What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero *MATCH FOOTAGE* Post your online/offline matches here (All variations)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
A video about parry'ing against over aggressive opponents are coming up today :)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I will start with some of my early Cryo footage.

Some corner pressure and quitality :D
I was going to respond to this, and ask why exactly you are using cryomancer. You never used a hammer once, and the mid screen combos you used are available with better wall carry and damage to every variation. The strength of your game definitely seemed to be dope blocking and good punishes, which would be capitalised by Unbreakable's aura, and you also did an excellent job of predicting into XRay hold freezes, which is basically what Ice Parry into combo does for no meter.

Then I looked down a couple of posts and saw the rest of your videos were as Unbreakable, and smiled. Glad you found your playstyle. I watched all your vids, as braindead said the first thing I would practice if I was you is better mid screens, your corner one is fine and really consistent, but if you can start landing 242 into either run 123slide for max wall carry and damage, or into f12 for hard knockdown and a free ice aura into mix up, this will really be a good way to capitilise on all those Ice Parrys you are good at connecting, and any Ice Balls that happen to land, as I notice you throw a lot (so do I!).

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you are playing Unbreakable btw. Just because he has defensive tools, doesn't make him a defensive character per se, I feel like the defensive options just let him be comfortably aggressive a lot of the time

zee

Icy
Here's a Cryomancer video of a Ranked match. I love the 1,2 string from sweep distance and slightly beyond -- its speed, distance covered by the 2, its safety and the fact that the 2 is a low. Although 1,2,3 is unsafe on block, if the opponent respects it you can poke after 1,2 or even do a gimmicky 1,2,3, Ex hammer which makes the string safe iff the 3 didn't launch. Yeah, don't do this.

As Cryomancer's best meter building option is to get in and do block strings, 1,2 can be amazing for initiating offense. It fits right in with SZ's barrage of low attacks (b3, d3 and d4) that can make opponents more susceptible to b2 and Ex hammer launches IMO. Kinda sucks that I'm posting my mediocre gameplay after all the Brady videos, but oh well. :p

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I can't remember when I landed so many ice parries on someone in a long time. It appears that if you use Unbreakable as it's supposed to - you will get called "ice shield spammer", lmao.

Ice parry is just godlike.

Durango

Enhancer
Can someone critique two matches I had? I'd really appreciate the advice since I didn't do so well here.

KoldSpecter

Violence begets violence
Can someone critique two matches I had? I'd really appreciate the advice since I didn't do so well here.

Vs. Takeda:
1) High block priority. Most of the Takeda playersi i met try to start from overhead string or jump. Block low if he tries to close up (most of them start with low string after run, cuz it's faster than overhead), one if his bnb strings got low, but it's coukld be blocked on reaction, and about kunai it the next one.
2) Stay full screen. There's really no point for you to go in vs Takeda, as on full screen none of his strings works and he got limited options - kunai, run-in and teleport. If he teleports (most of the time this gonna happen) - it's punishable. Runs in? Slide. Kunai? Slide. Jumps in? EX db1 will lead to 35+ combo on Cryomancer, if I remember it correctly.

Vs. Johhny Cage
For Cryomancer i suppose it's not a really good match up, so i don't know. Cage always would be as close as possible, cuz he's Stund Double works on mid-screen and closer. I guess you should stay full screen and punish for mistakes (you literally kill him in 3 meterless combos with b2 starter anywhere on screen where b2 lands, so be always be ready to punish) or rush in and dont give him opportunity to breath, but I dont now how to do it in Cryo :/

And last, don't ever give up psychologically, because when opponent is feeling that he's dominating, nothing will work.
Hope it would help)

Last edited:

gamesun

Noob
I just started to get how PS4 video editor works(real simple stuff :)) so I'll soon be posting some more vids, won or lose.

Here's my first recorded match.

AniMoney

GIVE ME THE FORMUOLI
Some sick matches from ESL's online tournament this past week. Rebelo running through people up until finals. I think some of the resets he did with b3 > b2 and b3 > b33 were a little cheeky though, leaving some damage on the table imo.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Just a offline casual between me and a friend of mine playing Outlaw Erron Black. FT10. Portuguese language commentators all the way lol.

AniMoney

GIVE ME THE FORMUOLI
Some great GM sub-zero play from wound cowboy and djt at midwest championships. Lookin' very strong.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Just a simple "montage" of my old recordings with some music. Those are very old demos (recorded few days after game's release) put together since I just wanted to clear up my disk space. Stopped playing MKX a month ago, maybe will come back some time latter.

If you like using SZ X-Ray "parry" - you gonna love this one! :)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Just a simple "montage" of my old recordings with some music. Those are very old demos (recorded few days after game's release) put together since I just wanted to clear up my disk space. Stopped playing MKX a month ago, maybe will come back some time latter.

If you like using SZ X-Ray "parry" - you gonna love this one! :)
lol. I bet that Goro immediately logged in to TYM after that game and went into a bunch of threads related to fixing Sub Zero just to tell everyone to stop crying about the character

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
lol. I bet that Goro immediately logged in to TYM after that game and went into a bunch of threads related to fixing Sub Zero just to tell everyone to stop crying about the character
Haha, funny thing - it's the same goro that I have played against few weeks ago - same guy who got salty on my ice-parry defense/rush. He called me out as "ice shield spammer" lmao.

Here's the original video if u haven't seen it yet.