday. I'm pretty (80%) sure Injustice will be on Saturday as well but after MK Top 8 has been decided.

NeoRussell

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Hey Russell I sent a confirmation email to the ttt, just wondering if you guys got it? No rush, I know you're busy. Just that I covered the cost for a buddy of mine and I wanted to make sure that we were both reg'd for mk

Hey Russell I sent a confirmation email to the ttt, just wondering if you guys got it? No rush, I know you're busy. Just that I covered the cost for a buddy of mine and I wanted to make sure that we were both reg'd for mk
I haven't gone through them all yet. I will do them early Apr. If I need anything, I'll send you an email.

Jer: if you guys are coming, get your housing secured. If no one, might be best to go in with Justice for hotel room. That discount ends on Apr. 1st that's why.

NeoRussell

The Dark Knight

The World's Greatest Detective
I might ether compete or just come watch

pending on my time restraints and how comfortable I become in the game.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
NeoRussell

1 - do you think Mk and Injustice will be played and finished on Saturday? Or have a lot of people signed up???

Trying to come but trying to see if I can avoid getting a hotel room, it's a bit $$$

To anyone else - are you looking to share a room with anyone?? Have monies???

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

1 - do you think Mk and Injustice will be played and finished on Saturday? Or have a lot of people signed up???
NeoRussell

Trying to come but trying to see if I can avoid getting a hotel room, it's a bit $$$
Hey DanCock, MK will be first on Saturday until it reaches Top 8. After that, Injustice will be played until it reaches Top 8. This is a Major so we continue Top 8 on Sunday afternoon. It's a two day event.

There are lots of Hostels in Toronto that can save you money. It's just probably 10 mins drive away.
If you google map PrimRose Hotel Toronto and then click "Search Nearby", type "Hotels" and you will see cheaper hotels around the area.

Hope that helps.

NeoRussell

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Will pools/brackets be released early since there is no on-site registration? That would be awesome...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So a couple of questions:

1) I see that Injustice is listed as a side tournament, rather than an official tournament. Does this mean that it's not an official major for the game?

2) Given that it's only a side tournament, what's the plan for streaming Injustice, and which of the streams will it be on?