Strategy Maximize your Ermac damage

Discussion in 'Ermac' started by PimpUigi, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    JiP
    NJP
    Deep Jump in Kick (thanks to SpideR)
    AA Jump Kick
    AA Teleport Punch
    Block string hit confirm
    AA :bp
    AA JiP
    :x
    These combos are not hard with some practice, the second jump kick~teleport punch is harder to get than the D1~TKP.
    The reason some of these are so good is because they're big damage off of small punishers, NJP, AA Jump Kick, and AA :bp

Also please note: never do a neutral jump kick. This brings your damage down. Always do a jump forward kick~TP, unless you're doing a wall combo completely at the wall, in which case you do a jump back kick~TP.
  2. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    I think despite the high damage, Ermac is still so much worse than he could be just because of a few gimpy things.
    Why the devs made it so that "We Win" whiffs in the corner is beyond me...and since 31 is crouch punishable crouching really hurts Ermac a lot.

He was fine when his TKPush recovered faster.
    Kitana can get the same damage going (53% with one EX, and no tight D1 needed either, just tight 4~Fan Lift) and not only rushes down 100% better, but arguably zones better too.
  3. zaf

zaf Moderator Staff Member

PSN:
    lezafro
    XBL:
    MTLzaf
    rofl,
    off topic but i saw your sig

Your a smash player too lol? Thats my first competitive game as well.
    Im sure you have heard of ally. I used to train/play with him every weekend =P

lol nice "sex kick" under your name as well lol
  4. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Thanks playa, looking for high damage low meter combos. I am satisfied.
  5. Owerbart

Owerbart I miss you

Hello. Is the first kombo still doable after the last patch? It seems hard since to Telepunches knock the opponent down.

What I tend to do is FJP, b114 - ForceSlam, FJK - Telepunch, dash, 2 - Forcepush.

No meters, 45%

can anyone tell me if it's possible to do after the dash, instead of 2-forcepush, 2,2 -forcepush? seems kinda hard.

Cheers.
  6. Metzos

Metzos Ultimate Destruction Staff Member Premium Supporter

Yes it is still can be done after the patch but its tricky. You have to do a big dash after teleport to connect the 2,2 TKP. Its worth it though if you master it. Does 48% dmg meterless.
  7. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    Everyone knows that 45% damage combo though. 8% extra damage for 1 EX meter is worth it unless the 45% damage variant is going to finish them off.
  8. Metzos

In my opinion the safest and most dmging 1 meter midscreen combo ALL Ermac players should be using is this. jp B114 EX lift jk teleport dash 22 TKP. 51% and there is no way you ll miss it after you connect B114.
  9. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    I can agree with that. If you're an Ermac main though, I think there's very little chance in dropping the D1~TKP
    The only times I drop it are when I've taken a break from him (I mess up the JK~TP timing since I'm a Scorpion player).
  10. Kindred

Kindred Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    Heres one i didnt see if you want to add it. Id also suggest this kind of format since its easier to read IMHO

Situation: Opponent in the corner
    Combo: JiP, B1, 1, 4, TKS, B1, 2, F1, B1, 2, F1, B1, 2, F1, 2, 2, TKP
    Damage: 55%
    Note: After the TKS, Opponent has to have fallen low enough for all three [B1, 2, F1] to land

Situation: Low jump in kick connects
    Combo: JiK, TLP, dash, 2, 2, TKS, dash, B1, 2, F1, dash, TKP
    Damage: 40%
    Note: Connecting [2, 2] isn't easy so you might want to go for [1, 2]
  11. Metzos

About the 1st one. Better use EX lift for a 100% execution of that combo. Plus it adds 4% dmg.

About the second one. Are you sure its 40% ? Have you checked it ? Cause i have a feeling its less.
  12. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    For sure each one would be higher with the EX but I want to see the max you can do when you have nothing available. A worst case scenario kind of situation.

For the second, last time I checked it was 40% (forgot when). They might've released some patch so yea it might be less.
  13. Metzos

Fair enough. How do you punish blocked teleports, KL divekicks etc etc ? Cause i wanna see if i m the only who punishes them with Ermac's max dmg at those situations.
  14. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    tbh I usually just TKS and do the usual.
    However, if I want to go for max damage I would do the following. (might not be the highest but better than just TKS for sure)
    3, 1, TKS, jk, TLP, 2, 2, TKP
    Which would give about 40% i think. Keep in mind I never do this so its just a theory lol
    What do you do?
  15. Metzos

That combo does 38% dmg if i remember correctly. I usually do B2 (charge abit), B1 lift jk tp dash 22 or 12 TKP. Second choice is B12F1 tp dash 12 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP. Both are above 40% if i remember correctly (not very good with numbers am i ? :) ).
  16. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    hmm I just did the 1,2 version and got 33%
  17. Metzos

12 version of the 1st or the second one ?
  18. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    oops sry shoulve specified:
    B2, B1 lift jk tp dash, 1, 2, TKP
  19. Metzos

Did you charge B2 abit ? Also you did a diagonal jk or an upward jk ? Cause if you did an upward the dmg is much less.
  20. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    i did diaguonal but i think ur right i didnt charge b2 enough

PS: I double checked the jump in kick teleport and i got 39% not 40%. ur right they nerfed a bit
  21. Metzos

Well yeah no big deal for 1%. About the B12F1 punisher. If i remember correctly before the latest patch it was doing 42% dmg.
  22. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    yea that one seems better but I wonder, after u block a teleport of the opponent, can you neutral jump punch them? Because if it works, doing the B12F1 afterward would be great.

Man I want to test this more but I have to study. Damn finals.
  23. Metzos

Heh. Well gaming is good but real life comes first. Thats life :)
  24. Kindred

XBL:
    KLNDR3D
    lol
    [​IMG]

On a serious note, you know if you can do a NP when you block a teleport or does it send the guy flying back and stops any kind of continuous combo?
  25. Metzos

Havent tested it at all so i dont know.