Strategy Maximize your Ermac damage

Discussion in 'Ermac' started by PimpUigi, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    JiP
    NJP
    Deep Jump in Kick (thanks to SpideR)
    AA Jump Kick
    AA Teleport Punch
    Block string hit confirm
    AA :bp
    AA JiP
    :x
    These combos are not hard with some practice, the second jump kick~teleport punch is harder to get than the D1~TKP.
    The reason some of these are so good is because they're big damage off of small punishers, NJP, AA Jump Kick, and AA :bp

Also please note: never do a neutral jump kick. This brings your damage down. Always do a jump forward kick~TP, unless you're doing a wall combo completely at the wall, in which case you do a jump back kick~TP.

2. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    I think despite the high damage, Ermac is still so much worse than he could be just because of a few gimpy things.
    Why the devs made it so that "We Win" whiffs in the corner is beyond me...and since 31 is crouch punishable crouching really hurts Ermac a lot.

He was fine when his TKPush recovered faster.
    Kitana can get the same damage going (53% with one EX, and no tight D1 needed either, just tight 4~Fan Lift) and not only rushes down 100% better, but arguably zones better too.

3. zaf

zaf prof.
    Staff Member Moderator

PSN:
    lezafro
    XBL:
    MTLzaf
    Steam:
    MTLZaf
    rofl,
    off topic but i saw your sig

Your a smash player too lol? Thats my first competitive game as well.
    Im sure you have heard of ally. I used to train/play with him every weekend =P

lol nice "sex kick" under your name as well lol

4. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Thanks playa, looking for high damage low meter combos. I am satisfied.

5. Owerbart

Owerbart I miss you

Hello. Is the first kombo still doable after the last patch? It seems hard since to Telepunches knock the opponent down.

What I tend to do is FJP, b114 - ForceSlam, FJK - Telepunch, dash, 2 - Forcepush.

No meters, 45%

can anyone tell me if it's possible to do after the dash, instead of 2-forcepush, 2,2 -forcepush? seems kinda hard.

Cheers.

6. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Yes it is still can be done after the patch but its tricky. You have to do a big dash after teleport to connect the 2,2 TKP. Its worth it though if you master it. Does 48% dmg meterless.

7. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    Everyone knows that 45% damage combo though. 8% extra damage for 1 EX meter is worth it unless the 45% damage variant is going to finish them off.

8. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

In my opinion the safest and most dmging 1 meter midscreen combo ALL Ermac players should be using is this. jp B114 EX lift jk teleport dash 22 TKP. 51% and there is no way you ll miss it after you connect B114.

9. PimpUigi

PimpUigi Sex Kick

PSN:
    PlmpUigi
    XBL:
    PimpUigi
    I can agree with that. If you're an Ermac main though, I think there's very little chance in dropping the D1~TKP
    The only times I drop it are when I've taken a break from him (I mess up the JK~TP timing since I'm a Scorpion player).

10. Kindred

Kindred Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    Heres one i didnt see if you want to add it. Id also suggest this kind of format since its easier to read IMHO

Situation: Opponent in the corner
    Combo: JiP, B1, 1, 4, TKS, B1, 2, F1, B1, 2, F1, B1, 2, F1, 2, 2, TKP
    Damage: 55%
    Note: After the TKS, Opponent has to have fallen low enough for all three [B1, 2, F1] to land

Situation: Low jump in kick connects
    Combo: JiK, TLP, dash, 2, 2, TKS, dash, B1, 2, F1, dash, TKP
    Damage: 40%
    Note: Connecting [2, 2] isn't easy so you might want to go for [1, 2]

11. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

About the 1st one. Better use EX lift for a 100% execution of that combo. Plus it adds 4% dmg.

About the second one. Are you sure its 40% ? Have you checked it ? Cause i have a feeling its less.

12. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    For sure each one would be higher with the EX but I want to see the max you can do when you have nothing available. A worst case scenario kind of situation.

For the second, last time I checked it was 40% (forgot when). They might've released some patch so yea it might be less.

13. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Fair enough. How do you punish blocked teleports, KL divekicks etc etc ? Cause i wanna see if i m the only who punishes them with Ermac's max dmg at those situations.

14. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    tbh I usually just TKS and do the usual.
    However, if I want to go for max damage I would do the following. (might not be the highest but better than just TKS for sure)
    3, 1, TKS, jk, TLP, 2, 2, TKP
    Which would give about 40% i think. Keep in mind I never do this so its just a theory lol
    What do you do?

15. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

That combo does 38% dmg if i remember correctly. I usually do B2 (charge abit), B1 lift jk tp dash 22 or 12 TKP. Second choice is B12F1 tp dash 12 lift dash B12F1 dash TKP. Both are above 40% if i remember correctly (not very good with numbers am i ? :) ).

16. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    hmm I just did the 1,2 version and got 33%

17. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

12 version of the 1st or the second one ?

18. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    oops sry shoulve specified:
    B2, B1 lift jk tp dash, 1, 2, TKP

19. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Did you charge B2 abit ? Also you did a diagonal jk or an upward jk ? Cause if you did an upward the dmg is much less.

20. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    i did diaguonal but i think ur right i didnt charge b2 enough

PS: I double checked the jump in kick teleport and i got 39% not 40%. ur right they nerfed a bit

21. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Well yeah no big deal for 1%. About the B12F1 punisher. If i remember correctly before the latest patch it was doing 42% dmg.

22. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    yea that one seems better but I wonder, after u block a teleport of the opponent, can you neutral jump punch them? Because if it works, doing the B12F1 afterward would be great.

Man I want to test this more but I have to study. Damn finals.

23. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Heh. Well gaming is good but real life comes first. Thats life :)

24. Kindred

XBL:
    K1NDRED
    lol
    [​IMG]

On a serious note, you know if you can do a NP when you block a teleport or does it send the guy flying back and stops any kind of continuous combo?

25. Metzos

Metzos Bow before me!
    Premium Supporter

Havent tested it at all so i dont know.